Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cashed out an ew trixie on Mt Leinster at 40/1, Laurina at 14/1 and Santini at 9/1 on the basis I think Mt Leinster is nowhere near good enough.

That could finish me off!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      I cashed out an ew trixie on Mt Leinster at 40/1, Laurina at 14/1 and Santini at 9/1 on the basis I think Mt Leinster is nowhere near good enough.

I've cashed out a similar one too, but not Santini, I had Annamix in, cashed out mostly because of Mt Leinster too!

Comment

Yes as great as cash out is, Ive no doubt it will bite me on the arse at some point too! Actively trying to forget the ones Ive cashed out and have purposely deleted them from my records!
        Keep hovering over the cash out on my Energumene bet, given I think he may be a figment of our collective imagination

Comment

• Haha, yeah exactly the same here robith. If he doesn't run at the DRF... in the words of Duncan Bannatyne... I'm oot.

Comment

• "We entered Angels Breath at Ascot on Saturday as well, but we only put him in to try and scare them away in that race for Downtown Getaway and Before Midnight - who will both probably run."

Learning a few things from mullins.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              "We entered Angels Breath at Ascot on Saturday as well, but we only put him in to try and scare them away in that race for Downtown Getaway and Before Midnight - who will both probably run."

Was that the 2m 5f race?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Was that the 2m 5f race?
                Yes. ........
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Yes. ........
                  Many thanks.

Comment

• I reckon it’ll be Mister Fisher v Thomas Darby round 2 at Haydock on Saturday - Richard Johnson’s declared to ride Robinsfirth in the Peter Marsh at Haydock so you’d think if Thomas Darby runs anywhere this week it’ll be there to maintain the connection!

Comment

I cashed out an ew trixie on Mt Leinster at 40/1, Laurina at 14/1 and Santini at 9/1 on the basis I think Mt Leinster is nowhere near good enough.

I wouldn’t of cashed out nice double at the prices who cares about the treble! Trebles a bonus e/w also def not

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkle View Post
                        I wouldn’t of cashed out nice double at the prices who cares about the treble! Trebles a bonus e/w also def not
                        I actually got double for the cash out than I would have done for Laurina and Santini both placing... thats why I took it. I dont really see Laurina winning tbh.

Comment

• Not a fan of cash out just gives the bookies another edge if I’m on at decent prices and let it ride anything can happen malone road envoi Allen apparently not going so don’t really know the players as usual in the bumper and if buveur was to get injured could be sitting on the fav at 14/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkle View Post
                            Not a fan of cash out just gives the bookies another edge if I’m on at decent prices and let it ride anything can happen malone road envoi Allen apparently not going so don’t really know the players as usual in the bumper and if buveur was to get injured could be sitting on the fav at 14/1
                            I never cash out normally, and totally agree its in the bookies favour...but for antepost its completely different for me. Its easy to go off horses months later and if I hadnt had the facility this year, my position would be looking much worse.

I have plenty on Laurina in singles at 14/1 still.

Comment

• Cash out isn't just and edge for the bookies. Anytime you have more choice and options gives the punter the edge also.
                              You'll just win some and lose some as you learn to use the facility.
                              The edge the bookie has is they can take it off you pretty much whenever they like, especially if you get good (profitable) at it.
                              But I understand that some would not want the carrot offered, but in this case it's how you cope with the psychological aspect.

One really simple tactic with cash out I use quite a bit and I'm sure many others do the same.
                              If you want to place a life changing yankee with B365,
                              ALWAYS split the bet into doubles, trebles and a fourtimer.
                              This makes three bets, all of which will offer cash out options, after each race has been run.
                              Can't remember many time's when that didn;t work out for me, and I don't use betfair to lay them either.

Comment

"We entered Angels Breath at Ascot on Saturday as well, but we only put him in to try and scare them away in that race for Downtown Getaway and Before Midnight - who will both probably run."

Can you imagine the outcry if it was actually Mullins that flipped AB and Mr.Fisher about?

Comment

Working...
                                X