• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Punchestown 2021

A little surprised to see Echoes In Rain fav over Blue Lord tomorrow in view of PT rejecting the ride on the Mare Who he is 3/3 on.

My take on it would be that they're trying to get the pro's title for Paul and the amateur's for Patrick so Patrick will get a few bonus rides.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
Spent a good bit of time last night on this one so i'm glad to see someone else mention it! Lovely win against Colreevy in the bank when giving weight, plus that very nice bumper form. The runs in the Royal Bond and Lawlors just look a simple case of being outclassed. He made a big mistake at the 2nd last in the former, but he was already weakening at a rate of knots by that point. I've taken 20s boosted with Paddy who go 6 places (7th place incoming... :hopelessness:). He just looks too big a price effectively off of 133 in what is basically a sizeable drop in class over hurdles.

I quite fancy Master McShee to run a big race too.

Always nice to know someone else is thinking the same way! Yeh the Colreevy form is super. She was smashed into 8/13 that day and he gave her a 10L beating under her ideal conditions whilst giving away 7lbs. Cant see many in this line up being good enough to do that and as you say, I think his current mark with the claim underestimates his ability
 
Spent a good bit of time last night on this one so i'm glad to see someone else mention it! Lovely win against Colreevy in the bank when giving weight, plus that very nice bumper form. The runs in the Royal Bond and Lawlors just look a simple case of being outclassed. He made a big mistake at the 2nd last in the former, but he was already weakening at a rate of knots by that point. I've taken 20s boosted with Paddy who go 6 places (7th place incoming... :hopelessness:). He just looks too big a price effectively off of 133 in what is basically a sizeable drop in class over hurdles.

I was with you until the 'effectively running off 133' business. I've been here before but that is simply not true unless you think that Gainford is already as good a jockey as Blackmore and Kennedy.

If you're looking at collateral form, I'd suggest that Jazzaway might be on a handy mark based on running against Mrs Milner. I wouldn't, though, be claiming that she's effectively off 123.
 
.....Sky offer;

Monkfish/Allaho win Punchestown & GC/CC @ 66-1
 
I was with you until the 'effectively running off 133' business. I've been here before but that is simply not true unless you think that Gainford is already as good a jockey as Blackmore and Kennedy.

Well of course, but it works out a bare 133 on paper and I don't see Gainford as a negative. Plenty see him as a positive. I don't think he's as good as those 2 but probably as good or better than a good few with no claim. A real terms '+ or -' lbs list on jockeys would certainly be a thread for lively (and neverending) debate!
 
Midnight Run my only bet today e/w & on the nose at 18/1

He looks well treated on his hurdles mark with JG claiming a valuable 7lb, the good ground would be a slight concern, I’d have preferred soft going!
 
Betfair SB is offering 3 places in the 5.25 and you can get Cilaos Emery at 35/1 e/w with the boost.

Very clever of them in my view. Picking the 3rd looks mighty difficult.
 
Anyone notice the price contraction for Merlin Giant in the 5:55? 10/1 into 9/2 showing on bet365, it's 7/2 on William hill.

Emmet Mullins and a 7lb claimer.
 
Good rather than great from Echoes In Rain. Still plenty of improvement in her so hopefully the CH is the way they go.
 
Not beat a great field, but put it to bed easily enough. She’s very promising.
 
Still 20s (22s boosted) with Ladbrokes for the CH

Edit: Cut to 16s about 1min after I posted that! Can be boosted to 18s.
 
Good rather than great from Echoes In Rain. Still plenty of improvement in her so hopefully the CH is the way they go.

Her jumping is not good enough for CH but at least its obvious ands gives them something to work on. Not for me.
 
If you're looking at collateral form, I'd suggest that Jazzaway might be on a handy mark based on running against Mrs Milner.

Nice shout, had a little bit on after reading this, so thanks :applause:
 
Not much I fancy tomorrow really, only one I've backed is Call Me Lyreen in the 4.50. Looked pretty impressive early in the season and had a long break before a recent run to blow the cobwebs away. Kennedy on board, 20/1, the right trainer for this type of race. Worth a play imo.

Off the crossbar! :boxing:
 
The trip that gentleman de mee got then kind of sums up my luck over jumps post cheltenham hahaha

Even after the antics at the start and getting caught miles back, he came there tanking, I then had my head in my hands when the jockey tried to kick for home miles out

horse has tonnes in hand if he can put it all together
 
I’ve gone for Great Bear & Jazzaway in the handicap hurdles.

Nuba Negra winning wouldn’t surprise me, though I haven’t backed him. Think this track could suit.

I’m hoping Envoi Allen wins, I’m still buying the ‘Second coming’ hype!

A rare good day! Might stick a few quid on Nube Negra now.
 
A rare good day! Might stick a few quid on Nube Negra now.

I don't normally pay attention to what my Mrs bets but she's had cousin Harry and jazzaway plus call me lyreen for a place already.

Was planning on doing Merlin Giant in the 5:55 but may have to follow her on De capo glory now
 
That is some performance from chacun

thought they'd set it up perfectly for nube negra but chacun is different class