• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2026 Novice Hurdlers

With regards to Ballyfad, I can only imagine Gordon has an idea of the pecking order and maybe doesn't think Ballyfad beats El Cairos.

Based on the run yesterday you'd have Ballyfad ahead of Skylight Hustle on a line through Talk The Talk so maybe he's thinking out loud about possibly splitting his best two chances up. No different to what Willie does.

Still annoying, whatever the reason, as he definitely said Ballyfad & El Cairos to Supreme yesterday!!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Craigy14
With regards to Ballyfad, I can only imagine Gordon has an idea of the pecking order and maybe doesn't think Ballyfad beats El Cairos.

Based on the run yesterday you'd have Ballyfad ahead of Skylight Hustle on a line through Talk The Talk so maybe he's thinking out loud about possibly splitting his best two chances up. No different to what Willie does.

Still annoying, whatever the reason, as he definitely said Ballyfad & El Cairos to Supreme yesterday!!!
Yep, he did. I’m going to have to cover on the day
 
With regards to Ballyfad, I can only imagine Gordon has an idea of the pecking order and maybe doesn't think Ballyfad beats El Cairos.

Based on the run yesterday you'd have Ballyfad ahead of Skylight Hustle on a line through Talk The Talk so maybe he's thinking out loud about possibly splitting his best two chances up. No different to what Willie does.

Still annoying, whatever the reason, as he definitely said Ballyfad & El Cairos to Supreme yesterday!!!

He'd have known this straight away though wouldn't he?
 
Elliot’s as big a gobshite as there is. But in his defence it’s usually in excited mode.
All smartied up after seeing one of his win.
Get shut of the turners and mares hurdle
We’ll all have to talk less then 👍🏿
 
He'd have known this straight away though wouldn't he?

Maybe so, but as @Quevega said he was probably all excited, and maybe said it in the heat of the moment having watched him going so close in 2m G1.

Not ideal for punters, admittedly.
 
In my opinion, Ballyfad becomes a much bigger player in the Turners than the Supreme. Would expect one of OPS, Talk The Talk, or El C to have his measure over 2m.

If those three all go Supreme (which is likely), then he'd have a significant shout in the Turners. I think he'd get the better of Skylight - not sure who Jack would choose between the two.
 
In my opinion, Ballyfad becomes a much bigger player in the Turners than the Supreme. Would expect one of OPS, Talk The Talk, or El C to have his measure over 2m.

If those three all go Supreme (which is likely), then he'd have a significant shout in the Turners. I think he'd get the better of Skylight - not sure who Jack would choose between the two.

I think all 3 of them you mentioned will have his measure over 2m, which is why is was disappointing for Gordon to say Supreme and then look to have changed his mind.

I also think Ballyfad is better than Skylight too.
 
Maybe so, but as @Quevega said he was probably all excited, and maybe said it in the heat of the moment having watched him going so close in 2m G1.

Not ideal for punters, admittedly.

Oh yea, he's got excited said something and gone home and had a think about it and realised the Turners is a better chance. And rightly so.

The one thing you'd think he would've known immediately though is his own runners in each race.

The double I cashed out was El Cairos and Ballyfad...
 
  • Like
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
Its impossible to judge who is better between ballyfad and skylight hustle tbf at this stage

We dont know how far TTT would have beaten skylight by

And ballyfad was greatly flattered by the run of the race

(I still cant quite believe TTT managed to even get close let alone get up on the line from that far back in such a slowly run race)
 
The tatts wasn't the same as recent years, no stand out winner. The last 5/6 runnings we've all come away confidently saying we've seen a Cheltenham winner, this year it's a debate.

Three really good horses this year or run the race again and get three different outcomes?

TTT has potentially beat turners horses in a photo, I'm just thinking out loud, jury's still out for me, on all three.

Head tells me they all three have a chance at the festival, heart isn't so sure.
 
Oh yea, he's got excited said something and gone home and had a think about it and realised the Turners is a better chance. And rightly so.

The one thing you'd think he would've known immediately though is his own runners in each race.

The double I cashed out was El Cairos and Ballyfad...

I had this double plus a couple of singles @ 25's 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That said, I made decent enough profit off them all to go in again, just feels nicer having a 25/1 ticket as opposed to an 8-10/1 ticket!!
 
Elliot probably spoke to jack properly after initial comments
Which is the sensible thing to do.
Probably like Skelton and kabral
Thing is
It’ll probably change again
One injury in his yard or to a big rival and then there’s ground also
Sit tight I reckon
 
  • Like
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
I had this double plus a couple of singles @ 25's 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

That said, I made decent enough profit off them all to go in again, just feels nicer having a 25/1 ticket as opposed to an 8-10/1 ticket!!

Same! Feels different going back in at 8s but NRNB may help me justify the switch in my own mind :LOL:

Feels like a 4 or 5/1 the field kind of race on the day mind. Think a few might fancy a crack at it, when it looks wide open.
 
I'm surprised Kazansky (16/1 NRNB or 20/1 AP) & Love Me Tender (40/1 NRNB or 100/1 AP) are the prices they are for the Albert Bartlett, for a race run yesterday that has a solid Bartlett record.

Stolen from @Saxon Warrior fantastic work, the Nathaniel Lacy in the past 5 years has produced the following Albert Bartlett results:

1st - 3
2nd - 1
3rd - 1
4th - 1

In them past 5 years no winner of the Nathaniel Lacy has doubled up at the festival, closest was Minella Cocooner who won the NL & finished 2nd in the Bartlett.

Willie has gone both ways with his winners of the NL, and if you are of the belief that Doctor Steinberg goes to the Turners then I think the two mentioned above should be covered for the Bartlett.

Needless to say I've covered both at NRNB & AP prices now.
 
Its impossible to judge who is better between ballyfad and skylight hustle tbf at this stage

We dont know how far TTT would have beaten skylight by

And ballyfad was greatly flattered by the run of the race

(I still cant quite believe TTT managed to even get close let alone get up on the line from that far back in such a slowly run race)
Yep hard to judge who’s better out the two at this stage, and not easy to know what race Ballyfad will end up in.
My take fwiw from watching him run is really could be either, and will probably be decidedly late on after both races start taking more shape, plus ground I guess?
IMO he’s worth a cover for both, think he’s a big player in whichever they choose.
 
I don't think Ballyfad was flattered at all by the way the race was run. If anything he was hindered much more than others. Even though he was on the front end, he was flat to the boards for the last half miles when the pace quickened as the race was run at a crawl.

To be seen at his best, he needs a well run race over further imo. Better ground should suit too.

I think he did very well to get involved in the finish, as he could easily have been swamped.
 
Laurets D'estruval declared 2m Thursday too for Paul

Was 2nd beaten 4 1/2L behind Starting Fifteen (who was beaten 10L in the Tatts Nov Hdle this weekend)

Could be one that improves greatly from his Xmas run when plenty weren't firing.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Exar Essay
Elliot probably spoke to jack properly after initial comments
Which is the sensible thing to do.
Probably like Skelton and kabral
Thing is
It’ll probably change again
One injury in his yard or to a big rival and then there’s ground also
Sit tight I reckon
 
Is it me, or are those RPR’s for the 2m novice hurdle on Sunday a bit low (even with the slow pace)?

Interesting to see if those get changed at all over the next few days. I’m surprised it hasn’t been rated at least on a par with the Christmas race at Leop.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Saxon Warrior