Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
https://pay.anna.money/p/fjforumslimited
See more
See less

Foxhunters Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ....Hunter Chase 3.15 Catt today.

Heard Luke Harvey putting up Porlock Bay yesterday (20-1 NRNB). Trained by Will Biddick, I think it needs another run to qualify.

.....I’m useless but I’m claiming this one from February & it’s in my tipping competition so I’m not getting the wooden spoon!!
    Last edited by Eggs; 19 March 2021, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Atlantic Viking
    replied
    Wasn't on myself but remember it's had a few shouts on here from weeks back, well in all those who got involved.

Leave a comment:

• Big Bucks
    replied
    Jane mangan you wee Dancer!! Really glad I listened to that preview night!

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Originally posted by FinalFurlong91 View Post
    Have absolutely no sensible reasoning but iv had a few quid on Porlock Bay

Formerly trained by francois Nicole in France, almost two years off the track before reappearing last month with a good second to sametagal

Just think his profile is interesting, though stamina may be a doubt as all of his french runs were over shorter
    The day just gets better and better

Leave a comment:

• Nathaniel99999
    replied
    I wasn't going to do a bet on this race as it didn't interest me because the race can be so open. But only one horse has stood out for me and that is Mr Mantilla.
    I looked every horse but this horse has won against some decent horses in its races. Obviously it's not run on tracks like Punchestown, but if you look down on the horses its beat the horse must be decent. I've had a go at 25/1 E/W extra on bet365. I feel it's a good price its first time doing the fox hunters at Cheltenham and I don't think many people have noticed the horses its beaten.

Leave a comment:

• FinalFurlong91
    replied
    Have absolutely no sensible reasoning but iv had a few quid on Porlock Bay

Formerly trained by francois Nicole in France, almost two years off the track before reappearing last month with a good second to sametagal

Just think his profile is interesting, though stamina may be a doubt as all of his french runs were over shorter

Leave a comment:

• Nortons who
    replied
    My top 3 for this remain Billaway, Bob & Co and Salvatore E/W.

This looks a more competitive renewal than usual, with quite a few in with a chance and the lack of Amateurs will certainly change the complexion of the race. Good horse with good jockey = realistic chance, which in previous years has been limited to only a handful of the better amatuers in the race.

So I remain convinced that Billaway and Bob & Co have 2 of the best jockeys around, which for me enhances their chances. The market obviously sees it that way too, so finding value elsewhere (especially E/W) is probably the way to go unless you are already on the top two at bigger prices.

Leave a comment:

• Quevega
    replied
    I've backed 3 in this, and I'm no expert.
    But I think it may pay to be prominent more often than not.
    And Bryony may get the type of easy lead she'll be dreaming about for Frodon (which she won't get, unless the ones pestering her fall for some reason)
    I'd expect Bob & Co to also be ridden prominent, but his jumping may not help him with this, whereas Bryony may get into a nice rhythm. She does more often than not.
    Anyway I fucking hope so cos I got 100-1 on the exchange and will have more if it goes that way again.

Bob&Co
    Salvatore
    Wishingandhoping.

Leave a comment:

• Diamond Geezer
    replied
    May help ?

http://willbowlerracing.blogspot.com...e-know-it.html

Leave a comment:

• Diamond Geezer
    replied
    48 hour declarations

Leave a comment:

• Nortons who
    replied
    See link below for article on Hazel Hill, Wishing and Hoping, Salvatore.

Interestingly Alex Edwards is on Hazel Hill again, which I personally find slightly disappointing, since for continuity I had hoped he would ride Salvatore (Lee Edwards, Alex's brother takes the ride on Salvatore. Lee has 29 Chase wins from 321 rides, so around 9%).

If you read to the bottom of the article Mel Rowley the trainer comments that of her three runners Salvatore could be the dark horse.

Edwards brothers and Bryony on Rowley’s Festival runners, Weatherbys Point-to-Point, Weatherbys Point-to-Point
    https://www.pointtopoint.co.uk/news_...stival-runners

Leave a comment:

• Diamond Geezer
    replied
    Hazel Hill also entered in the Hunter Chase at Carlisle on Sunday.

Leave a comment:

• Bonjers
    replied
    Bryony rides Wishing & Hoping.

Leave a comment:

• PresentingPercy88
    replied
    6 Day decs

Billaway
    Bob And Co
    Chameron
    Duhallow Tornado
    Hazel Hill
    It Came To Pass
    Latenightpass
    Law of Gold
    Mighty Stowaway
    Monbeg Gold
    Mr Mantilla
    Porlock Bay
    Ravished
    Red Indian
    Salvatore
    Sonneofpresenting
    Staker Wallace
    Stand Up And Fight
    Wishing And Hoping

Leave a comment:

• Nortons who
    replied
    Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I wonder if it is actually Harry choosing not to ride, or whether they're happy letting Bowen keep the ride? The owner may have had a say?
    I agree entirely, we know that Bob and Co has not been the easiest of rides in the past. So having SB on him last time, if SB gets the ride again he will at least have had that run to get used to him. The HC decision was also because of his connections with Rosie Loxton, I understand.

The main worry for me with Bob and Co still is that his jumping doesn't look great, he clouted a few LTO but as has already been mentioned he didn't look like falling.

If the ground comes up good then Salvatore would be my value choice as he has run on any ground, he has Alex Edwards on his back (who has always riden him) and he won't be stopping up the hill.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X