• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Breeder’s Cup

Looking at the turf it looks a very bleak looking race, one Japanese runner that is coming over on the plane which caught my eye was Rousham Park, 25s with Denise. He seems to have decent form on good to firm beating the likes of Titleholder

​
 
Looking at the turf it looks a very bleak looking race, one Japanese runner that is coming over on the plane which caught my eye was Rousham Park, 25s with Denise. He seems to have decent form on good to firm beating the likes of Titleholder

​

Loads of NR's. Shahryar is coming back for another try, was unlucky last year.
 
What do folks make of the Chancer McPatrick / Ferocious form… had Ferocious in my tracker based upon his opening beyer.., both favs for their respective trials this weekend… tempted to take the 8s on CMc for the Juvenile

Yeah of the prices available I think 8s is fair, it's a pretty open race this year but the calibre of juvenile isn't that high imo
 
What do folks make of the Chancer McPatrick / Ferocious form… had Ferocious in my tracker based upon his opening beyer.., both favs for their respective trials this weekend… tempted to take the 8s on CMc for the Juvenile

Very competitive race, could be the race of the night if not the weekend. At this stage you could probably pick any of the top 10 in the betting
They're last race, Prat lost an iron and Ferocious lost a shoe, CMc won well with his closing strength and could well do the same again if they go off at a crazy pace, so I think 8/1 looks fine
I think Ferocious fought really well and even with the lost shoe disadvantage he still got a solid Beyer
​​​​​​I wouldn't be surprised to see him bounce back ​​​and reverse that result (especially with his recent works)

Love the juvenile races, I normally do okay on a weekly basis but not so well at the big events, pesky 2 year olds!

FWIW I've gone for Ferocious & Jonathan's Way
 
Last edited:
Can do one for both I guess, some I'd put up would be

American Bikini - Juvenile Fillies
Forever Young - Classic
Cogburn - Turf Sprint

I like those picks. Maybe worth holding for a few more with loads of win and you're in races?

Federal Judge was good there
 
I've gone against Chancer and Ferocious this weekend with East Avenue and Tip Top Thomas singled and a small double.
 
  • Like
Reactions: parimutuel
Princess Calla @ 16/1 e/w Breeder's Cup Filly & Mare Turf

Tough, tough mare and South African HOTY '23
​​​​​​Bought by Resolute Racing since touching down in the U.S. and now in training with Chad Brown
Out tomorrow for the first time since March at Woodbine so hoping she runs well
Her odds are a bit tight considering she's been off so long and has been beaten by Beach Bomb but I still think the 16/1 is okay.

So, to wrap up my SAF Breeder's Cup each way chances

Isivunguvungu @ 20/1 Turf Sprint

Beach Bomb @ 50/1 F & M Turf

Princess Calla @ 16/1 F & M Turf
 
I've gone against Chancer and Ferocious this weekend with East Avenue and Tip Top Thomas singled and a small double.

Love TTT, backed him lto but just not sure he'll get the trip as he's bred to go 6, 6/1/2 furlongs
​​​​​His 4 furlong works have been very consistent ​
 
Quickick 33/1 on sky for the juvenile fillies, big price error 12s everywhere else after a good run yesterday being very green