Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mayo View Post
    You have both persuaded me - he could win but would expect there to be something better.
    Would be hard to find one better that won't be going for gold .
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Min does have a habit of finding one too good come the spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
        That he does, that's my problem with him. I backed him for the QMCC last year on the basis he'd the perfect prep compared to Douvan & Alitor, I was counting my money to be honest, I think Min is soft.

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
          Against Altior. Then beat a nose in the afterthought of aintree

Comment

The way Min travels i can't see him winning a Ryanair...it will be some training performance..

Comment

Will Min truly stay 2m5f around Cheltenham? I've come close to backing him a few times, but I just can't see him quite getting home against some battle hardened stayers. His running style is quite exuberant and he is still prone to running a bit keen.

Decent ew play though but I would want a bit bigger to get involved myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                The way Min travels i can't see him winning a Ryanair...it will be some training performance..
                The Ryanair hasn't taken much winning the last few years to be fair, a lot of the 2nds in it have been grade 2 horses, Min is definitely a G1 horse all be it not a standout one. 12/1 would be a good price if he turns up here though. I think it would want to be a weak field for him to win though, I don't think it would take much of a horse to beat him. I think Politalogue at 20/1 seems a better price I could see him out battling Min at Ascot going for the KG (not sure if he has an entry) getting stuffed and coming back for this like so many past winners.

Comment

Rather have Monalee at the same price.

Comment

Still think Shattered Love will go here... Cant have a flat bred winning the Gold Cup!

Comment

Originally posted by boopa View Post
                      Rather have Monalee at the same price.

Based on?

(I've backed Monalee already if you read the thread...)

But Monalee isn't a classier horse and his target isn't certain yet.

Comment

CCM, i would like her as well- but she might go to the GC if improving enough in her next starts.

I would presume WPM would be confident enough Min would see it out well if sending him there, as he was with UDS, and i wasn't initially convinced there either! If Min runs on Saturday i would probably take him on as i don't think they'll go fast enough for him first time out fresh.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                          CCM, i would like her as well- but she might go to the GC if improving enough in her next starts.

I would presume WPM would be confident enough Min would see it out well if sending him there, as he was with UDS, and i wasn't initially convinced there either! If Min runs on Saturday i would probably take him on as i don't think they'll go fast enough for him first time out fresh.
                          Yes its certainly a worry Jack... Balko des Flos going for a repeat victory is also a worry, as they could well decide to have two bullets for the GC instead of the Ryanair.

But she just doesnt strike me as the type you need to win a GC... its all about that last couple of furlongs up the hill.

But I've got the cash out option as back up at least.

Comment

Shattered Love has been clipped for the Betfair Chase. How she shapes will probably impact her campaign and targets

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Based on?

(I've backed Monalee already if you read the thread...)

But Monalee isn't a classier horse and his target isn't certain yet.
                              Mins the best horse in the race. Bar possibly footpad who's a very unlikely runner.
                              If anything puts on a huge performance over 2m4+ they'll go for gold, Might be the only chance they get.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Shattered Love has been clipped for the Betfair Chase. How she shapes will probably impact her campaign and targets
                                100% Kev. This race makes perfect sense Id say. She's race fit... why not see how she fares over 3m against the GC big boys. If she wins this I will certainly be cashing out!

Comment

Working...
                                X