• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Stayers Hurdle

Absolutely agree AL. Flooring is a freak. He's like Allaho but over Hurdles. He sets a searching gallop from the front, jumping brilliantly and just keeps it up. He then incredibly quickens again at the end of his races when everything else is done in.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AaronLad
I agree. I’ve belatedly got him onside. I’ve just been missing the blindingly obvious….. business as usual
 
A word of warning if anyone has backed - chat is Klassical could be going over fences.

Guess we'll find out in tomorrow's tour anyway...
 
A word of warning if anyone has backed - chat is Klassical could be going over fences.

Guess we'll find out in tomorrow's tour anyway...

Who's his Stayers horse now then?.......The Nice Guy, Minella Cocooner, Galliard du Mesnil, Appreciate it, Sir Gerhard............

Tomorrow is going to be Fun, Fun, Fun !
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
A word of warning if anyone has backed - chat is Klassical could be going over fences.

Guess we'll find out in tomorrow's tour anyway...

Just cashed a few of my bets, thanks for info whether it's right or wrong in the end.

Worried this means TNG becomes Stayers horse but will deal with that if the news arrives tomorrow...
 
Just cashed a few of my bets, thanks for info whether it's right or wrong in the end.

Worried this means TNG becomes Stayers horse but will deal with that if the news arrives tomorrow...

If the word that he is staying hurdling, i wouldnt expect him to shorten at all to be honest, so i'd say good call
 
  • Like
Reactions: Odin
Worried this means TNG becomes Stayers horse but will deal with that if the news arrives tomorrow...

That'd be bad for me too but I'm clinging to the statement Willie made last year, saying he was bought to be a chaser for the season ahead. If he waited another year to go chasing, he would be 9.
​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Odin
If the word that he is staying hurdling, i wouldnt expect him to shorten at all to be honest, so i'd say good call

He wouldn't stay at 20's , no way.
 
That'd be bad for me too but I'm clinging to the statement Willie made last year, saying he was bought to be a chaser for the season ahead. If he waited another year to go chasing, he would be 9.
​

May have schooled him and he was poor ?
 
He wouldn't stay at 20's , no way.

Maybe shortens to 16s, after finishing 5th this year and flooring porter being the price he is, surely he wont go that much shorter
 
Maybe shortens to 16s, after finishing 5th this year and flooring porter being the price he is, surely he wont go that much shorter

Soz, thought you meant TNG.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zachx02
May have schooled him and he was poor ?

Oh I know what you mean. A quote from last year won't mean much today and I have TWAR'd him recently as well but it'd be much better for a few multis of mine if he did go BANC.

I've not got heavily involved in Mullins bingo so far apart from him so I'm quite looking forward to reading the tour
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
Me too this year. Have TWAR all his Bumper horses and Novices from last season. Can't be arsed with Bingo
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ballyfitz
With The Nice Guy only 'likely' to miss the festival I do wonder whether he's going to do a Penhill, and turn up here without a run. Of course, it now makes sense to wait for NRNB, but once that comes about I'll be getting The Nice Guy onside for this race, provided a bookmaker will price him up.
 
  • Like
Reactions: isitmarchyet
Bob O confirmed back over hurdles and starting at 2m 4f then... Not sure there's all that much value in 10/1 but I guess this could look stupid in a few months time.
 
Just Had a load of entries through on my Racing T.v Tracker , including Paddy power gold cup - cheltenham.
Also has an entry for Might I in the Greatwood hurdle.
 
Bob O confirmed back over hurdles and starting at 2m 4f then... Not sure there's all that much value in 10/1 but I guess this could look stupid in a few months time.

Some bookies leave the odds up during the race so if he’s looking like putting up a serious performance back over the smaller obstacles then get on board.

Going to try and do the same through the winter months, as so many are just so short now.
 
With The Nice Guy only 'likely' to miss the festival I do wonder whether he's going to do a Penhill, and turn up here without a run. Of course, it now makes sense to wait for NRNB, but once that comes about I'll be getting The Nice Guy onside for this race, provided a bookmaker will price him up.

Looks much more definitive in the ATR tour, sadly:

Unfortunately, he’s been ruled out for the season as of a couple of days ago. He has a problem behind that is going to take a couple of months to come right, so we’ll give him his time and hope to see him back next season
 
Additional hint from Mullins that Klassical Dream will maybe go Chasing this season .