Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs
    replied
    ….Aintree weather watch Sunday;

after a lovely Spring day yesterday, we’ve had a dry night and woken up an hour early to a bright sunny morning.
    Last edited by Eggs; 31 March 2024, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cheltenham Novice Chase
    replied

One for the 2028 Mares Novice Hurdle.

Leave a comment:

• HoldenTheReins
    replied
    Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    …..Aintree weather watch; been a lovely bright and breezy day, sun still shining with lots of blue skies.
    Going to an horrendous week if this is correct https://www.yr.no/en/forecast/daily-...e%20Racecourse

Leave a comment:

• Eggs
    replied
    …..Aintree weather watch Saturday; been a lovely bright and breezy day, sun still shining with lots of blue skies.
    Last edited by Eggs; 31 March 2024, 07:22 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

So is this if you set your own deposit limit?

OR are they imposing a limit on deposits?
    I'd imagine only if you set one

I'm far too degenerate after a couple of pints not to have one haha

Leave a comment:

• Saxon Warrior
    replied
    Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

Forced loss limits now

So before say you had a £50 daily deposit limit win or lose once you've deposited that you couldn't deposit again for 24hrs

Now if you put your £50 in and lose no difference. But say you win a couple hundred. Once that withdrawal is processed you can then re deposit (and let's be honest probably lose) the amount you won. It will also then reset at midnight not 24hours after deposit.

They've done it on all 3 sites, owned by the same company i believe, so must be certain it'll get them more money off people.

For instance I rarely use skybet at all because it's gone to the dogs so have a £25 monthly limit. Just checked and I could deposit £825 right now if i wanted too until it resets 1st April as I Withdrew some Cheltenham winnings off their.

They chat about responsible gambling, their actions tell a different story

In fact betfair made this change in November I believe the day after safer gambling week finished.
    So is this if you set your own deposit limit?

OR are they imposing a limit on deposits?

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post

FinalFurlong91

What are the Rule Changes at those firms?
    Forced loss limits now

So before say you had a £50 daily deposit limit win or lose once you've deposited that you couldn't deposit again for 24hrs

Now if you put your £50 in and lose no difference. But say you win a couple hundred. Once that withdrawal is processed you can then re deposit (and let's be honest probably lose) the amount you won. It will also then reset at midnight not 24hours after deposit.

They've done it on all 3 sites, owned by the same company i believe, so must be certain it'll get them more money off people.

For instance I rarely use skybet at all because it's gone to the dogs so have a £25 monthly limit. Just checked and I could deposit £825 right now if i wanted too until it resets 1st April as I Withdrew some Cheltenham winnings off their.

They chat about responsible gambling, their actions tell a different story

In fact betfair made this change in November I believe the day after safer gambling week finished.

Leave a comment:

• Saxon Warrior
    replied
    Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
    I see sky have now joined betfair and paddy in forcibly changing everyone from deposit limits to loss limits

So much for responsible gambling

It's like they've realised it's a way to circumvent not being able to reverse withdrawals

If you win you can just put it all back in when they process your withdrawal
    FinalFurlong91

What are the Rule Changes at those firms?

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    I see sky have now joined betfair and paddy in forcibly changing everyone from deposit limits to loss limits

So much for responsible gambling

It's like they've realised it's a way to circumvent not being able to reverse withdrawals

If you win you can just put it all back in when they process your withdrawal

Leave a comment:

• Lobos
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post
    And BBC news there are telling us to expect a fairly UK wide wet week ahead, the only doubt being will it impact much on the general Liverpool area?
    Going to be very testing isn't it. You'll need to have a proven Stayer.

Leave a comment:

• The hill
    replied
    I'm right behind the course. Lovely day so far light breeze.

Leave a comment:

• Eggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post
    And BBC news there are telling us to expect a fairly UK wide wet week ahead, the only doubt being will it impact much on the general Liverpool area?
    ….very bright so far, skies are clear & blue, the forecast suggests no rain today. It’ll take a bit to dry things out but the next few days look ok. I’ll keep you posted.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Rugby
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Eggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Fouroverthrutwo View Post

Did you get the boots out Eggs and do a few laps of the racecourse?
    ….ha, ha, one lap would be enough these days, certainly taking a ‘long stud’.

Clear, bright and sunny this morning but yesterday started like this.

Leave a comment:

• Fouroverthrutwo
    replied
    Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ….for the Aintree weather watchers like Irish Rugby it’s not the warmest morning but it’s been sunny, bright and breezy since I got up at around 6am.
    Did you get the boots out Eggs and do a few laps of the racecourse?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X