• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Breeder’s Cup

Does anyone have any insight into the AOB running plans for Breeders Cup post-Arc weekend? I was quite keen on Henri Matisse (Juvenile Turf) and Ylang Ylang (Fillies and Mares Turf) but both disappointed. I'm happy to blame that on the ground and there's some really lovely prices around if anyone knows if they are still intended runners?
 
Does anyone have any insight into the AOB running plans for Breeders Cup post-Arc weekend? I was quite keen on Henri Matisse (Juvenile Turf) and Ylang Ylang (Fillies and Mares Turf) but both disappointed. I'm happy to blame that on the ground and there's some really lovely prices around if anyone knows if they are still intended runners?

Don't believe either will go to be honest, Ylang Ylang I also liked but she looks gone at the game
 
  • Like
Reactions: Odin
Opera singer surely goes for the fillies and mares over 1m2f?

Didn't quite see out the mile and a half last time imo.

Although the form did take an alrighty boost in the Arc, with conditions the likely reason.
 
Last edited:
Opera singer surely goes for the fillies and mares over 1m2f?

Didn't quite see out the mile and a half last time imo.

Although the form did take an alrighty boost in the Arc, with conditions the likely reason.

Definitely. Was clearly taking on a couple of superstars at Longchamp so the form can be marked right up. Also beat Ramatuelle at Ascot who boosted that form by winning the Foret at the weekend. She'll be a big price too.
 
Definitely. Was clearly taking on a couple of superstars at Longchamp so the form can be marked right up. Also beat Ramatuelle at Ascot who boosted that form by winning the Foret at the weekend. She'll be a big price too.

Aye she’s as big as 5/1 (Hills), definitely a decent price imo! Surely won’t go for the champions fillies and mares in a couple weeks.
 
Opera singer surely goes for the fillies and mares over 1m2f?

Didn't quite see out the mile and a half last time imo.

Although the form did take an alrighty boost in the Arc, with conditions the likely reason.

I'm starting to think this as well and be tempted by the Hills price. I'm fairly certain it was the plan for YY based on all trainer comments, but by the same token it appeared to be the plan for Opera Singer to go to the Arc so the fact that she didn't suggests either change of plan or she's had a setback...

In truth, I'm not sure why I'm bothering so much - I've got a shocking Breeders Cup record, but god loves a trier and these threads have been a nice place for me to browse (for the first time) this summer :encouragement:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Glasgow Ronnie
I'm starting to think this as well and be tempted by the Hills price. I'm fairly certain it was the plan for YY based on all trainer comments, but by the same token it appeared to be the plan for Opera Singer to go to the Arc so the fact that she didn't suggests either change of plan or she's had a setback...

In truth, I'm not sure why I'm bothering so much - I've got a shocking Breeders Cup record, but god loves a trier and these threads have been a nice place for me to browse (for the first time) this summer :encouragement:

Regarding the Arc I’m hoping Aiden took a sensible post race approach and realised, given the usual Arc conditions, they had no chance turning the form round with Bluestocking.

Hopefully not a setback, we’ll surely know more when entries for champions day start as Aiden will mention plans you would hope.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Odin
Can anybody talk me out of backing Forever Young in the classic? I spent last night watching back the races of the top 3 in the market and he seriously impresses me. I had Derma Sotogake last year ew and their turn is very near. City Of Troy has never raced on dirt. I get that he is by Justify, but he isn't Justify, that's the bit that is swinging it for me. At 6/1, could even back E/W for a money back (almost guarantee)
 
Can anybody talk me out of backing Forever Young in the classic? I spent last night watching back the races of the top 3 in the market and he seriously impresses me. I had Derma Sotogake last year ew and their turn is very near. City Of Troy has never raced on dirt. I get that he is by Justify, but he isn't Justify, that's the bit that is swinging it for me. At 6/1, could even back E/W for a money back (almost guarantee)

I could not put you off backing him, I think he's a cracking bet personally. He was unlucky in the Kentucky Derby also.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yosser
Charlie says the following run for him
  • Rebels Romance
  • Noteable Speech
  • Cinderella’s Dream
  • Al Qudra
  • Amori City
  • Star Of Mystery​
 
  • Like
Reactions: HoldenTheReins
Charlie says the following run for him
  • Rebels Romance
  • Noteable Speech
  • Cinderella’s Dream
  • Al Qudra
  • Amori City
  • Star Of Mystery​

He sounded very excited by NS at Newmarket Friday.
 
Paddy just gone 16/1 Opera Singer for Champions Day - a sign she comes here?
 
Paddy just gone 16/1 Opera Singer for Champions Day - a sign she comes here?

Tabor has said it was France or america, missed France so got to assume she comes with Ryan to ride. Other 2 totally blew out
 
  • Like
Reactions: Odin
Paddy just gone 16/1 Opera Singer for Champions Day - a sign she comes here?

And shortening up Emily Upjohn for the F&M @ ascot into 5s

Got to think that would be her target with how weak the field come end up.

Emilys run lto now doesnt look too bad with the 2 ahead of her being 1st and 2nd in the Arc
 
  • Like
Reactions: Odin
Updated Breeders Cup bets after having all my stakes returned

Dirt Mile - Saudi Crown - backed
Turf Sprint - Cogburn - backed
Distaff - Thorpedo Anna - backed
Turf - Al Riffa (ew) - backed
Turf - Rebels Romance - backed
Classic - Forever Young -
Filly & Mare Turf - Opera Singer - backed
Filly & Mare Sprint - Sweet Azteca - backed
Mile - Notable Speech - backed
Sprint - The Chosen Vron
Sprint - Raging Torrent

Double - TS - Cogburn & Notable Speech - Mile
Treble - TS - Cogburn & Notable Speech - Mile & Thorpedo Anna - Distaff

There are a good few on here who clearly know more than me about American racing so i await to be told i have messed up :biggrin-new: