• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Stayers Hurdle

Additional hint from Mullins that Klassical Dream will maybe go Chasing this season .

I wonder if the injury to The Nice Guy has forced his hand a bit... Rare that Mullins doesn't have an obvious candidate for the BANC. I suspect it possibly depends on how Appreciate It and James Du Berlais look after their injuries, aside from those two I'm struggling to think of what could be his horse for the race.
 
I know he has mentioned 2.5 but I'd be surprised if Minella Cocooner didn't enter his thinking
 
Common knowledge that I think he does have an obvious candidate. The same as last year. He hinted at it too in his latest stable tour. Just think everyone is too keen to ignore it as they've backed GDM for the NHC. Unfortunately it doesn't always work out the way we want with Willie. After TNG being ruled out, GDM's chances of running in the BANC have obviously increased and even after the news, Willie reiterated that Minella Cocooner might be suited to the mid trip. He also has other lower rated candidates that could quite easily step up to the NHC, Ramillies being one.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
A word of warning if anyone has backed - chat is Klassical could be going over fences.

Guess we'll find out in tomorrow's tour anyway...

I see willie has now confirmed this since they'll school him over fences, which is what he mentioned to me.

Think it would be well worth a go over Fences with him maybe even a Turners trip.

See how he schools I suppose...
 
  • Like
Reactions: Odin
I see willie has now confirmed this since they'll school him over fences, which is what he mentioned to me.

Think it would be well worth a go over Fences with him maybe even a Turners trip.

See how he schools I suppose...

He'd be interesting in the Turners no doubt.
 
Kilcruit has to be considered somewhere too, Mullins saying he's looking as good as ever schooling over fences and a bumper 2nd and supreme 3rd has to count for something?
 
Kilcruit has to be considered somewhere too, Mullins saying he's looking as good as ever schooling over fences and a bumper 2nd and supreme 3rd has to count for something?

He was very dissapointing last season

A lot to prove now, his handicap mark of 145 could be exploitable
 
Kilcruit has to be considered somewhere too, Mullins saying he's looking as good as ever schooling over fences and a bumper 2nd and supreme 3rd has to count for something?

Completely agree. I know it doesn't always work out but Willie has always banged on about him being a chaser. The only shame is the odds. If he were bigger, I'd chance him over the mid or 3m trip.
 
I couldn't have Kilcruit without seeing a vast improvement. Just looks one paced and didn't seem to like the step up in trip last year when he was tried at it. At 2m he will always find one or two that have too many gears for him.
 
It'd be nice to hear from Skelton how Langer Dan compares to Proschema after that ones impressive win today.
 
Think anyone interested in langer dan would be better backing him to win today then reassessing post race

If he's gonna be a stayers horse he really needs to be beating a horse like brewinupastorm even with the penalty
 
Cup final for Brewinupastorm, and with race conditions to suit. Be happy to see Langer win for my Stayers bet but won't be back him today.
 
Skelton's yard not exacting firing right now, so will be interesting to see how langer dan goes
 
Always needs a run to bring him on and no different today. You'll see a better horse I'm sure next time.

Agreed. Would have loved to see more of course but won't be cashing out on the back of that. Be hoping to see much better next time out but as you say, he usually runs a shocker first up.
 
Stable not firing as well, I'm tempted to back Langer next time out in the "win today and fez stayers" market

Good shout for those not already on.