• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Champion Chase

Is that Dinoblue taking him along ?


Only kidding.

Looking at his markings it might well be Appreciate It which could be interesting.

Seen a mention it’s Femme Magnifique giving EF a lead
 
So the big two have Elixir de Nutz and Unexpected Party as opponents for Ascot.
If one of them don’t run I don’t think I will be going!!
I could put up with replacement bus as part of journey to see a big clash, but not a virtual walkover.

I can't help picking up on comments like this one....

Unexpected Party is rated 141

Would another 10 horses make the race better, if they were all 'also-rans'?


Obviously we'd all like loads of good horses in all the good races, but they don't exist right now :applouse:
 
I can't help picking up on comments like this one....

Unexpected Party is rated 141

Would another 10 horses make the race better, if they were all 'also-rans'?


Obviously we'd all like loads of good horses in all the good races, but they don't exist right now :applouse:

I think he meant if either EF or J was a non runner though the wording is ambiguous

should say carnage not he as he may be a she of course(or they:biggrin-new:) my god I’m old.
 
Last edited:
I can't help picking up on comments like this one....

Unexpected Party is rated 141

Would another 10 horses make the race better, if they were all 'also-rans'?


Obviously we'd all like loads of good horses in all the good races, but they don't exist right now :applouse:

No they would not make the race better, but I was hoping I might have got to see some half decent opposition for a Grade 1.
Still if their ain’t any that’s that.
 
I did indeed mean that.
Yep I can confirm I am a he.

Ah yeah, gotcha - I misread sorry ....

I agree, a 1 horse race wouldn't be worth going to see, the clash very much is!

I've gone from strongly disagree to strongly agree by learning how to read
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rooster Booster
Ah yeah, gotcha - I misread sorry ....

I agree, a 1 horse race wouldn't be worth going to see, the clash very much is!

I've gone from strongly disagree to strongly agree by learning how to read

:highly_amused: How much better would the world be if everyone adopted this approach ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Rooster Booster
Ah yeah, gotcha - I misread sorry ....

I agree, a 1 horse race wouldn't be worth going to see, the clash very much is!

I've gone from strongly disagree to strongly agree by learning how to read

Hahaha,I should have been clearer.

Tickets are £30, and the train/bus is a 3 hour journey.
I will do that to see this race if both EF and J are there.
The atmosphere when Energ and Shishkin clashed was something else!!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
I guess Edwardstone is back in this now.
Clearly wanted to go faster at Kempton, usually settles and travels nicely over 2m.
Worth bearing in mind if looking at e/w bets imo
 
Last edited:
I couldn't care less it's a 4 runner race. It's the clash we've all been waiting for and another 6 dross 2 milers aren't going to make the race any better.

Hoping EF wins emphatically and Nicky goes Ryanair. Thats the perfect outcome. That being said, imagine if there is a short head in it, we'd have one hell of a race to look forward to come march which would be more exciting IMO
 
Everybody seems to be looking for the each way steal in this race

Having looked over it I have landed on Fil D’or

I know he has to find a lot on ratings but the others ahead of him apart from the 2 principles have question marks

His 2 runs this season have been promising and a good showing at the DRF will see the 50s tumbling

He is a young up and coming chaser versus horses that may be regressing

Yes you can pick holes in it but for me it was worth a small each way at 50s
 
Everybody seems to be looking for the each way steal in this race

Having looked over it I have landed on Fil D’or

I know he has to find a lot on ratings but the others ahead of him apart from the 2 principles have question marks

His 2 runs this season have been promising and a good showing at the DRF will see the 50s tumbling

He is a young up and coming chaser versus horses that may be regressing

Yes you can pick holes in it but for me it was worth a small each way at 50s

like it. also, if EF wallops Jonbon and Nicky steps up to the Ryanair then the market blows wide open and 50's becomes half that and some.
 
Everybody seems to be looking for the each way steal in this race

Having looked over it I have landed on Fil D’or

I know he has to find a lot on ratings but the others ahead of him apart from the 2 principles have question marks

His 2 runs this season have been promising and a good showing at the DRF will see the 50s tumbling

He is a young up and coming chaser versus horses that may be regressing

Yes you can pick holes in it but for me it was worth a small each way at 50s

He's going to Thurles for the 21st, stepping up in trip, then onto Cheltenham.
 
I couldn't care less it's a 4 runner race. It's the clash we've all been waiting for and another 6 dross 2 milers aren't going to make the race any better.

Hoping EF wins emphatically and Nicky goes Ryanair. Thats the perfect outcome. That being said, imagine if there is a short head in it, we'd have one hell of a race to look forward to come march which would be more exciting IMO

Perfect outcome for those on big for EF I suppose.

For racing, the festival, and myself I will have your second option.
Would be better than the build up to last year’s race.
Lets hope it don’t end up like that!!

Correction…the year before last!!!
 
Last edited:
….El Fab boosted to 11/10 with 365 for anybody interested. My little e/w interest is Gentleman de Mee @ 40-1 365.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: HesTheOne
He's going to Thurles for the 21st, stepping up in trip, then onto Cheltenham.

Thanks,wouldn’t necessarily put me off giving the Trainer

He ran Zanahiyr over 3 miles last season before coming back to pick up the pieces in the Champion hurdle
 
Exchange Clarence House market seems to tell a tale
 
Looks like it, 365 suspended PP still up (but taken evasive action)