Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2022 Arkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charlie View Post

I agree. I genuinely think the gap between the UK and Ireland would be closed if more courage was taken by British based trainers. Whilst caution and patience are assets in seeing the bigger picture, they are also perfect things to hide behind. I just don't see him as a CH horse.
    It's a worse decision when you consider the uk based novice chasers this season are shite, especially over the minimum.
    He'd have a far more gentler time of things novice chasing than hurtling round Newcastle chasing Epatante and co.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post
      Talking about the Tingle Creek has got me annoyed with Paul Nicholls.
      It's like he's forgot that he is the master of young chasers, and since 1999, only four 5 year olds have won the tingle creek, and he trained them all.
      And he's piss balling about with Monmiral, who looks born to be jumping fences.
      It's like he's forgotten where his mouth and arse are positioned.
      He'd be a novice though and would more likely go to the Edward VII. But the point about going chasing remains and is a good one.

You can only assume that Nicholls thinks he needs another year to fill out. Whilst I question his lack of willingness to take horses to the Festival, I do think he knows how to look after embryonic chasers.
      Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more I sweat, the luckier I get.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spectre View Post

He'd be a novice though and would more likely go to the Edward VII. But the point about going chasing remains and is a good one.

You can only assume that Nicholls thinks he needs another year to fill out. Whilst I question his lack of willingness to take horses to the Festival, I do think he knows how to look after embryonic chasers.
        He'd be a five year old for next years tingle creek, I was obviously not talking about this season's renewal.
        And he wouldn't be a novice for the 2022 renewal if chasing this season.

Fill Out ??? - Hollow horses don't win Champion hurdles, and struggle to compete at open grade 1 level.
        Chasing prize money and squeezing more like it.

He knew more a few years back, and the track record proves it.

Comment

• Barring Sharjah and Stormy Ireland, Willies Morgiana entries could all improve, and there are lots of them. Whilst I'm not one to read too much into Willie block entering there, he does have lots of potential CH to go to war with. I cant remember a year (although I'm sure there is one) where Willies main Champion Hurdle hope hasn't run in the Morgiana, or at least been entered. Given Ferny isn't entered at all, I think its a strong indication that this will be there target. They have intimated it, but this for me is a positive sign, as is PP and Betfair going 8 from 12 in recent weeks. I also keep forgetting Ferny is 6 and not 5, so will be 7 next year, and he's bred to be a chaser. His sire won this race although I won't mention his name cause thats just straight up filth to those that backed CF. I think Willie will enter FH at Navan in a beginners chase over 2m imminently.

Comment

• That more than pleasing from Third Time Lucki, especially as I thought he'd need the run today

Comment

• Not sure you could ask for much more on chasing debut than that from Third Time Lucki.

Comment

• Would be nice to have at least 1 or 2 GB horses to talk about for this race
                Whether they'll be good enough come March is another thing

Comment

• Wouldn't be rushing to back him, but great debut that against some decent opposition

Comment

• Could turn into this year's top GB hope for the Arkle. That's done for his handicap mark anyhow. At least its the first marker for the Arkle. Not to get too excited this early in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish Rugby View Post
                      Could turn into this year's top GB hope for the Arkle. That's done for his handicap mark anyhow. At least its the first marker for the Arkle. Not to get too excited this early in the season.
                      He was really good and hard not to be impressed. Looks a graded horse, rather than a handicapper on that showing

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post
                        Wouldn't be rushing to back him, but great debut that against some decent opposition
                        Agree. Entitled to win that based on his hurdle rating but jumped super for first time up. Much tougher races to come though. My biggest bet of the day on him so very happy whatever.

Comment

• could have won the Grand Annual head in chest off 143 , can finish 5th in the Arkle now , they don't make life easy for themselves English trainers

Comment

• Originally posted by Zachx02 View Post
                            Wouldn't be rushing to back him, but great debut that against some decent opposition
                            both the 2nd and 3rd fav ran no sort of race so the form is worth very little

But he did jump well and was very keen so should prefer a stronger pace in better races

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                              Barring Sharjah and Stormy Ireland, Willies Morgiana entries could all improve, and there are lots of them. Whilst I'm not one to read too much into Willie block entering there, he does have lots of potential CH to go to war with. I cant remember a year (although I'm sure there is one) where Willies main Champion Hurdle hope hasn't run in the Morgiana, or at least been entered. Given Ferny isn't entered at all, I think its a strong indication that this will be there target. They have intimated it, but this for me is a positive sign, as is PP and Betfair going 8 from 12 in recent weeks. I also keep forgetting Ferny is 6 and not 5, so will be 7 next year, and he's bred to be a chaser. His sire won this race although I won't mention his name cause thats just straight up filth to those that backed CF. I think Willie will enter FH at Navan in a beginners chase over 2m imminently.
                              Ferny bumper form taken a boost with Third Time Lucki there too

Comment

• Originally posted by The Fellow View Post
                                could have won the Grand Annual head in chest off 143 , can finish 5th in the Arkle now , they don't make life easy for themselves English trainers
                                He didn't have a chase rating, the 143 was his hurdles mark.

Comment

Working...
                                X