• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Novice Hurdlers

I thought it was decided after Facile has won the Supreme and Gaelic does the business in the Ballymore that Grangeclare West goes and dots up in the Spud race and makes many Fat Jockeys rich.

Case Solved

Bloody hope so!!

Doesn't work like sadly that though does it.
 
Yeah. He’s good too, especially with respect to tomorrow. With regards to the festival though surely the trainer factor comes into play. Willie, Gordon and Henry seemed to have pulled a long way clear in recent years, Out of interest, would you back Monbeg Park for the festival?

No, don’t think any of tomorrow’s field are up to scratch to be winning in March.
 
I’m going to put up Hiddenvalley Lake as one for the Albert Bartlett for the following reasons:

1) Would probably have won his point to point had he not been carried out at the last by a loose horse when 2 lengths clear.
2) Bought for ?200k, so clearly well regarded
3) Won on his novice hurdle debut against 22 other runners when Henry’s horses weren’t running well.
4) Entered up over 3m at Cork tomorrow
5) If he makes it to the festival with promise, will almost certainly have Rachel on board.
6) 25-1 seems a reasonable price based on the above.

He's my dark horse for the season as per the thread that was running somewhere on here, but I'm surprised he's going up to 3m tbh. I'm not convinced that trip will suit at this stage of his career, tbh.

It's only his second start over hurdles. I think today is more a fact finding mission. If he doesn't win it would still be early enough to run another twice for a h'cap mark, which ultimately is what I'm expecting now.
 
I want a ballymore bet as feel FV is the supreme horse.

This race has good value still as fav may not run...

That being said I'm still finding it hard to part with my hard earned cash.
 
No problem with that HdB horse finishing out his race. Arctic Bresil wins nicely on debut
 
Very good from Arctic Bresil there.

Mad keen early on too so suspect there is plenty more to come from him.

One of Henry's top novices this season then.

Supreme or Ballymore for sure. Mercurey is no mug.
 
Worth remembering Arctic Bresil was going to be de bromhead runner in the ptp bumper at gowran, so he is very highly rated
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
….bits of 16-1 Arctic Bresil (Bally) although Fred remained 33s for a bit after that win. 25-1 best price Supreme.
 
Well Monkfish won by 11 lengths roundabout this time in 2019 so I would imagine a lot of people would have latched on to him, right? Now Hiddenvalley Lake hasn’t done that yet but if had he wouldn’t be 25-1.

Last ten years average winning SP

Supreme - 7/1
Albert Bartlett - 16/1

Lobos was just making a light hearted comment that historically the AB has been a more competitive betting heat and ergo harder to pick the winner
 
Artic brasil. Would of liked to seen him against FV LTO, was pulled out for supposedly unsuitable ground..
 
As for Mercurey, I'd happily take him on most days. The bookies certainly knew he wasn't the one for today aswell.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
Moscow Flyer likely next race for Arctic Bresil. Said he's asleep at home so surprised he was keen. Plenty of pace so stick to 2m for the time being.
 
Really good from Hiddenvalley Lake.

Even as my dark horse for the season, I wasn't expecting that over 3m. Glad I'm on for any race but a massive well done to those who got on for the Bartlett :applause:
 
  • Like
Reactions: JamieSensible
I’m going to put up Hiddenvalley Lake as one for the Albert Bartlett for the following reasons:

1) Would probably have won his point to point had he not been carried out at the last by a loose horse when 2 lengths clear.
2) Bought for ?200k, so clearly well regarded
3) Won on his novice hurdle debut against 22 other runners when Henry’s horses weren’t running well.
4) Entered up over 3m at Cork tomorrow
5) If he makes it to the festival with promise, will almost certainly have Rachel on board.
6) 25-1 seems a reasonable price based on the above.

Well, I’m pleased with that