Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Shattered Love has been clipped for the Betfair Chase. How she shapes will probably impact her campaign and targets
    she's entered at ascot as well. although paddys got her at 10s

Comment

Elliot has always wanted softer ground for the mare, perhaps that could be a worry!

Whilst on ratings Min is the standout for this division, it won't matter a monkeys if he doesn't finish off his race.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
        Elliot has always wanted softer ground for the mare, perhaps that could be a worry!

Whilst on ratings Min is the standout for this division, it won't matter a monkeys if he doesn't finish off his race.
        He was beat a nose coming back at the line. Afyer running a cracker in the champion chase shortly before. they thought they'd let him take a chance at Aintree never a long term plan like this would be.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Up to that trip he was keen enough early on and I think we were probably outstayed in the end, but he's run his race and I'm just disappointed at being runner-up on him again - Paul Townend, jockey.

Perhap it looked taht way but Townend who rode him thinks he was being outstayed. He has a real tendency of being keen, which lost him a race over 2m1 vs Simply Ned......

Just my view, but 2 miles is what Min wants. They may try and change his training to make him more effective over this trip, or perhaps even try a change of tactics...but as things stand i'd take him on in March + i'd say him on this Saturday.

At the price, he's worth a go if you like to create a book ofc- i am just talking about the winning of the race.

Comment

Up to that trip he was keen enough early on and I think we were probably outstayed in the end, but he's run his race and I'm just disappointed at being runner-up on him again - Paul Townend, jockey.

Perhap it looked taht way but Townend who rode him thinks he was being outstayed. He has a real tendency of being keen, which lost him a race over 2m1 vs Simply Ned......

Just my view, but 2 miles is what Min wants. They may try and change his training to make him more effective over this trip, or perhaps even try a change of tactics...but as things stand i'd take him on in March + i'd say him on this Saturday.

At the price, he's worth a go if you like to create a book ofc- i am just talking about the winning of the race.

I respect your opinion.
            I'll be making no book personally, and very much talking about the winning of the race.
            min win only for me.

Comment

I think this race is ideal for Monalee. Will outstay Min up the hill. Not a fan of Min, bit of a bridle merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                Still think Shattered Love will go here... Cant have a flat bred winning the Gold Cup!
                For me too CCM. Her & Monalee my only plays so far, but minimal amounts as it is a race I never seem to get a grasp on.

Comment

I still get the feeling HDB sees Monalee as a 3miler, he said it in the RP...i would agree with you guys and perhaps he will still end up here!

Comment

I still get the feeling HDB sees Monalee as a 3miler, he said it in the RP...i would agree with you guys and perhaps he will still end up here!
                    See, I would agree with HDB, but the form tells an interesting story

Monalee over obstacles

>3m - 122113
                    3m & < - 114F2F

I think perhaps he maybe ins't very consistent which is exacerbated over longer, but I wouldn't write him off at a longer trip

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
                      See, I would agree with HDB, but the form tells an interesting story

Monalee over obstacles

>3m - 122113
                      3m & < - 114F2F

I think perhaps he maybe ins't very consistent which is exacerbated over longer, but I wouldn't write him off at a longer trip
                      Monalee didn't do much wrong last year in the RSA, he just ran into a real good horse. I always get the feeling he's likely to find 1 to good in major races. However, I do like him for this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                        Monalee didn't do much wrong last year in the RSA, he just ran into a real good horse. I always get the feeling he's likely to find 1 to good in major races. However, I do like him for this race.
                        Concur, I was on him, and he ran a cracker. Percy was just too damn good

Comment

• I've said this before but....

Monalee's best chase RPR was achieved over 3m (twice).
                          His sire (Milan) also sired a Grand National winner.
                          His dam-side breeding is packed with stamina.
                          His owners think he stays 3m.
                          His trainer thinks he stays 3m.

Comment

• I think we can safely say min dosent go to ascot via PP

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                              I've said this before but....

Monalee's best chase RPR was achieved over 3m (twice).
                              His sire (Milan) also sired a Grand National winner.
                              His dam-side breeding is packed with stamina.
                              His owners think he stays 3m.
                              His trainer thinks he stays 3m.
                              40/1 with Bet365 for a second season chaser (in longer race)

Comment

• Monalee was keen in the RSA. Stays 3m but not a Gold Cup horse.

Comment

Working...
                                X