• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

this week's entries

FTF route? 2m4f bumper then skip hurdles ... maybe not.

Nothing would surprise me with Willie.

Drop A Threat in at Down Royal over 2m1f and at Leopardstown over 2m4f.
Edit Leaky Cauldron in at Down Royal over 2m1f and at Leopardstown over 2m4f.

Willie does seem to be light in the 2m Leopardstown bumper on 26th though.
 
Last edited:
Nothing would surprise me with Willie.

Drop A Threat in at Down Royal over 2m1f and at Leopardstown over 2m4f.
Leaky Cauldron only at Leopardstown over 2m4f.

Willie does seem to be light in the 2m Leopardstown bumper on 26th though.

Leaky Cauldron to follow the Carefully Selected path then. By the same sire too.
 
Nothing would surprise me with Willie.

Drop A Threat in at Down Royal over 2m1f and at Leopardstown over 2m4f.
Leaky Cauldron only at Leopardstown over 2m4f.

Willie does seem to be light in the 2m Leopardstown bumper on 26th though.

Leaky Cauldron is in at Down Royal too on 26th.They'll split I imagine.
 
Wade Out is declared in the 13.02 at Lingfield over 2m on Wednesday. I wasn't expecting him to race at 2m much this season but this is his third race at the trip, despite finishing second last time out at Ascot. I can't see him being a long-term player at this trip which has now made me consider handicaps for him. This would be his third run which gives time to fit in two more before a tilt at something later in the season. I'd always expected him to be running over 2m4f minimum so it could bring in something like the Martin Pipe or Coral Cup.

https://www.fatjockey.com/forum/fat...kie-moon-horses-to-follow?p=465767#post465767

Wade Out gets the job done in a farcical race. He again got done for toe before staying on strongly to take the victory. He'll definitely be up in trip at some point but whether that is up in grade or in a handicap, I've no idea.
 
Lisnamult lad is one of only two Irish entries in the new years day handicap chase at Cheltenham, and probably the only runner as the other entry is seddon who only ran a few days ago.

He held entries at leopardstown over Xmas but not anymore so looks like this race is the plan, has been cut into a general 6-7/1 but still 14/1 standout price with unibet.
 
Still no sign of Jeroboam Machin :apologetic:

Definitely more going on with that horse than we know of...
He wasn't even featured in Emmetts tour, being one of his most promising horses, that tells you all you need to know.
 
Definitely more going on with that horse than we know of...
He wasn't even featured in Emmetts tour, being one of his most promising horses, that tells you all you need to know.

I'm pretty sure I heard a rumour that he died months ago, haven't heard anything since though.
 
I'm pretty sure I heard a rumour that he died months ago, haven't heard anything since though.

I posted a few weeks ago , J. Machin was one of Emma Nagle's 5 to follow . surely she would know of the Horses wellbeing ??.
 
I posted a few weeks ago , J. Machin was one of Emma Nagle's 5 to follow . surely she would know of the Horses wellbeing ??.

You'd think she might have checked on the horses wellbeing first before including him, but couldn't be certain. I can't remember the source of the rumour of him dying either though so it may have just been nonsense.
 
Spent about a week trying to find out whats going on with JM and couldnt even get the door to budge so gave up as works really manic till Jan now.
 
Port Joulain entered in the 5yo+ maiden on 29th at Leopardstown. The race Ballyburn won last year. Good news regarding his health at least. Being entered again so quickly implies it was a very minor tweak.
 
Port Joulain entered in the 5yo+ maiden on 29th at Leopardstown. The race Ballyburn won last year. Good news regarding his health at least. Being entered again so quickly implies it was a very minor tweak.

Ruby said he just had a very small cut after striking into himself. Glad he is out early enough again. Had a decent enough gallop to be more tuned up now. I'd be expecting a big run
 
No big surprises on the entries for the last 2 days

All the horses in the 4yo 2m race are in the 4yo 2m4, with the addition of Sermandzarak so that will be a test for any going there on seasonal debut.

QDB, HCH, Waterford Whispers, Shannon Royale, Chapeau De Soleil, Champ Kiely all in the 2m5 beginners

Final Demand in the 2m and 2m5 maidens down at Limerick

All the big guns stand their ground in the Faugheen

The one I'm most interested from todays entries is July Flower

3rd when last seen in the French Champion Hurdle to Losange Bleu and Hewick, she's been mixing it in Graded Company over in FR and has since came back to Henry after he had her for just the 1 run in an Aintree Bumper.

I've taken some on her on Betfair for the Mares Hurdle at decent prices, we all know Henry is top class when training these Mares, and currently, bar Brighterdaysahead, there isn't anything outstanding behind her that we've seen.
 
Port Joulain entered in the 5yo+ maiden on 29th at Leopardstown. The race Ballyburn won last year. Good news regarding his health at least. Being entered again so quickly implies it was a very minor tweak.

Not to be too pedantic but it was Jade De Grugy that won this race mate, Ballyburns was 29th, so tomorrows entries.

Edit - I only remember as I went back in on Jade when they pushed her to 50/1 so was waiting on her debut!

Ignore me mate was looking at the 28th haha and you mentioned the 29th!
 
Last edited:
Not to be too pedantic but it was Jade De Grugy that won this race mate, Ballyburns was 29th, so tomorrows entries.

Edit - I only remember as I went back in on Jade when they pushed her to 50/1 so was waiting on her debut!

I said 29th mate. It's in your quote :biggrin-new: Those entries are out today too.