Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

General Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    …..Aintree weather watch, Monday;

After a very pleasant and dry 48 hours, Monday morning is dark, miserable and wet
    ….rained persistently until around midday, remained overcast and miserable and raining again now. Not nice at all.

Leave a comment:

• Eggs
    replied
    …..Aintree weather watch, Monday;

After a very pleasant and dry 48 hours, Monday morning is dark, miserable and wet

Leave a comment:

• JackieMoon33
    replied
    Originally posted by darlojim View Post

fully agree JM, and the 25/1 Supreme and 33/1 Gallagher is very fair with PP
    Very fair indeed. Hopefully he’ll dodge Punchestown and the price will hold for a good while.

Leave a comment:

• darlojim
    replied
    Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    Still Punchestown to go, but I think that performance by Kopek Des Bordes would be my best in bumpers so far this season. Winners of sales bumpers can often look better than they are due to the entry criteria, but that was very impressive.
    fully agree JM, and the 25/1 Supreme and 33/1 Gallagher is very fair with PP

Leave a comment:

• JackieMoon33
    replied
    Still Punchestown to go, but I think that performance by Kopek Des Bordes would be my best in bumpers so far this season. Winners of sales bumpers can often look better than they are due to the entry criteria, but that was very impressive.

Leave a comment:

• Eggs
    replied
    …..Aintree weather watch Sunday;

Been a mainly bright and breezy day, although it clouded for a few hours this afternoon. Most importantly, no rain as yet and it’s a pleasant early evening with blue skies.

Leave a comment:

• Birds Nest
    replied
    Originally posted by Odin View Post

Good race not to win? Another two easy runs then a big handicap win next Christmas?
    Yes it seems a strange time to lose his novice status for next season tho, imo this could be a grade one animal, i know gavin was talking about supplementing him for the albert and im sure he thoyght he'd win too, Gavin must have a pot planned at the end of a rainbow for this fella but i wasnt expecting chasing until next season.

Leave a comment:

• Odin
    replied
    Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
    Has anyone got any idea why gavin cromwell would choose the 31st march to begin " now is the hours" novice chase career? Am i missing something?
    Good race not to win? Another two easy runs then a big handicap win next Christmas?

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Originally posted by Birds Nest View Post
    Has anyone got any idea why gavin cromwell would choose the 31st march to begin " now is the hours" novice chase career? Am i missing something?
    His age maybe?

He's already 7

Leave a comment:

• DenmanSacre
    replied
    Constitution Hill has suffered a setback in his health, with trainer Nicky Henderson describing a “few traumatic days” due to suspected colic.

Constitution Hill has suspected colic. Hopefully pulls through. Turned out to be a nightmare season for him. Lots of issues this year.

Leave a comment:

• Birds Nest
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Saxon Warrior
    replied
    Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post
    You know I don't think that forecast this week is at all that bad, rain everywhere but the racecourse could miss it though. Like Cheltenham it probably just needs a little rain though and the ground remains heavy.

Has there been any advance going reports yet given that the meeting is only Thursday week away? I've seen nothing reported.
    Usually begin a week out from Day 1 of the meeting.

So this Thursday coming, maybe the time the daily updates start

Though Cheltenham got moody about it taking 90 minutes to walk the course each day with the Going Stick and give Daily Updates on that.

So they only did the Going Stick every 2 or 3 days, which wasn't a great help to anyone checking Daily.

Leave a comment:

• Irish Rugby
    replied
    You know I don't think that forecast this week is at all that bad, rain everywhere but the racecourse could miss it though. Like Cheltenham it probably just needs a little rain though and the ground remains heavy.

Has there been any advance going reports yet given that the meeting is only Thursday week away? I've seen nothing reported.

Leave a comment:

• Eggs
    replied
    ….Aintree weather watch Sunday;

after a lovely Spring day yesterday, we’ve had a dry night and woken up an hour early to a bright sunny morning.
    Last edited by Eggs; 31 March 2024, 08:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Cheltenham Novice Chase
    replied

One for the 2028 Mares Novice Hurdle.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X