Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigy14
    replied
    Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Did you skip the NHC Craig
    ITV recording mate so no I know you were sweet on Corbetts…..for the BANC haha!

Although in the aftermath, as good as Corbetts Cross was, I think the win was exaggerated by the underperformance by Embassy Gardens.

That’s not sour grapes on my part, but he post race had irregular heart and the same the next day. Watching on course last week he wasn’t jumping with the same fluently he had in his 2 starts prior, which was an asset. Typical for me to get the WPM ‘NHC good thing’ on side for him to get beat

Leave a comment:

• Faugheen_Machine
    replied
    Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
    Just rewatching the festival now.

Slade Steel was very impressive, sweated up, pulled and still bolted up the hill, impressive for me if it was an unimpressive supreme.

Gaelic Warrior, class, be wary of the form though, hopefully he can go forward, jumped a lot straighter.

Chianti Classico didn’t half piss up, I’m asking the question where’s his ceiling, not saying he’s ‘that’ good but Bass looked confident all the way, the only worry was the peck on landing almost threw him over the top.

State man, class apart, easy as you like.

Lossiemouth, she’s looks the real deal, as Q says class horse can run at least 2 distances and she proves that to me. All class, 2m her best trip imo, but her class won that easily.

Ballyburn, didn’t break sweat, surely WPM doesn’t send him champion hurdle, but free bet cover Ballyburn lossie double is a must imo although not great odds.

Fact To File was really good, he pulled a good bit, but Walsh didn’t seem worried the whole race. Was impressed with gio who didn’t start the race very well, but him jumping got better and better as the race went on.

On Thursday now.
    Did you skip the NHC Craig

Leave a comment:

• Craigy14
    replied
    Just rewatching the festival now.

Slade Steel was very impressive, sweated up, pulled and still bolted up the hill, impressive for me if it was an unimpressive supreme.

Gaelic Warrior, class, be wary of the form though, hopefully he can go forward, jumped a lot straighter.

Chianti Classico didn’t half piss up, I’m asking the question where’s his ceiling, not saying he’s ‘that’ good but Bass looked confident all the way, the only worry was the peck on landing almost threw him over the top.

State man, class apart, easy as you like.

Lossiemouth, she’s looks the real deal, as Q says class horse can run at least 2 distances and she proves that to me. All class, 2m her best trip imo, but her class won that easily.

Ballyburn, didn’t break sweat, surely WPM doesn’t send him champion hurdle, but free bet cover Ballyburn lossie double is a must imo although not great odds.

Fact To File was really good, he pulled a good bit, but Walsh didn’t seem worried the whole race. Was impressed with gio who didn’t start the race very well, but him jumping got better and better as the race went on.

On Thursday now.

Leave a comment:

• Craigy14
    replied
    Mighty I should have clicked your link before commenting.

That is hilarious

Just presumed it was withdrawal problems.

Leave a comment:

• Craigy14
    replied
    Originally posted by Mighty View Post
    For those wondering about whether to use Bet MGM, have a look at this…

https://x.com/betgolfworld/status/17...Ap9QKCXBG0j_tA
    I opened an account week before the festival purely for the £60 free bets.

Stuck them all on the WPM favs, then stuck the first race special on Slade Steel.

Withdrew funds at intervals as opposed to one bit lump. Not a question asked.

Not saying they’re angels but not an issue for me considering all I did was open the account with £10 and the did the first race special.

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Originally posted by Quevega View Post

No clue whatsoever

That's not a standard rule though is it ? with enhanced places, it just depends on the terms published on the day ?

I assume you know that MGM stated this ?
    By what the bloke said after her response it sounds like their terms were 6 places if 22 runners

If he read the Ts and Cs which he probably didn't

MGM look like they weren't prepared at all for the amount of business their offers would attract

Leave a comment:

• Quevega
    replied
    Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post

The person on chat clearly has no clue

But 21 horses started the ultima not 22 so that's why it's a loser

No clue whatsoever

That's not a standard rule though is it ? with enhanced places, it just depends on the terms published on the day ?

I assume you know that MGM stated this ?

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied

That's brilliant and astonishing.
    Who regulates these people ?
    The person on chat clearly has no clue

But 21 horses started the ultima not 22 so that's why it's a loser

You'd think the bloke would've checked that before going on the chat let alone putting it on social media
    Last edited by FinalFurlong91; 22 March 2024, 08:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Benjy23
    replied
    They settled Teahupoo as a winner and allowed me to withdraw in the end by the way. Feel I never updated on that one.

Leave a comment:

• Quevega
    replied
    Originally posted by Mighty View Post

https://x.com/betgolfworld/status/17...Ap9QKCXBG0j_tA
    That's brilliant and astonishing.
    Who regulates these people ?

Leave a comment:

• Mighty
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Istabraq
    replied
    Originally posted by Bollinger View Post

In 99.9% of any betting markets, you always start with the favourite and work backwards from there. Here, in this rare instance, it was all about looking at the ‘outsider’ and working forwards to the fav, who I felt had very little chance.

Interesting comment that Bollinger, knowing you're a bit of shrewdie and seem to have a good handle on value should you not be looking at an event and pricing the market yourself before you see odds available ?
    Maybe it's hard to do this with racing as we only really get to know who runs 48 hours out, but certainly all my (gameday) NFL plays I'll do the work first, price key markets I know I can play then check what's available and only bet where there's a difference...

Leave a comment:

• Bollinger
    replied
    https://www.racingpost.com/news/brit...-aMWFd8C2pnwX/

Bollinger

Not just you by looks of it.
    It was a blatant lie that the ground was Soft (3.7) though and the going stick absenteeism over the weekend was strange.
    Someone's playing games for sure, for whatever reason.

It's almost like "the game" is to take the piss out of racegoers/punters at every conceivable level.
    I called it at the time a week in advance, and I’ll call it again for a final (and frustrating!!) time - betting on heavy ground (with a covering bet on soft at 7/4) at 16/1 was just about the best value market I can think of for many, many years going into the festival.

How any bookmaker had an odds on shot (good to soft at 8/15) being the only ‘runner’ that was of no consequence in the market staggered me.

In 99.9% of any betting markets, you always start with the favourite and work backwards from there. Here, in this rare instance, it was all about looking at the ‘outsider’ and working forwards to the fav, who I felt had very little chance.

A moral victory, if anything. Though a profit made regardless.

Leave a comment:

• Quevega
    replied

Bollinger

Not just you by looks of it.
    It was a blatant lie that the ground was Soft (3.7) though and the going stick absenteeism over the weekend was strange.
    Someone's playing games for sure, for whatever reason.

It's almost like "the game" is to take the piss out of racegoers/punters at every conceivable level.

Leave a comment:

• Craigy14
    replied
    Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
    That's the benefit, to Aintree, of not having any Mares races over Hurdles or Fences.

These clashes with geldings happen there rather than at Cheltenham.
    Aye I really enjoy Aintree, there’s always a good buzz around the place as well.

Hopefully some horses that missed Cheltenham for one reason or another head there and Hendersons yard can bounce back to form after the bug as well.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X