• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2020

Just catching up and read this Q

Well think you’ve been overly diplomatic towards Mr Hobbs because he has LIED , don’t have a problem with them changing their minds but does piss me off when he says “ always the target “ which isn’t the case.
He loses all credibility in my eyes by saying that.

Beginning of season he stated that Ryanair was the target and I have some lovely multiples with EA 10/1 and DDS 8/1 to prove it


Tosser :highly_amused:

Yes, me at my most diplomatic for sure. :encouragement:

I think JP Mcmanus is very sporting and would like to see the race as much as everyone else.

It is only Hobbs that could try and fight the Ryanair corner now and it looks like the win against the 12 year old off the slow pace has convinced him.:stupid:

I personally think it's a mistake but the Ryaniar might not be a cake walk either so if they get a slow to medium pace in the Champion I couldn't rule Defi out of it.
But as it stands I'd be with the other two over him.
 
Yes, me at my most diplomatic for sure. :encouragement:

I think JP Mcmanus is very sporting and would like to see the race as much as everyone else.

It is only Hobbs that could try and fight the Ryanair corner now and it looks like the win against the 12 year old off the slow pace has convinced him.:stupid:

I personally think it's a mistake but the Ryaniar might not be a cake walk either so if they get a slow to medium pace in the Champion I couldn't rule Defi out of it.
But as it stands I'd be with the other two over him.

I’m resigned to Defi going to the Champion Chase and have put in multiples to cover , however I do believe his best chance is the Ryanair and that certainly is not as you say a “ cakewalk”

My heart wants Altior not my pocket but think CPS could beat them both, I’d like to see CPS. “ POUR “ :highly_amused:it on and go for it and stretch the other 2, negating DDS kick
 
Last edited:
Altior made hard work of beating Sceau Royal by 3 1/4 lengths on Saturday off level weights. The king yard isnt fully firing at present with just 1 win from last 30+ winners. Also the 3rd Dynamite Dollars will come on a tonne for that run and can confidently be expected to reverse form with Altior if he takes his place in the Chanpion Chase.
Defi Du Seuil effortlessly brushed Sceau Royal aside by 22 1/2 lengths at Sandown off level weights. It was Sceaus first run of the season but this is a horse who had won 1st time up for the last 3 seasons and the King stable was on fire at the time.

Defi is improving hand over fist with each run and is a genuine superstar in his prime with more to come.

Chacun Pour Soi is heavily over rated due to some loose media comment last season that the horse is special by Ruby Walsh. He isnt a bad horse but he isnt a superstar.

The race regardless of how the race is run (will be run flat out its the champion chase) is Defis race. He is the star of the festival.

Although it would be lovely if Altior was back at his best and Chacun was as good as they want him to be then it would be some race. The reality is this is a point and shoot for Defi. He is genuinely in the superstar league and this is the festival banker.
 
Last edited:
Dynamite Dollar was badly in need of the run but still looked the likliest winner coming to the last.
When Bun Doran fell at the water jump it left Dynamite Dollar as the front runner. This was not the position Harry Cobden wanted to be in for this race.
The Champion Chase will be run at pace thats guaranteed and that will suit this one. The improvement could be biblical next timr out in the big 1 and he is surely the only live danger to Defi and not CPS or Altior.

Bun Doran incidentally beat Sceau Royal by about the same distance at Kemptom as Altior beat him at Newbury.
 
Altior made hard work of beating Sceau Royal by 3 1/4 lengths on Saturday off level weights. The king yard isnt fully firing at present with just 1 win from last 30+ winners. Also the 3rd Dynamite Dollars will come on a tonne for that run and can confidently be expected to reverse form with Altior if he takes his place in the Chanpion Chase.
Defi Du Seuil effortlessly brushed Sceau Royal aside by 22 1/2 lengths at Sandown off level weights. It was Sceaus first run of the season but this is a horse who had won 1st time up for the last 3 seasons and the King stable was on fire at the time.

Defi is improving hand over fist with each run and is a genuine superstar in his prime with more to come.

Chacun Pour Soi is heavily over rated due to some loose media comment last season that the horse is special by Ruby Walsh. He isnt a bad horse but he isnt a superstar.

The race regardless of how the race is run (will be run flat out its the champion chase) is Defis race. He is the star of the festival.

Although it would be lovely if Altior was back at his best and Chacun was as good as they want him to be then it would be some race. The reality is this is a point and shoot for Defi. He is genuinely in the superstar league and this is the festival banker.

Firstly welcome ,

It’s how we behave on FJF :)

Perhaps the use of IMO in your posts in future may be an improvement? :encouragement:
 
Altior made hard work of beating Sceau Royal by 3 1/4 lengths on Saturday off level weights. The king yard isnt fully firing at present with just 1 win from last 30+ winners. Also the 3rd Dynamite Dollars will come on a tonne for that run and can confidently be expected to reverse form with Altior if he takes his place in the Chanpion Chase.
Defi Du Seuil effortlessly brushed Sceau Royal aside by 22 1/2 lengths at Sandown off level weights. It was Sceaus first run of the season but this is a horse who had won 1st time up for the last 3 seasons and the King stable was on fire at the time.

Defi is improving hand over fist with each run and is a genuine superstar in his prime with more to come.

Chacun Pour Soi is heavily over rated due to some loose media comment last season that the horse is special by Ruby Walsh. He isnt a bad horse but he isnt a superstar.

The race regardless of how the race is run (will be run flat out its the champion chase) is Defis race. He is the star of the festival.

Although it would be lovely if Altior was back at his best and Chacun was as good as they want him to be then it would be some race. The reality is this is a point and shoot for Defi. He is genuinely in the superstar league and this is the festival banker.

I wonder who this is...

Your attempt to use Sceau Royal as a formline is clearly a windy one. Not his true running.
 
Firstly welcome ,

It’s how we behave on FJF :)

Perhaps the use of IMO in your posts in future may be an improvement? :encouragement:

I think the fact this is a racing forum and that was a post that I made should tell you clearly that what I say is in my opinion as I was the one posting and wasnt quoting anything. There is no need whatsoever to put in some lazy text talk abbreviation 'IMO'.

An individuals post is always their opinion unless they quote something. Text talk is vulgar. Common sense is essential.
 
322004.jpg
 
I think the fact this is a racing forum and that was a post that I made should tell you clearly that what I say is in my opinion as I was the one posting and wasnt quoting anything. There is no need whatsoever to put in some lazy text talk abbreviation 'IMO'.

An individuals post is always their opinion unless they quote something. Text talk is vulgar. Common sense is essential.

I rescind my “welcome” , it was in reality very tongue in cheek !

I find your arrogance hilariously amusing :highly_amused:

Are you ET in disguise?
 
I rescind my “welcome” , it was in reality very tongue in cheek !

I find your arrogance hilariously amusing :highly_amused:

No Im not in disguise. I post what I want when I want. That simple. Fat Jockey forum can rectify the problem by spending money on an IT expert to change the ease to register a new account.

Til they put their hands in their pockets and do that I will post whenever I want to. Or they can offer a valid reason as to why I was banned and if I accept that reason then I wont make new accounts.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I rescind my “welcome” , it was in reality very tongue in cheek !

I find your arrogance hilariously amusing :highly_amused:

No Im not in disguise. I post what I want when I want. That simple. Fat Jockey forum can rectify the problem by spending money on an IT expert to change the ease to register a new account.

Til they put their hands in their pockets and do that I will post whenever I want to. Or they can offer a valid reason as to why I was banned and if I accept that reason then I wont make new accounts.

It's your most boring name yet.
I liked some of the others.

edit - obviously replying to ET, not sure how that quote ended up there.:dejection:
 
It's your most boring name yet.
I liked some of the others.

edit - obviously replying to ET, not sure how that quote ended up there.:dejection:

I thought it was quite good one.

Odd Checker Blue as opposed to Oddschecker Blue is in fact a dig at people who jump on board a horse because of the wave of blue on oddschecker. I view them as odd as because following a wave of blue is merely taking under the odds amd feeding on the scraps of others. You should start the blue not follow it.

I like this name.
 
I thought it was quite good one.

Odd Checker Blue as opposed to Oddschecker Blue is in fact a dig at people who jump on board a horse because of the wave of blue on oddschecker. I view them as odd as because following a wave of blue is merely taking under the odds. You should start the blue not follow it.

I like this name.

You started any blue that i can jump onto mate?
 
I thought it was quite good one.

Odd Checker Blue as opposed to Oddschecker Blue is in fact a dig at people who jump on board a horse because of the wave of blue on oddschecker. I view them as odd as because following a wave of blue is merely taking under the odds. You should start the blue not follow it.

I like this name.

If you like it, that's all that matters.
And I agree = it's much better to start a blue than follow a blue.
 
You started any blue that i can jump onto mate?

I dont have the power to start blue. The waves of blue are created from media articles, media tipsters and tipping companies. People follow in mass and it turns blue.

In the 315 plumpton 3 of the 4 horses at the front of the market are in blue. Ostuni 6/1 is the only pink one from the first 4.

Ostuni ew is a good bet here and he should win. This isnt really relevant to the champ chase however.
 
I rescind my “welcome” , it was in reality very tongue in cheek !

I find your arrogance hilariously amusing :highly_amused:

No Im not in disguise. I post what I want when I want. That simple. Fat Jockey forum can rectify the problem by spending money on an IT expert to change the ease to register a new account.

Til they put their hands in their pockets and do that I will post whenever I want to. Or they can offer a valid reason as to why I was banned and if I accept that reason then I wont make new accounts.

Nobody cares what you post , you’re insignificant :highly_amused:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
No Im not in disguise. I post what I want when I want. That simple. Fat Jockey forum can rectify the problem by spending money on an IT expert to change the ease to register a new account.

Til they put their hands in their pockets and do that I will post whenever I want to. Or they can offer a valid reason as to why I was banned and if I accept that reason then I wont make new accounts.

:highly_amused: Wow.




You can do what you want? Do you even know what you want? :highly_amused: Is it somebody to listen?


It's more effort for you to create a new account than it is for me to ban it.

We can delete all your posts too, like you weren't here? It's just a few clicks...



No money needs to be spent, it's seconds out of my day.... we could do this for years, honestly. It doesn't affect me anywhere near as much as you hope it does.
 
Is there any way to delete all these nonsense posts? There’s enough to catch up on this forum at this time of year without the race threads being filled with post after post not about the race