• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Champion Chase

Seriously folks. It's obvious they are going to call it off so why wait? Just do it now.

Will El Fabiolo be redirected to the Dublin Chase ?? He's currently best price 4/6 in that. He'd go off long odds on.
 
Do we know when EF would travel over?
I’m guessing he would be here already, but if he’s not and it’s called off before he travels,he may still run at Cheltenham next week?
If race is run there instead,as per last year
 
Do we know when EF would travel over?
I’m guessing he would be here already, but if he’s not and it’s called off before he travels,he may still run at Cheltenham next week?
If race is run there instead,as per last year

Was due to travel this afternoon. Clearly won't now though
 
Do we know when EF would travel over?
I’m guessing he would be here already, but if he’s not and it’s called off before he travels,he may still run at Cheltenham next week?
If race is run there instead,as per last year

Today he was meant to be travelling.

Connections said if called off they wouldn’t travel back over for the re-schedule so don’t think they have plans to hang around here in that case.
 
Looks to me like the Jockey Club have arranged this inspection so that El Fab won't travel today.
Hoping he will then come over next week instead.
Just guessing mind
 
Looks to me like the Jockey Club have arranged this inspection so that El Fab won't travel today.
Hoping he will then come over next week instead.
Just guessing mind

Funny you should say that, was thinking that 4 this pm was a strange time for an inspection.
Maybe his time of travel is just after that?
 
Fair decision I think. I live in London rather than Ascot, but it is so so cold. I went to cycle to work this morning and my bike slipped over before I even got on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Nicky Henderson doing a relief dance right now. Jonbon Ryanair roll ups in the bin then. Real shame, was looking forward to this clash big time.
 
If he hasn’t travelled I wonder if that will change things and he’ll still go to Cheltenham next week.

Extra weeks recovery/prep for the real thing.
 
Nicky Henderson doing a relief dance right now. Jonbon Ryanair roll ups in the bin then. Real shame, was looking forward to this clash big time.

Thought he said they were looking forward to the race?
Still might happen next week hopefully.
Ryanair was always desperate stuff from some, and never likely.
 
Thought he said they were looking forward to the race?
Still might happen next week hopefully.
Ryanair was always desperate stuff from some, and never likely.

Call it unlikely, sure, but it's certainly not desperate.
Will make EF steam rolling him in march all the more satisfying :devilish:
 
Call it unlikely, sure, but it's certainly not desperate.
Will make EF steam rolling him in march all the more satisfying :devilish:

Hahaha
To be honest Charlie, from what I’ve seen of J this season, I don’t think any horse is good enough to steam roller him.
But if I’m wrong I do accept that EF is the one that could, he is a serious animal for sure.
And if it were to happen I think it much more likely to be in March than before.
I expect EF to be at his best then, not so sure he will be right now.
 
Hahaha
To be honest Charlie, from what I’ve seen of J this season, I don’t think any horse is good enough to steam roller him.
But if I’m wrong I do accept that EF is the one that could, he is a serious animal for sure.
And if it were to happen I think it much more likely to be in March than before.
I expect EF to be at his best then, not so sure he will be right now.

Thats fair, may the best horse win
 
If he hasn’t travelled I wonder if that will change things and he’ll still go to Cheltenham next week.

Extra weeks recovery/prep for the real thing.

Ferry was 8.30pm tonight I believe out of Dublin.
 
Well this is a bitter fucking pill to swallow.

Should be waking up to Jonbon and El Fab on the front of the racing post but instead I've got Ryan Moores face staring back at me and a card at Lingfield ffs.

Oh well, at least the clash in March is on.
 
Well this is a bitter fucking pill to swallow.

Should be waking up to Jonbon and El Fab on the front of the racing post but instead I've got Ryan Moores face staring back at me and a card at Lingfield ffs.

Oh well, at least the clash in March is on.

And I should be on the train to Ascot:confusion:
Oh well, we still have plenty to look forward to
Good racing tomorrow Charlie
 
And I should be on the train to Ascot:confusion:
Oh well, we still have plenty to look forward to
Good racing tomorrow Charlie

Tis true CAT, we move on.
I suppose the plus side is it ramps up the anticipation for March even more
Yeh looking forward to tomorrow