• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Breeder’s Cup

Updated Breeders Cup bets after having all my stakes returned

Dirt Mile - Saudi Crown - backed
Turf Sprint - Cogburn - backed
Distaff - Thorpedo Anna - backed
Turf - Al Riffa (ew) - backed
Turf - Rebels Romance - backed
Classic - Forever Young -
Filly & Mare Turf - Opera Singer - backed
Filly & Mare Sprint - Sweet Azteca - backed
Mile - Notable Speech - backed
Sprint - The Chosen Vron
Sprint - Raging Torrent

Double - TS - Cogburn & Notable Speech - Mile
Treble - TS - Cogburn & Notable Speech - Mile & Thorpedo Anna - Distaff

There are a good few on here who clearly know more than me about American racing so i await to be told i have messed up :biggrin-new:

Not sure if Al Riffa is coming over, but I have a lot of those backed myself Yosser
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yosser
Makes me feel better that Zach :welcoming::welcoming: to be honest i backed Al Riffa the day before the Arc in anticipation of a good run so kind of ruled that one out after the race. It is shaping up to be a favourites Breeders Cup looking at the market. I only bet on the Saturday card. It usually falls on F.A Cup 1st round weekend (rife for over 2.5 goals) and the Badger Beers meeting at Wincanton. Great betting day. Few beers, job done.
 
Breeder's Cup Pre-Entry announcement Wednesday 23rd

Live on YouTube too
 
I know a few of us on here already have good positions on the Sprint but think we’d all agree that the division looks wide open. Mullikin is 4 from 4 as a 4 year old and has been improving all year, clocking a 105 Beyer last time out.
He’s been racing at 7f but is being aimed at the Sprint and has improved his gate speed massively in recent runs. If, as looks likely, there is a pace burn up I can see him staying on best.
He looks to be peaking at the right time and I think his current price of 8s is over and can see him being much shorter nearer the off.
 
Content declared for Ascot, would guess BC is unlikely now.

Opera Singer probably Aiden's runner.

Emily Upjohn is interesting but they have Friendly Soul so she could go to the turf.
 
Content declared for Ascot, would guess BC is unlikely now.

Opera Singer probably Aiden's runner.

Emily Upjohn is interesting but they have Friendly Soul so she could go to the turf.

Once Opera missed France think it was more aless done deal she was America as the one with Moore, i think shes far better anyway than Content. Perhaps YY will go too

Looking at the Turf i'd imagine Luxembourg looks Aidans likely runner, a nice back up to Rebels Romacne for a bet.
 
Once Opera missed France think it was more aless done deal she was America as the one with Moore, i think shes far better anyway than Content. Perhaps YY will go too

Looking at the Turf i'd imagine Luxembourg looks Aidans likely runner, a nice back up to Rebels Romacne for a bet.

Ylang Ylang looks gone at the game.

Opera Singer is ideal for them to bang on about Justify more.

Luxembourg is big at 20's so had to take that.
 
Ylang Ylang looks gone at the game.

Opera Singer is ideal for them to bang on about Justify more.

Luxembourg is big at 20's so had to take that.


Yeh I can't see what else he has for the race, I took 20's last night as a back up to Rebels Romance

Rebels R
Rousham Park
Far Bridge
Shahryar

Only 4 confirmed runners so far ; it will cut up very bad. ​
 
  • Like
Reactions: HoldenTheReins
Yeh I can't see what else he has for the race, I took 20's last night as a back up to Rebels Romance

Rebels R
Rousham Park
Far Bridge
Shahryar

Only 4 confirmed runners so far ; it will cut up very bad. ​

From my very limited japanese form knowledge, rousham park at 25/1 is a decent price in my opinion given how much this race will cut up
 
  • Like
Reactions: Run4Home
From my very limited japanese form knowledge, rousham park at 25/1 is a decent price in my opinion given how much this race will cut up


I see booking confirmed too , Lemaire - Rousham Park​ and Demuro - Shahryar
 
Backed Shahryar today.

My knowledge of international racing isn't anything to write home about but just a little bit of research, he has close enough form ties with Rebel's Romance (general 3/1 favourite for the race) & Auguste Rodin, to tell me that I'm getting some sort of value at a boosted 18/1. Demuro also booked which is good news.
 
Thought Proces at 10s ew think is still a nice ew, played at 16's awhile back but I thinks shes the best of the Americans and with Lake Victoria probably a 50/50 runner then Europe wont have much is she doesn't go.
 
Thought Proces at 10s ew think is still a nice ew, played at 16's awhile back but I thinks shes the best of the Americans and with Lake Victoria probably a 50/50 runner then Europe wont have much is she doesn't go.

I got some of the 16's when you mentioned her. Only a small bet, but got the value, looking at it :encouragement:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Run4Home
I got some of the 16's when you mentioned her. Only a small bet, but got the value, looking at it :encouragement:

Good stuff, price will all depend now on Lake V, only 2 would interest me there so will have one or both if she is confirmed but not surprised if Aidan leaves her at home. Not too often brings out the top juveniles
 
Good stuff, price will all depend now on Lake V, only 2 would interest me there so will have one or both if she is confirmed but not surprised if Aidan leaves her at home. Not too often brings out the top juveniles

That tayz guy on twitter hinted that he spoke to Aidan at the dewhurst and asked him about her and what I gather from the tweets he said she's going
 
That tayz guy on twitter hinted that he spoke to Aidan at the dewhurst and asked him about her and what I gather from the tweets he said she's going

Yeh I guess its similar to Opera Singer last season was going then not last minute
I suppose people are looking at where she isnt on the likely contenders list on BC site which i gather comes a bit from the trainer (not that I'd imagine the list is exactly right) but enough for some doubt and just he tends not to send his good ones
 
City of Troy 7/4 best price for the classic, one of the worst prices I've ever seen