• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

The ‘I’m struggling’ thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
How brave of you to post that MOM. Something like that should be made into a poster and put up at every doctors surgery ,bus stop , taxi stand, train station. The amount of lives that would save/change would be huge. Got me right there. Well done mate.

And shirt shops !

Very Brave post indeed.
Takes some bottle that for a young man.
It doesn't surprise me though, so keep working at it fella.:)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Middle_Of_March
And shirt shops !

Very Brave post indeed.
Takes some bottle that for a young man.
It doesn't surprise me though, so keep working at it fella.:)

Read the post out to my son who's still at home with us at 28 and has had a really tough couple of years. Normally he tells me to shut up but he listened the whole way through and asked questions afterwards. You could tell it had an immediate impact on him. Golden post MOM.
 
Middle_Of_March I really want to thank you for posting this. It means so much to hear you speak openly and honestly about your experience and how brave you are to do so.

Eight years ago my brother in law didn’t tell anyone and took his life at the age of 30. We knew he was finding life hard, but he found it so difficult to speak. I wish above anything else we’d had the chance to remind him how loved he was before he left us. My wife was six months pregnant with our first at the time, and god she still misses him, and wanted him to be able to hold our children.

Anyone out there in the same situation - read MoM’s post, and talk to someone. You’re more loved than you know. And if you can’t talk to someone you know, call someone anonymous like the Samaritans

As they say “If you don’t have family or friends close by, or don’t feel like there’s anyone you can talk to, you are never alone.” Call them on 116 123. Their lines are open 24 hours a day.

And if anyone feels like talking, drop me a message. I’ve always vowed to be there and drop anything in case anyone feels like that.

Amazing post MoM - so proud of you for talking.
 
Evening all. Just wanted to say thanks for all the incredibly kind replies. Genuinely choked up reading this. So many wonderful people on here. If even one person reads it and it helps them understand what they’re dealing with and going through then I’m glad I posted it. I didn’t really have any intention to ever share that on here but it seems perfectly appropriate to speak from the heart there. I’m now a walking-talking example I suppose of the benefit of speaking to someone when you’re in a dark place.

Mighty I’m so sorry to hear that about your brother in law.
 
Last edited:
Thank you for posting Middle_Of_March it's a refreshing and inspiring story, and will hopefully encourage many others to talk about anything and everything that they need to talk about.

I wish you all the best moving forward, and to everyone on here, my DM's are always open should you need to talk :love_heart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Middle_Of_March
Middle_Of_March that was an incredibly powerful and brave post, putting yourself out there like that. You are right, talking and sharing is key. Often, the issues we think we face alone are shared by others all around us and that in itself can make dealing with issues a lot easier. Stay strong pal
 
Wow MOM what a post, such an important message… Talk! That had me in tears, so pleased you are in a better place now. My DM is always open for you and anyone else.
 
Wow MOM what a post, such an important message… Talk! That had me in tears, so pleased you are in a better place now. My DM is always open for you and anyone else.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Middle_Of_March
I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time Benjy. I lost my father 3 years ago on Christmas Day. Also unexpected. We were very close, and there's still not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. It's a tough time for you right now, but what I will say is that all the good memories you have will keep you close to him. And time helps to take the pain away.

Middle of March's post is the most poignant of reminders to us all. Reading his post reminds us all just how important it is to make the most of life. There's always something good waiting for us round the corner, and none of us should ever get that low before we talk about out problems. Thankyou for taking the time and being brave enough to share. I suspect it will have hit home with more people than you imagine. Hopefully it will encourage more of us to share our feelings and talk about our issues.

I myself had a pretty tough time with something for a good while, which I've now addressed and dealt with to a degree. And whilst things haven't gone away completely, life has very much turned around for me, from being in a really bad place at times last year. Sometimes you need to talk about things, other times you need to act and make positive decisions. In my case I needed to do both.

I've barely been on here over the last few months, which is solely down to letting a couple of things on here get to me, which in normal circumstances I'd have brushed off and just moved on. Getting a hard time at a bad time can make us respond or react irrationally, and I just said 'screw it', which was incredibly stupid when what we discuss here is such a big part of my life. All I did was deny myself the enjoyment I get talking all things racing. Particularly Cheltenham.

I intend to spend more time on here again between now and the Festival, and I will ignore those who have trolled me, either on the main threads or on DM. It's not worth giving them the air, and I won't let them spoil the enjoyment I get from FJ.
 
I'm sorry to hear you're going through such a tough time Benjy. I lost my father 3 years ago on Christmas Day. Also unexpected. We were very close, and there's still not a day that goes by that I don't think about him. It's a tough time for you right now, but what I will say is that all the good memories you have will keep you close to him. And time helps to take the pain away.

Middle of March's post is the most poignant of reminders to us all. Reading his post reminds us all just how important it is to make the most of life. There's always something good waiting for us round the corner, and none of us should ever get that low before we talk about out problems. Thankyou for taking the time and being brave enough to share. I suspect it will have hit home with more people than you imagine. Hopefully it will encourage more of us to share our feelings and talk about our issues.

I myself had a pretty tough time with something for a good while, which I've now addressed and dealt with to a degree. And whilst things haven't gone away completely, life has very much turned around for me, from being in a really bad place at times last year. Sometimes you need to talk about things, other times you need to act and make positive decisions. In my case I needed to do both.

I've barely been on here over the last few months, which is solely down to letting a couple of things on here get to me, which in normal circumstances I'd have brushed off and just moved on. Getting a hard time at a bad time can make us respond or react irrationally, and I just said 'screw it', which was incredibly stupid when what we discuss here is such a big part of my life. All I did was deny myself the enjoyment I get talking all things racing. Particularly Cheltenham.

I intend to spend more time on here again between now and the Festival, and I will ignore those who have trolled me, either on the main threads or on DM. It's not worth giving them the air, and I won't let them spoil the enjoyment I get from FJ.

:encouragement::applause::love_heart:
Welcome back Sir spectre !
 
You've been missed Paul. Welcome back, and look forward to hearing some more pearls of wisdom from you.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Tickety Boo
Great to have you back, and hope things are much better now Paul. It’s not been the same on here without you.
 
Fantastic to see you back Paul - you have been hugely missed. More importantly, it's great to hear you're in a better place.

It's going to be so much fun sharing the countdown to Cheltenham in your company.

Bravo Le Meilleur Spectre
 
Thanks for the words Spectre. And welcome back! This place certainly gives me some good distraction, and I hope you start to enjoy it again!
​​
 
Don't know you personally Paul
However I have valued your insight and knowledge that you give to this forum
Pleased you are in a better space and look forward to reading your posts
 
Great to hear again from you Paul. Glad you are in a better place. To you and others DMs always open for an ear to speak too.
 
Spectre Fantastic news (the fact that you intend to spend more time on here), you have been sadly missed, looking forward to reading your next posts :cheerful: :smiley_simmons:
 
Spectre Echo the other posts, always a shame when a Forum loses one of its more knowledgeable posters. I'm glad it sounds like you're in a better place and hope you get back to contributing more regularly.