• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Punchestown 2021

Falak in the first @ 18/1 EW 7 places. Arrives in rude health after a couple of wins at Dundalk. Hopefully trainer does an Anna Bunina with this fella.

Telemesomethinggirl @ 13/2 - will probably be my biggest bet of the week. On the face of it this looked like a slightly odd move by HDB - 2m to 3m is a tall ask, but then I look at how she settled at Cheltenham (which was a previous issue) and how powerfully she hit the line going away, combined with her previous wins over 2m4f, and I think this is a sensible move. I am not sure what their long term ambitions are for her, but the mares allowance is invaluable and perhaps wont be around forever, so there's every chance they aim her at next years stayers hurdle and this is a sighter to see how she gets on.

Mortal @ 80/1 EW and Foxy Jacks @ 33/1 EW - 7 places. The case for an 80/1 shot will always have holes, but I quite like Mortal here. The run in the Irish Grand National was full of positives. Up with the pace, jumped well, just clearly didn't stay. I don't think he wants an inch past 2m5f. 8 months ago he was beating Robin Des Foret, Livelovelaugh and Us And Them, so he'd not devoid of ability and he's slipped 2lbs below his last winning mark to 145. I don't think he'll win, but with 7 places I'd like to think he might hit the frame at a massive price. Foxy Jacks is a complete lunatic that almost certainly doesn't want 3 miles so back in trip off a very low weight makes sense to me.

Really looking forward to the other races, its just a tough meeting to get right so only betting on 3 of the 8 races today.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Toshyboy
Are there any horses from Ireland not involved in the handicap hurdle races at Punchestown.....the fields are massive!!! Shame the place offers are so tight as it puts me off getting involved
 
Falak in the first @ 18/1 EW 7 places. Arrives in rude health after a couple of wins at Dundalk. Hopefully trainer does an Anna Bunina with this fella.

Telemesomethinggirl @ 13/2 - will probably be my biggest bet of the week. On the face of it this looked like a slightly odd move by HDB - 2m to 3m is a tall ask, but then I look at how she settled at Cheltenham (which was a previous issue) and how powerfully she hit the line going away, combined with her previous wins over 2m4f, and I think this is a sensible move. I am not sure what their long term ambitions are for her, but the mares allowance is invaluable and perhaps wont be around forever, so there's every chance they aim her at next years stayers hurdle and this is a sighter to see how she gets on.

Mortal @ 80/1 EW and Foxy Jacks @ 33/1 EW - 7 places. The case for an 80/1 shot will always have holes, but I quite like Mortal here. The run in the Irish Grand National was full of positives. Up with the pace, jumped well, just clearly didn't stay. I don't think he wants an inch past 2m5f. 8 months ago he was beating Robin Des Foret, Livelovelaugh and Us And Them, so he'd not devoid of ability and he's slipped 2lbs below his last winning mark to 145. I don't think he'll win, but with 7 places I'd like to think he might hit the frame at a massive price. Foxy Jacks is a complete lunatic that almost certainly doesn't want 3 miles so back in trip off a very low weight makes sense to me.

Really looking forward to the other races, its just a tough meeting to get right so only betting on 3 of the 8 races today.

Nice to see I’m not alone in fancying Falak!
 
I’ve done a place acca with some enhanced places...

Falak - 7 Places
Stranger Danger - 4 places
Telmesomethinggirl
Kemboy
Lake Winnipesaukee
Royal Rendezvous - 7 places

235/1
 
  • Like
Reactions: emckenna8
Shameless copying and an alternative in each of Charlie's races

The Great White/ Falak
Tellmesonethinggirl/Steeetsofdoyen
Embittered/Foxy Jacks


Good luck all
 
I like the first time tongue tie for Ramillies in the bumper

Taken the 14-1 in the each way extra market (4 places) with Bet 365
 
He's a bit of a hound but does Black Op not look really well in off 143 tomorrow? Still 10s available

"English horse"

"Well in"

20200810-180356-swan.jpeg
 
  • Like
Reactions: MTR
Best of luck to archie and Bayoffreedom for their horses today.

One horse I am seriously excited about for next season is Vanillier, I keep watching his potato race win and when he was given a slap after the last he sprinted up the hill and had plenty in the tank after the line, a seriously exciting prospect, how he isn't fav for today is beyond me and assuming he is still fresh having been on the go since October he has to go close here.
Had a decent play and if he drifts will press...
 
  • Like
Reactions: archie
I’ve done a place acca with some enhanced places...

Falak - 7 Places
Stranger Danger - 4 places
Telmesomethinggirl
Kemboy
Lake Winnipesaukee
Royal Rendezvous - 7 places

235/1

Just realised I did Gabbys Cross not Falak in the first, and obviously he came bloody 8th :upset:
 
Had New Ross 100/1 thinking was paying first 5, came 5th thought happy days, checked account only paying 4! Gutted
 
GDC looks like an absolute weapon.
 
Galopin Des Champs impressive there, could mean stayers hurdle next season instead of fences?
 
Some performance that, also really impressed with the run by gentlemansgame after a busy few weeks for him.

The Brown Advisory is becoming a race to look forward to!
 
From going off 100/1 in his last G1 to that. Is it any wonder they take the absolute piss in the handicaps?
 
All depends on what ammunition Willie has come March, but I would not say Willlie targets Stayers off the top of my head. Though GDC was my first bet fir RSA, so he better not!