• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.


  • Total voters
    66
Ground looks like it will be soft at Gowran on Thursday.

The lesser spotted Presenting Percy will hopefully be making an appearance.
 
Don Poli confirmed for the Galmoy Hurdle

Could be seeing the Gold Cup winner and the Nash winner face of in a hurdles race!
 
Don Poli confirmed for the Galmoy Hurdle

Could be seeing the Gold Cup winner and the Nash winner face of in a hurdles race!

100%.

Get the double on.

Certainties :highly_amused:
 
“His connections will be keen to keep up the Presenting Percy’s winning mentality. Telling horses it’s “OK” to lose a race are treading a dangerous path at the highest level of the sport.”

What a load of toss

I was cackling at that
 
From the Weekender twitter feed:
"'I think we should give him credit for what he is and that's a rapidly improving stayer with gears - and that makes him a seriously dangerous beast'

The Gold Cup is next on @PaulKealyRP's hit list in his Cheltenham ante-post series - read his preview in this week's @RPWeekender"

I haven't seen the article but I think we all know who he's talking about. :cool:
 
From the Weekender twitter feed:
"'I think we should give him credit for what he is and that's a rapidly improving stayer with gears - and that makes him a seriously dangerous beast'

The Gold Cup is next on @PaulKealyRP's hit list in his Cheltenham ante-post series - read his preview in this week's @RPWeekender"

I haven't seen the article but I think we all know who he's talking about. :cool:

Aye , Kemboy and Al boum the two he's put up .
 
Two from Mullins ... but he can't train Gold Cup horses? :devilish:
 
From the Weekender twitter feed:
"'I think we should give him credit for what he is and that's a rapidly improving stayer with gears - and that makes him a seriously dangerous beast'

The Gold Cup is next on @PaulKealyRP's hit list in his Cheltenham ante-post series - read his preview in this week's @RPWeekender"

I haven't seen the article but I think we all know who he's talking about. :cool:

Clan des obeaux? Surely :devilish:
 
Pat Kelly knows what he is doing!

Too right CoD... thought he travelled like a dream.

The perfect start for him and pleasing to see him find when he needed to. I think he is going to very tough to beat in the GC.
 
Pat Kelly knows what he is doing!

Yep, nothing like a gold cup winning a galmoy hurdle.
But I struggle to think of many RSA or gold cup winners that could have won a race like that.
He's definitely got a bit if class.
 
Yep, nothing like a gold cup winning a galmoy hurdle.
But I struggle to think of many RSA or gold cup winners that could have won a race like that.
He's definitely got a bit if class.

Wasn't really taking into account a potential Gold Cup winning horse winning a Galmoy tbh, more about what the trainer has achieved really.

Can't deny the horse has class though, quite possibly in abundance.
 
Pat Kelly will be delighted by that; surely have to find a chase somewhere pre festival now?
 
Wasn't really taking into account a potential Gold Cup winning horse winning a Galmoy tbh, more about what the trainer has achieved really.

Can't deny the horse has class though, quite possibly in abundance.

he'll be my favourite trainer if mall dini wins today as I've done the kelly double.
And given the lack of an entry at cheltenham for mall dini, I'm hoping this is the day.