• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Cheltenham - the odds on offer.

Bit of a drift with some for Ballyburn in Ballymore (and Supreme)
 
Plenty of changes happening things are warming up
 
Hmmmm bit of money for Impaire Et Passe for the Turners with PP/BF today 11/2 into 5s into 4s
 
…Oddschecker blue for Corbett Cross (BANC), now a best price 12-1. Also, Mr Policeman (Turners) appears into a best price 20-1.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Faugheen_Machine
….Constitution Hill now a best price evs for Champion Hurdle. 2-1 Arkle.
 
Yeah agreed
The mares is starting to give me a headache. I’d leave Lossiemouth at the price but GM could be a bet

Yeah I’m usually cautious about Juveniles in their first year in open company but I’ll definitely be getting Gala Marceau onboard now, even just for a bit of cover with Love Envois injury.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
Yeah I’m usually cautious about Juveniles in their first year in open company but I’ll definitely be getting Gala Marceau onboard now, even just for a bit of cover with Love Envois injury.

I'm still going to hold off backing her until I see what Willie does with his 3 Mares from last season. I don't anticipate her price dropping much more until we see her. I may actually top up on LE as IMO she's still way clear on form and the others have a way to go to bridge the gap and plenty to prove. LE's lay off could actually work in her favour as her record fresh is very good and we know that all roads lead to the Mares again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
No love for ashroe diamond for the mares? Not sure what the plans are, but I’d fancy her against the five year olds this season
 
I'm still going to hold off backing her until I see what Willie does with his 3 Mares from last season. I don't anticipate her price dropping much more until we see her. I may actually top up on LE as IMO she's still way clear on form and the others have a way to go to bridge the gap and plenty to prove. LE's lay off could actually work in her favour as her record fresh is very good and we know that all roads lead to the Mares again.


May get a decent price for LE come March if she comes back late and all of Mullins hopefuls have ran / won races / shortened in price

LE could be “forgotten” horse. Top fez form. Great second against a legend mare
 
May get a decent price for LE come March if she comes back late and all of Mullins hopefuls have ran / won races / shortened in price

LE could be “forgotten” horse. Top fez form. Great second against a legend mare

Not sure she'd ever be bigger than 12's. Willie's Mares will presumably be running against and beating each other as well. It's a tough one to call.
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
Obviously, had to tell but for me, I don’t see much love for LE
Drifted out to 11/1 on the day of the race despite her winning both her prep races well

Maybe she’ll get backed in and then drift back out - so yeah… 12/1 probably best
 
Have you not got GM covered at all?

LE and GM are the backbone of my Mares Hurdle bets so far. Zenta also features but I much prefer GM. I think she can improve quite a bit when she learns to race efficiently.

Lossiemouth doesn't look like she wants an extra 1/2 mile to me, but GM has already shown she gets it, and gets it well.

No, not yet and probably wont now. She was stuffed several times by Lossiemouth albeit over shorter and I'm not sure what to make of the French form. She and the others are the dreaded 5 years old as well come March and I'd rather side with the older more established horses at this point.
 
Is 5 year old a bad thing in this race (apologies if this has already been discussed). Apples Jade won it as a 5 yr old and that was against a peak VVM and Limini.

Love Envoi sets a decent standard but I don't think it's a level that can't be exceeded by a five year old.

Personally I don't think so. I think it's been overplayed on here.

The statistics since the races inception are not that bad, really.