• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2026 Novice Hurdlers

Willie has suggested Too Bossy For Us will go to Cheltenham and, apparently, off camera, suggested he has the class for the Supreme. Then mentioned the Melbourne cup, too.

Nice little DRF review by Johnny Ward with Willie too. If you can catch it on RTV it's worth a watch. He's done well to get that much out of him given he normally can't escape from Gary quick enough.
 
Apart from the Doctor he has no stand out horse so I can see Willie throwing all of his Novices at the Festival over the 3 races. 5 each race.
 
Apart from the Doctor he has no stand out horse so I can see Willie throwing all of his Novices at the Festival over the 3 races. 5 each race.

Mighty Park unbeaten, albeit only the one run. Could be anything though.
 
Not cheap sending horses across the sea, lot of owners might not be up for running in races they can't realistically win just so Willie has more arrows than everyone else, I know its Cheltenahm and its the dream blah blah blah, some people are more pragmatic & would rather a horse for the future than one thats had its brains blown by going for races that were far too much for them at that stage of their career.
 
Mighty Park unbeaten, albeit only the one run. Could be anything though.
Yep, looked very good and beat Roc Dino a lot further than El Cairos did albeit he might not have been trying that hard.

What race do you expect him to turn up in COD?
 
FWIW he has a great set of horses, just right at this moment, other yards have horses at the same level, some a better level, everything is still to play for so I doubt they'll be much panic at any yard at the moment.
 
Not cheap sending horses across the sea, lot of owners might not be up for running in races they can't realistically win just so Willie has more arrows than everyone else, I know its Cheltenahm and its the dream blah blah blah, some people are more pragmatic & would rather a horse for the future than one thats had its brains blown by going for races that were far too much for them at that stage of their career.
Sent 10 to last year's Triumph didn't he? Worked out ok. Probably same figure to Bumper ?
 
Missed 1.....11!!!!

Only 5 in Bumper. 10 was previous year I think
 
  • Haha
Reactions: EnvoiAlien
He sends loads over every year though, you're hardly reinventing the wheel pointing out that this year he might do it again, only this time it'll be because he hasn't a couple of odds on shots running for him.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
Yep, looked very good and beat Roc Dino a lot further than El Cairos did albeit he might not have been trying that hard.

What race do you expect him to turn up in COD?

Not a clue.

Hoping Turners.
 
Willie has suggested Too Bossy For Us will go to Cheltenham and, apparently, off camera, suggested he has the class for the Supreme. Then mentioned the Melbourne cup, too.

Nice little DRF review by Johnny Ward with Willie too. If you can catch it on RTV it's worth a watch. He's done well to get that much out of him given he normally can't escape from Gary quick enough.
Anything particularly interesting that stood out? Such as sounding like he was leaning towards a certain target with any of the big names?

Was waiting for racingtv to post the clip online but doesnt look like theyre going to.
 
Anything particularly interesting that stood out? Such as sounding like he was leaning towards a certain target with any of the big names?

Was waiting for racingtv to post the clip online but doesnt look like theyre going to.

They have done now. Nothing really stood out for me. But maybe it was because I was listening for Lossie and got nothing :LOL:
 
Anything particularly interesting that stood out? Such as sounding like he was leaning towards a certain target with any of the big names?

Was waiting for racingtv to post the clip online but doesnt look like theyre going to.
I thought it was interesting enough that Johnny brought up Leader D'Allier (the only horse he mentioned not at the DRF) and that Willie seemed quite responsive to the question. I could well be reading far too much into it, but I was quite pleased by the response as a backer.

Otherwise, he was emphatic about not giving up on Final Demand, but then he's hardly going to say otherwise.
 
  • Like
Reactions: BigChaang
I thought it was interesting enough that Johnny brought up Leader D'Allier (the only horse he mentioned not at the DRF) and that Willie seemed quite responsive to the question. I could well be reading far too much into it, but I was quite pleased by the response as a backer.

Otherwise, he was emphatic about not giving up on Final Demand, but then he's hardly going to say otherwise.
Do you think Jonny "stealing a living" Ward has backed leader d'allier also ? 🧐
What a wanky question to ask.

Willie and the yard will talk up a lot of their maiden winners going to the supreme and Turners so get ready to hold steady I say.
 
Do you think Jonny "stealing a living" Ward has backed leader d'allier also ? 🧐
What a wanky question to ask.

Willie and the yard will talk up a lot of their maiden winners going to the supreme and Turners so get ready to hold steady I say.
Yeah probably so. I like Johnny. Seems to get some good answers out of trainers and seeks out some you wouldn't normally hear from.
 
Yeah probably so. I like Johnny. Seems to get some good answers out of trainers and seeks out some you wouldn't normally hear from.
I don't watch him much to be fair, I was only joking cos I watched him on a cheltenham preview once and he was way off with facts and info it was untrue.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Exar Essay
Flutter taking a view on Mighty Park? Antepost

12s Supreme
11/2 Turners