• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

The ‘I’m struggling’ thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you

Sounds rubbish

Hopefully life’s back up and running again and no further issues sir.
 
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you

Thinking of you today Magpie. Keep that beak up
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you

Wish you all the best :friendly_wink:
 
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you

Jesus thats awful Magpie, glad you're out the other side and hopefully good times ahead. Keep positive and wish you all the best.
 
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you

Sorry to hear that, all the best pal!!
 
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you

Wishing you well for a speedy recovery Magpie.
 
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you

Horrible to hear Mapgie. As always, my inbox is open should you want to talk
 
Sorry to read this Magpie , I hope you are on the up now , all the Best ,.B.C.
 
Thanks for all the kind comments guys. Just need to see doc in six weeks and keep the usual checks on me. Sure thinks will be on the up now.
 
Best wishes Magpie, maybe Eddie Howe can lift your spirits in coming weeks….
 
I hope so Istabraq, but of a gamble being a young manager, but he might have the ideas and vitality to get us on a more sure footing and build for a few years. Be nice to be entertained again
 
Shit news Magpie, really sorry to hear, stay positive and as always you know where to find us
 
Sorry to read that and all the very best Magpie. Hopefully the forum is a welcome distraction during your recovery.
 
Sorry to hear this Magpie

Hopefully you are on the road to a full recovery

best wishes
 
Last edited:
Let's have a Magpie multiple
I will love it if it wins, I will love it.
 
Just writing to say I’ve had a couple of bad months being poked and prodded about before eventually having a kidney removed recently. For the usual reasons, I can’t even type the word. Hoping that it’s all sunnier days ahead now. The forum has still been a big help, kept my mind of all the worries for a bit. Been an up and down time, but you don’t half find out the people who care about you

Hi Magpie,

I would like to echo the words of others. Our thoughts are with you and, as you say, I hope sunnier times are ahead. Stay strong and keeping looking forward. I hope you get some good news in the weeks ahead. I believe two magpies (for joy and luck) are in order. Best wishes.

CNC
 
Thanks for all the kind comments, I’m not just saying this, but I have really been touched by how kind that our little community is. Feeling much better after op, and need to get up to speed with all your comments and the all new shiny podcast!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
Let's have a Magpie multiple
I will love it if it wins, I will love it.

Well I will have a treble on Shewearsitwell 12/1, MH class horse if she comes back fully from injury. Seems a big price on her known quality.

6/1 Concertista MC, looks as if will make a great chaser & 11/1 Flooring Porter 11/1, Stayers, repeat winners a plenty in this race, would surely be shorter in a well known stable. ?1091/1 treble. I’ve put that on for a few points Kev, so let’s hope it gets to the last leg for some fun.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kevloaf
Well I will have a treble on Shewearsitwell 12/1, MH class horse if she comes back fully from injury. Seems a big price on her known quality.

6/1 Concertista MC, looks as if will make a great chaser & 11/1 Flooring Porter 11/1, Stayers, repeat winners a plenty in this race, would surely be shorter in a well known stable. ?1091/1 treble. I’ve put that on for a few points Kev, so let’s hope it gets to the last leg for some fun.

I love the sound of that Magpie, although I'd swap SWIW for TMSG. 8/1 is shorter, but the Cheltenham experience coupled with having been healthy account for that discrepancy IMO.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magpie
Well I will have a treble on Shewearsitwell 12/1, MH class horse if she comes back fully from injury. Seems a big price on her known quality.

6/1 Concertista MC, looks as if will make a great chaser & 11/1 Flooring Porter 11/1, Stayers, repeat winners a plenty in this race, would surely be shorter in a well known stable. ?1091/1 treble. I’ve put that on for a few points Kev, so let’s hope it gets to the last leg for some fun.

Like that a lot. A Grand for a Pound.......that can't be bad !
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magpie