• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2021 Arkle Novices Chase

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
I wouldnt read too much into it. Remember at the start of the season he said he’d only seen two other horses like him on the gallops

Haha yeah, a good point.
 
The 40/1 about Darver Star NRNB BOG is a fair enough price?


Obviously looks a bit exposed now, poor performance last time out.


Does have a 4L 2nd in the Grade 1 at Christmas behind Franco De Port which is not great form.


A third in a Champion Hurdle does somewhat prove he handles the festival though.

What is his likely SP going to be? Could be less than 8 runners?


I think his without price is 16/1 NRNB



I've personally cashed him at 33s but just having another look at 40s wondering if he's worth covering:indecisiveness:
 
Probably reading too much into it, but it doesn't strike me as bullish, especially when reading some of his other exerts about other horses....

I think Henderson has found it difficult this season, he doesnt have many big guns and his middle tier has been non-existent

He could be holding back. If his yard was flying then I'd expect to hear bullish comments. I think his confidence has been hit and he doesnt want over egg his chances of winning the Arkle
 
The 40/1 about Darver Star NRNB BOG is a fair enough price?


Obviously looks a bit exposed now, poor performance last time out.


Does have a 4L 2nd in the Grade 1 at Christmas behind Franco De Port which is not great form.


A third in a Champion Hurdle does somewhat prove he handles the festival though.

What is his likely SP going to be? Could be less than 8 runners?


I think his without price is 16/1 NRNB



I've personally cashed him at 33s but just having another look at 40s wondering if he's worth covering:indecisiveness:

They should give the Marsh a go. He has looked for some time that he would improve for a step up. Don't know why they seem so against it when they mentioned it before the season started. Would need a lot more to go right for him to win the Arkle than the Marsh IMO
 
They should give the Marsh a go. He has looked for some time that he would improve for a step up. Don't know why they seem so against it when they mentioned it before the season started. Would need a lot more to go right for him to win the Arkle than the Marsh IMO

Have said I think he'll run in the Marsh for literally 11 months, so I can definitely see that, I'm already on though :eek-new:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Hurdles or chasing
You'd think Darver Star has a better chance of placing in the March than the Arkle. Connections had talked about stepping up in trip this season and never did it, but now it feels as though they have nothing to lose, unless they skip the Festival altogether.
 
Going off what Simon claisse has just said about the likely ground come the first day,then I can’t believe you can get evens for Shiskin!! Surely this is a massive positive for him and a negative for energemene!? Sure Mullins said softer the better for him!
 
Going off what Simon claisse has just said about the likely ground come the first day,then I can’t believe you can get evens for Shiskin!! Surely this is a massive positive for him and a negative for energemene!? Sure Mullins said softer the better for him!

Proper fresh, new, untouched, good to soft, just about the best ground you'll get anywhere at any time of the year....
 
Might need to watch all Shishkin's runs back to create a bit of recency bias in my head.... as at the moment I have noooo love for him.:highly_amused:
 
Might need to watch all Shishkin's runs back to create a bit of recency bias in my head.... as at the moment I have noooo love for him.:highly_amused:

And watch Tamarac Du Mathan from last weekend and remember how much he got hammered :loyal:
 
  • Like
Reactions: DeeBee
Going off what Simon claisse has just said about the likely ground come the first day,then I can’t believe you can get evens for Shiskin!! Surely this is a massive positive for him and a negative for energemene!? Sure Mullins said softer the better for him!

All I think about each day there’s no rain is Shiskin making strides to the line!
 
  • Like
Reactions: 7barrows
All I think about each day there’s no rain is Shiskin making strides to the line!

I check the weather forecast for this sole reason, glad its not just me! It is certainly an advantage for Shish IMO.