Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Foxhunters Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Worlds End was never going to be a straightforward bet what the qualifying runs required in a short space of time, but I’ll be more than happy with him qualifying and lining up on the day in a race I won’t be getting too involved with, so thanks again to Crowley for putting this one up - step 1 complete

Comment

• Watched it back, and Highway Jewell def stayed on well, but think the other two were paddling at the end as well. I’ve always thought Worlds End is a bit soft when it comes to the end product. HJ you would think would love the Cheltenham Hill, so IMO 20/1 + looks decent odds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
        Can’t have TWE after that. Poor jumping and had to work extremely hard just to place. Still requires another run, probably in not ideal conditions, just to make the start line. Will be knackered come the second circuit at Cheltenham.
        Must have watched a different race

Comment

• I was fairly impressed with the winner, am I the only one?

First run for 11 months, won a hunters over course and distance in 2019, now an 8 year old, also won a couple points and a second prior to his return to the track today.

16/1 NRNB.

Comment

• For info, Bob & Co and Porlock Bay among the entries for the Hunter Chase below at Musselburgh. Both are middle table in the betting but a good run here could propel them up the ranks. Bob & Co gave David Maxwell a bit of grief last season but an established Pro might not have similar problems. Last season DM had a tough choice between riding Shantou Flyer or Bob & Co ( personally I reckon his groin chose the easier ride......)

No entries yet for Cat Tiger (another potential runner for David Maxwell) which is a slight concern as not much time left to get in 2 qualifying runs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Craigy14 View Post
              I was fairly impressed with the winner, am I the only one?

First run for 11 months, won a hunters over course and distance in 2019, now an 8 year old, also won a couple points and a second prior to his return to the track today.

16/1 NRNB.
              Depends how Latenightpass comes out of the race and will then need a follow up top 4 to qualify.

Also the C&D win you mention at Cheltenham was a much lower grade race and it unfolded very similar to today, with Latenightpass struggling to hold onto lead. Below is in running comments from that Cheltenham win.

"Prominent, went 2nd after 17th, led 19th, quickly drew clear going well before 2 out where 12 lengths ahead, soon idling badly and driven, untidy last, pressed from halfway up run-in but galvanised to hold rival final 100yds, won with ears pricked (op 10/1 tchd 12/1)"

Personally I can enviage something getting past up the hill.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

Must have watched a different race
                Yeah, I’m in the minority clearly, but can only say what I see as Roy Walker would ask us!

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post

Yeah, I’m in the minority clearly, but can only say what I see as Roy Walker would ask us!
                  I actually agree with you. I get the plan was a top 4 finish, but The Worlds End was 20lbs clear on ratings and made heavy weather of that. Hopefully he'll have an amateur up next time as I'm far from Heskins biggest fan TBH!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

I actually agree with you. I get the plan was a top 4 finish, but The Worlds End was 20lbs clear on ratings and made heavy weather of that. Hopefully he'll have an amateur up next time as I'm far from Heskins biggest fan TBH!
                    Would also agree with you both. The winner was giving him 4lbs too and TWE also had the race fitness edge.

It’s not because I’ve not backed him, don’t back much if anything in this race until much closer to the day. Those on at the prices have a very good bet imo but him having to come out rather soon with the festival less than 6 weeks away would be a concern given most of his best performances have been on better ground.

Comment

• I would be baffled if anyone that wasn't on The World's End already, backed him for this race after that run today.

Baffled.

I get the positivity, I've backed him too, but that was average at absolute best.

Comment

• Yeah i struggle to see the buzz..i havent backed him personally as i didnt like the angle in the first place..hes not out of it by any means but i wont be rushing to jump on after today

Comment

• Every year we get (ex) top class horses routed here and there’s a general perception they have to be better than those coming from the amateur ranks, can anyone remember one winning ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                            Every year we get (ex) top class horses routed here and there’s a general perception they have to be better than those coming from the amateur ranks, can anyone remember one winning ?
                            Pacha du Polder

probably ought to have win three on the bounce after converting

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Pacha du Polder

probably ought to have win three on the bounce after converting
                              I’d challenge that he was top class but he did win a couple of G2s and was clearly a talented horse so I might have to concede him.
                              I certainly can’t remember another one...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

I’d challenge that he was top class but he did win a couple of G2s and was clearly a talented horse so I might have to concede him.
                                I certainly can’t remember another one...
                                Look no further than Grittar, the winner of the Cheltenham and Aintree Foxhunters in 1981 who went on to finish 6th in the Cheltenham Gold Cup the following year and then won the Grand National a few weeks later.

Grittar – the hunter chaser who won the Grand National, Weatherbys Point-to-Point, Weatherbys Point-to-Point
                                Welcome to www.pointtopoint.co.uk - The Official Home of Point-to-Pointing. We bring you the latest entries, results and fixtures for the season.

Comment

Working...
                                X