• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

The ‘I’m struggling’ thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
Well I will have a treble on Shewearsitwell 12/1, MH class horse if she comes back fully from injury. Seems a big price on her known quality.

6/1 Concertista MC, looks as if will make a great chaser & 11/1 Flooring Porter 11/1, Stayers.

Are you Lobos in disguise ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
Ha, well I’ll take that as a compliment.

I think.:redface-new: Yes I know Lobos liked the two mare races, can only agree with him.
 
Sorry to hear you've been having a tough time Magpie. You Geordie boys are known for your resilience, and the good news is you're on the mend and things are looking much brighter. Hopefully your recovery will be nice and smooth now. It sounds as though it's all under control, which is very good news.

I'm from Geordie stock myself. My Dad was from West Stanley and my Mum was a Monkey Hanger. Although they moved south before I was born, so I definitely fit into the 'southern softie' category.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Faugheen_Machine
Magpie sorry to hear mate, glad you’ve come through and wish you a swift recovery :encouragement:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magpie
Thanks Spectre, Craigy 14. So thankful for the NHS, and looking forward to better days, off to watch your podcast now Spectre. Will be odd putting names to faces.
 
With that avatar you'll always be Kevin Keegan to me Magpie :highly_amused:
 
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you
Just catching up on here, pleased your on the mend matey
 
Any of you that are fans of line of duty if you are interested my late wife’s memorial lecture is next Friday with Jed Mercurio (you may have seen her line of duty recaps for the guardian) should be a fascinating chat

https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/history-of-medicine/2021-22/hsq07/

Hi Muswell, I read your wife’s weekly recaps from the second series onwards. They were absolutely superb and a must read after an episode. I actually tweeted my sadness when I heard the news of her passing and had no idea you were married and obviously posted on here. Small world.

I’m very sorry for your loss.
 
That is so tough for you and your children Muswell. So very hard, but it sounds as though you were married to an incredible woman, and you must all be so proud of her.
 
Any of you that are fans of line of duty if you are interested my late wife’s memorial lecture is next Friday with Jed Mercurio (you may have seen her line of duty recaps for the guardian) should be a fascinating chat

https://www.rsm.ac.uk/events/history-of-medicine/2021-22/hsq07/

Thoughts are with you and the kids mate.

I've just read some stories about Sarah and she seems like an incredible woman. You're tribute to her was heart-wrenching and I can't even comprehend losing what you've lost.

My inbox, along with I'm sure everybody else's, is open if you ever need to talk.
 
Hi Muswell, I read your wife’s weekly recaps from the second series onwards. They were absolutely superb and a must read after an episode. I actually tweeted my sadness when I heard the news of her passing and had no idea you were married and obviously posted on here. Small world.

I’m very sorry for your loss.

Echo this. The weekly recap of Line of Duty/Peaky Blinders were as entertaining and thought provoking as the episodes themselves.

Sending best wishes to you and the kids.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Benjy23
Just to reinforce the sentiments above. What a terrible loss for you and your family Muswell, as illustrated by the profoundly positive impact your wife had (and her memory continues to have) on so many people never fortunate enough to meet her yet who would still refer to her by forename. My thoughts with you and the others who were closest to her.
 
Thinking of you Muswell. Hope the good memories keep you and your family and friends strong.
 
Thanks all, immensely proud of her legacy and touched by all your support. Many doctors were waved away during cheltenham even stopping her oncologist mid flow when tiger came to three out in the x country. Anyway let’s get back to finding winners