Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Foxhunters Chase 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Be disappointing if they suspend cashout during this race, I think we'll get away with it... so probably a good move.

Might do it in the morning if I remember

Comment

• ...Hills have TWE today & Foxhunters @ 20-1

Comment

• Given there are going to be a fair number of Hunter Chases run over the next few weeks, just a quick reminder that the Entry crieria for the Cheltenham Hunter Chase has been relaxed for this year (primarily due to the suspension of Point To Points) so in theory it should be much easier to get horses qualified.

Its now : horses who finish in the first four on two occasions in a hunter chase between January 20 and March 1, 2021 to qualify.

So as already mentioned, TWE needs two top 4 finishes to qualify, whereas the likes of Highway Jewel and Marcle Ridge only need one Top 4 finish because their Open P2P wins this season already count towards qualificatiin.

Also for those who thrive on related doubles, before The Wordls End runs today in the 4:10 at Warwick there are plenty of quite well fancied McNeill family horses to consider pairing with TWE, including: Escaria Ten (if you can work out which race he will go for), Tritonic or Youmdor in the Triumph, and Portrush Ted in the Pertemps.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nortons who View Post
          Given there are going to be a fair number of Hunter Chases run over the next few weeks, just a quick reminder that the Entry crieria for the Cheltenham Hunter Chase has been relaxed for this year (primarily due to the suspension of Point To Points) so in theory it should be much easier to get horses qualified.

Its now : horses who finish in the first four on two occasions in a hunter chase between January 20 and March 1, 2021 to qualify.

So as already mentioned, TWE needs two top 4 finishes to qualify, whereas the likes of Highway Jewel and Marcle Ridge only need one Top 4 finish because their Open P2P wins this season already count towards qualificatiin.

Also for those who thrive on related doubles, before The Wordls End runs today in the 4:10 at Warwick there are plenty of quite well fancied McNeill family horses to consider pairing with TWE, including: Escaria Ten (if you can work out which race he will go for), Tritonic or Youmdor in the Triumph, and Portrush Ted in the Pertemps.
          Thx

Interesting debate tho prob this...

For me, ownership is not really a related double, unless it impacts choice of race (so impacts price), or in same stable (stable form)

That said, they do have a nice team.....and like many trying to decide where ET goes
          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Jockey bookings are interesting today. For the two main fancies coming from P2P backgrounds, Highway Jewel and Marcle Ridge connections have taken completely different approaches.

For Highway Jewel, they have engaged Sean Bowen wno has tons of rules experience and chase wins to his name. Suggests to me they fancy HJ to step up well into this grade, or at least ensure she finishes in the top 4.

Whereas for Marcle Ridge they are using the same jockey the trainer engaged last week for Miss Seagreen. Although they finished 3rd, which would be enough here to qualify, Mr Kington doesn't have a great record, 60 chases since his last win and not far off a year ago.

Comment

• Mission accomplished for The Worlds End, funny race.

Comment

• Given the heavy conditions I’m happy with the worlds end then. He wasn’t given too tough a time and with so many pulled up third place is good. Let’s hope he’s not too tired from this and can get another race under his belt with enough time for Festival

Comment

• I thought highway jewel had a much softer time of it than the worlds end tbh

Comment

• Originally posted by Atlantic Viking View Post
                    Mission accomplished for The Worlds End, funny race.
                    Yep. Top 4 was the aim today so its job done. Tom George was always banging on about him wanting good spring ground so there's every chance heavy today was far from ideal. 1 down 1 to go.

He has an odd action, never noticed it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannycraigpirates View Post
                      I thought highway jewel had a much softer time of it than the worlds end tbh
                      Highway Jewel would be the one to take from that for me aswell. Think the Cheltenham hill could really suit her, and that's her qualified now I believe?

TWE will have to run again to qualify, which given the ground at the minute will surely take it's toll on him?

Comment

• Quite an odd race. Just thought maybe Highway Jewell has one bad fence, and jockey was quite easy on it after that, but then stayed on so well, he started to roust it along again. Going to have to watch that again

Comment

• Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                          Given the heavy conditions I’m happy with the worlds end then. He wasn’t given too tough a time and with so many pulled up third place is good. Let’s hope he’s not too tired from this and can get another race under his belt with enough time for Festival
                          I was impressed with how well and how far out he kept at it, a decent enough start to life in this sphere I reckon. Strange ride though, would like to see him given a bit less to do next time.

Comment

• ....appears more Oddschecker blue for Highway Jewel than TWE after that. Both similarly priced, bits of 20-1 for HJ.
                            Last edited by Eggs; 3 February 2021, 03:27 PM.

Comment

• I don't know how the fences compare in height betwen Warwick and Cheltenham but Highway Jewel isn't the biggest mare and seemed to have to reach for a few. Having said that she readily scampered at the finish. She would be the one for me to take out of the race, especially as Sean Bowen may get to ride her again.

Highway Jewel still 20-1 for this, same price as the winner Latenightpass, who ran well after nearly a year since last PTP race but IMO the hill could be problematic.

The Worlds End didn't jump anywhere near as fluently as I had expected, so currently not as impressed as I thought I would be. Still work in progress.

Comment

• Can’t have TWE after that. Poor jumping and had to work extremely hard just to place. Still requires another run, probably in not ideal conditions, just to make the start line. Will be knackered come the second circuit at Cheltenham.

Comment

Working...
                                X