• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Novice Hurdlers

Good debut from Marine that. Liked how the jockey took his time but the last four hurdles he really attacked and took them well.
if he can settle better he looks handy.
 
….still 20-1 available Supreme/Ballymore Marine National. 12-1 a/r Hills remains.
 
Did that well, don't see much need to up the trip in my mind looks a light scope 2 mile 5 up the Cheltenham hill may take away that speed when needed, I suppose Barry will wait and see where the big hitters go.
 
With the second fav running below par (yet another of Gordon's) you'd have to think he would only have needed to run to a rating of early 120's to win that easily! Very poor race indeed. But I really think this horse has a bit of the x factor about him. Hoping he can go right to the top... glad to have him onside and connections well overdue a good one.
 
With the second fav running below par (yet another of Gordon's) you'd have to think he would only have needed to run to a rating of early 120's to win that easily! Very poor race indeed. But I really think this horse has a bit of the x factor about him. Hoping he can go right to the top... glad to have him onside and connections well overdue a good one.

I agree with the sentiments regarding Gordan having another below par runner, something not right in my opinion at the minute. Let's see how Galvin gets on later on, if he flops ill be giving him a wide birth for a little while.
 
With the second fav running below par (yet another of Gordon's) you'd have to think he would only have needed to run to a rating of early 120's to win that easily! Very poor race indeed. But I really think this horse has a bit of the x factor about him. Hoping he can go right to the top... glad to have him onside and connections well overdue a good one.

Actually thought Santonito ran a decent race. Always going a stride too quick for him but kept on really well and jumped perfectly adequately.Blatantly needs further and probably softer ground. Winner did it really well and looks a decent animal. Not sure he'd want to go further than 2 miles and doubt he'll appreciate winter ground which is why he's out early I assume. Wouldn't be surprised if he took in some flat races as well.
 
Actually thought Santonito ran a decent race. Always going a stride too quick for him but kept on really well and jumped perfectly adequately.Blatantly needs further and probably softer ground. Winner did it really well and looks a decent animal. Not sure he'd want to go further than 2 miles and doubt he'll appreciate winter ground which is why he's out early I assume. Wouldn't be surprised if he took in some flat races as well.

Agreed Lobos. Had him in the tracker for the Albert Bartlett and nothing about that run would put me off.
 
The first of about 50 hard held maiden hurdle winners in the next 2 months

not gonna get giddy and part with money at this stage

100%. I’ve been guilty in the past and learnt the hard way. The season doesn’t start until Willie says so.
 
Twitter folk went abit mental alright, suppose reflects the appetite for things to kick off properly
 
I believe one of the let's talk racing lads dubbed it my mate mozzie syndrome

I started the My Mate Mozzie fan club on here so that was my crime from last season :welcoming:

Although Let’s Talk Racing I could not care for their view. They are just a mouthpiece and playing the followers game on Twitter. For the casual punter they serve a purpose but Josh especially wouldn’t be amongst the top 20 contributors on here.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
Twitter folk went abit mental alright, suppose reflects the appetite for things to kick off properly

I bet the aeroplane and rocket emoji was plastered everywhere along with ‘on at 50/1’!
 
I started the My Mate Mozzie fan club on here so that was my crime from last season :welcoming:

Although Let’s Talk Racing I could not care for their view. They are just a mouthpiece and playing the followers game on Twitter. For the casual punter they serve a purpose but Josh especially wouldn’t be amongst the top 20 contributors on here.

For sure

It's just harmless entertainment
 
For sure

It's just harmless entertainment

I have to say I don’t even find it that entertaining. They force too many videos out and end up with at least 3 previews for every race in the couple of months leading up to the festival. But they both have aspirations of being in racing media so I can’t begrudge them for their method, even if it’s not to my taste. ABW I really like as he can put a proper case forward for a horse and knows his form. Josh just feeds off second hand information and can’t even pronounce the names correctly. The most frustrating thing is that they seem to move markets!

Right that’s enough of being a mardy bugger like Quevega for the day.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Fouroverthrutwo