Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JF26x
    replied
    Glad to be here, nice to meet you all!

Leave a comment:

• Ice
    replied
    Echo what's already been said, welcome to all the new guys.

Leave a comment:

• Glasgow Ronnie
    replied
    A warm welcome to all new members

Leave a comment:

• Faugheen_Machine
    replied
    Evening all and a warm welcome all newbies. With Aintree, Ayr, Sandown and Punchestown just around the corner, we should get to see all the top horses at least 1 more time so plenty of ante post discussion still to be had.

Leave a comment:

• Borvalite
    replied
    I have also just signed up and feel very lucky to be part of a forum I have followed for a number of years now. I live ten minutes walk from Cheltenham racecourse so if nothing else I can chip in on some of the weather watch threads with accuracy. My racing opinions are likely to take more hard work to improve but that's why I'm here! Thanks for all of the great content over the years.

Leave a comment:

• SeanRock
    replied
    Originally posted by Kilkenny Cat View Post
    Just had my application to join the forum accepted. Really looking forward to contributing to the Cheltenham discussions - although I do fear I might be out of my depth when looking at the vast amount of knowledgeable folk on here. Not a confrontational type of person so I don't expect to be causing anyone any agro.
    Welcome KC, hope you can divulge some valuable inside local knowledge from Closutton & give Run4Home a digout. But in all seriousness, welcome, hurling & horses my two biggest passions!

Leave a comment:

• Magpie
    replied
    Good to see you KC. Welcome.

Leave a comment:

• BigChaang
    replied
    Originally posted by Kilkenny Cat View Post
    Just had my application to join the forum accepted. Really looking forward to contributing to the Cheltenham discussions - although I do fear I might be out of my depth when looking at the vast amount of knowledgeable folk on here. Not a confrontational type of person so I don't expect to be causing anyone any agro.
    Welcome to the Forum Kilkenny Cat ...

Leave a comment:

• Kilkenny Cat
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kevloaf
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Hello all

Have had requests over the past 12 months from people to join....and now I'm going to let some in

Will be some new members joining over the next week or so ..... so be nice

Remember, for every bed wetter that slips through the net, we have always had people join with lots to offer that have made the forum the place it is today... we can't stand still or we won't move forward, or something more poetic.

Just don't moan
    Just had the fatjockey@email.com account blocked for "unusual activity" .... 200+ people wanting to join getting replies must constitute 'unusual' .... and I agree.

Leave a comment:

• Eggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Killiney View Post
    As one of the new members I hope not to wet anyone’s bed least of all my own! I am now busy trying to get the hang of contributing (technically anyway!). Over the past year or so I have been a ‘lurker’ and have found the forum essential reading - well most of it. I have been a Cheltenham member for many years and like everyone on the forum build my year around it (betting-wise anyway). I bumped into Spectre in the Insurance Bar soon after the Ultima (and the Goffer). To be exact he overheard me talking to my son about The Fat Jockey! I had been trying to join for sometime so it was great to put a face to a handle. Anyway enough from me for the moment.
    ….welcome, Matey, I’m sure you’ll enjoy the company on here, it’s a terrific group.

Leave a comment:

• Killiney
    replied
    As one of the new members I hope not to wet anyone’s bed least of all my own! I am now busy trying to get the hang of contributing (technically anyway!). Over the past year or so I have been a ‘lurker’ and have found the forum essential reading - well most of it. I have been a Cheltenham member for many years and like everyone on the forum build my year around it (betting-wise anyway). I bumped into Spectre in the Insurance Bar soon after the Ultima (and the Goffer). To be exact he overheard me talking to my son about The Fat Jockey! I had been trying to join for sometime so it was great to put a face to a handle. Anyway enough from me for the moment.

Leave a comment:

• Kevloaf
    replied
    Hello all

Have had requests over the past 12 months from people to join....and now I'm going to let some in

Will be some new members joining over the next week or so ..... so be nice

Remember, for every bed wetter that slips through the net, we have always had people join with lots to offer that have made the forum the place it is today... we can't stand still or we won't move forward, or something more poetic.

Just don't moan

Leave a comment:

• Eggs
    replied
    …..Aintree weather watch; Monday.

Grim old morning, rained continuously. Stopped around lunchtime but remained grey and miserable, more showers in the afternoon. The best it’s been in the last hour or so, at least it’s stopped raining for the time being.

Leave a comment:

• Craigy14
    replied
    Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
    Can’t remember where I seen someone mention the Irish National for Nick Rockett, but looks as though WPM has all but confirmed the race for him.

I like the look of Intense Raffles 10/1 with hills. Set to carry 10st7lbs and bolted up twice around Fairyhouse since switching from France. Form of his first win given a boost next time by Where It All Began who has subsequently finished 4th in the Kim Muir.
    Ideal that!!

Sorry to quote myself but fairly happy with that one, horse can’t half ping a fence (bar the mistake 4 out think it was).

Leave a comment:

Working...
X