Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gordon just said on ATR when asked about Shattered Love.
    She's hard to place so it'll be grade ones
    and when asked if she's aimed at Gold cup, he said
    Definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Gordon just said on ATR when asked about Shattered Love.
      She's hard to place so it'll be grade ones
      and when asked if she's aimed at Gold cup, he said
      Definitely.
      There is a danger we all get taken in by the early season excitement/ambition connections share with us.
      Happy to be shot down and proved wrong over time but Shattered Love has never struck me as a Gold Cup horse unless Giggs plan doing what they do with all big the Irish staying chases and let half a dozen take their chance.

Whatever trainers/owners say when a microphone is shoved under their noses I generally ignore, they are all busy hatching plans that give their horses the best chance of seasons success, declaring honest intentions/strategies in November can only hinder these plans....

Comment

I've said it before but it bears repeating. The way that the graded open chases are structured in Ireland in the first half of the season means that, by and large, 2m4f and 3m horses have much the same programme. The only 3m graded chases before the end of the year are the Down Royal race just run and the Christmas Chase at Leopardstown. At a shorter distance you have the Clonmel Chase (2m5f) on 15th November and the John Durkan (2m4f) at Punchestown on 9 December.
        Essentially, most of the potential Ryanair and Gold Cup horses will be going in at least one of those races but not necessarily at the same distance.

Comment

Is there any way I can add douvan back to the exchange market for This? Or do I have to wait for entries. I'm happy to take my chances at 100.0

i'm really not buying that he's out, wouldn't be at all surprised if he still gets an entry here. And goes back in the market before a miraculous recovery.
          Last edited by Scooby91; 18 November 2018, 10:13 PM.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

He hasn't run since January 2017 and has had his problems, but he's back and in good form. He's entered for the John Durkan Chase at Punchestown next month and the likelihood is that we'll concentrate on races at around 2m4f. At one stage of his career we thought he would be an out-and-out stayer, but his biggest win was in the JLT Novices' Chase in 2016. If he stays right and things go well he could be a Ryanair Chase contender.

Black Hercules

Comment

Had hoped they would try and go for the GC if he came back this year

Comment

Backed min 12/1 with 365 cash out available. Impending entries. Ryanair would be an easy enough race for him to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  Backed min 12/1 with 365 cash out available. Impending entries. Ryanair would be an easy enough race for him to win.
                  I've been on the brink of doing that for ages.

In fact I am going to - I think he'll end up here anyway.

For the 3rd year in a row I might chance Black Hercules in the Ryanair too at 44/1

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    I've been on the brink of doing that for ages.

In fact I am going to - I think he'll end up here anyway.

For the 3rd year in a row I might chance Black Hercules in the Ryanair too at 44/1
                    A big Wylie Thursday double, Voix Du Reve & Black Hercules

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      A big Wylie Thursday double, Voix Du Reve & Black Hercules
                      Yorkhill to win the Brown Advisory plate and Shaneshill wins the Stayers

Comment

Yorkhill to win the Brown Advisory plate and Shaneshill wins the Stayers
                        What could go wrong

Comment

I've made two quite long posts previously about Min in this thread that've had absolutely no traction at all, so I won't bore you all with a 3rd ... but I have backed him tonight for this race. The trigger point was his entries...

2m5f John Durkan in Ireland and the 2m4f 1965 Chase at Ascot. No entries at two miles?

Fallen down the pecking order as a 2mile chaser (Footpad, Great Field, Douvan were/are all ahead - rightly so?)

He has no chance of reversing form with Altior whatsoever so why go for a QMCC again?

Ruby has mentioned about him stepping up in trip a few times and UDS has had his days in the sun at Chelt (ground permitting). What else would he ride? Yorkhill/Black Hercules - Min has better chase form than either.

The Ryanair will be easier to win than the Champion Chase - I don't buy the Ryanair being strong case at all, it's going to be full of horses like Min that aren't good enough to win QMCC or Monalee's that aren't good enough to win Gold Cups. (and come on, people are talking about Frodon for it again, and Rather Be... pffffttt

You would have to consider Politilogue too on his run with Min at Aintree - Min didn't settle that day but Politilogue doesn't look like he is going to be in any 2 mile races (pulled out of the Schloer?) and isn't a Gold Cup horse any day of the week... Beaten by Waiting Patiently giving 3lbs but only beaten 1.25L? 20/1?
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 November 2018, 10:06 PM.

Comment

I've made two quite long posts previously about Min in this thread that've had absolutely no traction at all, so I won't bore you all with a 3rd ... but I have backed him tonight for this race. The trigger point was his entries...

2m5f John Durkan in Ireland and the 2m4f 1965 Chase at Ascot. No entries at two miles?

Fallen down the pecking order as a 2mile chaser (Footpad, Great Field, Douvan were/are all ahead - rightly so?)

He has no chance of reversing form with Altior whatsoever so why go for a QMCC again?

Ruby has mentioned about him stepping up in trip a few times and UDS has had his days in the sun at Chelt (ground permitting). What else would he ride? Yorkhill/Black Hercules - Min has better chase form than either.

The Ryanair will be easier to win than the Champion Chase - I don't buy the Ryanair being strong case at all, it's going to be full of horses like Min that aren't good enough to win QMCC or Monalee's that aren't good enough to win Gold Cups. (and come on, people are talking about Frodon for it again, and Rather Be... pffffttt

You would have to consider Politilogue too on his run with Min at Aintree - Min didn't settle that day but Politilogue doesn't look like he is going to be in any 2 mile races (pulled out of the Schloer?) and isn't a Gold Cup horse any day of the week... Beaten by Waiting Patiently giving 3lbs but only beaten 1.25L? 20/1?
                            Iv only 2 of interest for this.

Min (who I backed and saw the entries earlier )

Top notch who's going for the Peterborough chase, then he will be tried over 3m. (hence iv backed him for the gold cup at silly prices) should he end up back here. I'd have a few quid on him EW at a decent price nrnb. I personally rate him.

Comment

I think it's pretty likely min will run at ascot on Sat as Alboum photo is lined up for the durkan
                              He maybe a little fresh but he should win this or at worst go very close with improvement to come. And likely go short enough for the Ryanair once people catch on.
                              I was thinking of waiting for nrnb and 7s would have been very fair. But more than happy with the 12s and cash out

Comment

You have both persuaded me - he could win but would expect there to be something better.

Comment

Working...
                                X