• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2024 Cheltenham - the odds on offer.

Still there

URL]


​

Says Gaelic Warrior instead of IEP on the 125 one?
 
Says Gaelic Warrior instead of IEP on the 125 one?

oh my bad, yeah not sure where that ones gone then, as I initially requested both version a few weeks back and both were put up at 125/1
 
oh my bad, yeah not sure where that ones gone then, as I initially requested both version a few weeks back and both were put up at 125/1

Still equally appealing with GW I think
 
Re Ladbrokes machines....

7/1 gone on ADTS now in Supreme. Into 4's from 7's.

He's 10/1 for the Ballymore if anyone is interested. Same price (10/1) for Ballyburn which I believe is the biggest out there ?

Machines are definitely separate from online or shop prices.

Couldn't see anymore prices that were 'wrong'.
 
7/1ADTS was still available this morning.

My mate had another go and then the odds changed.
 
Re Ladbrokes machines....

7/1 gone on ADTS now in Supreme. Into 4's from 7's.

He's 10/1 for the Ballymore if anyone is interested. Same price (10/1) for Ballyburn which I believe is the biggest out there ?

Machines are definitely separate from online or shop prices.

Couldn't see anymore prices that were 'wrong'.

They sound like they’re all over the place with betting markets.
 
….Stay Away Fay into 10-1 (BANC) with PP/BFSB. 16-1 remains with 365 for AB winner.
 
Apologies if it’s been mentioned already but 12/1 about Love Envoi for the Mares Hurdle looks good to me. Pretty pointless at this stage but the current market seems weak & she won the mares novice two years ago & was a good second in a hot renewal behind the Honeymonster this year. So course form is as good as it gets. I don’t think last years novices are up to much that coupled with the juveniles usually taking a season to mature properly she is a touch overpriced in my book.

I’m rolling her up with Born Famous in the last at Aintree tomorrow!

Edit: I see it’s been well spotted already, my bad haven’t dipped in here in a while. Anyway waiting for an update on Born Famous from her previous handlers in Ireland. Will forward on the info if it’s positive.
 
Last edited:
….Vauban remains available @ 20-1 Champion Hurdle after winning on the flat at Royal Ascot.
 
….Vauban remains available @ 20-1 Champion Hurdle after winning on the flat at Royal Ascot.

Doubt we'll see him over hurdles again. I'd be very interested in a price for next year's Ascot Gold Cup.

Melbourne Cup this year is his main target though.
 
In the HRI registrations today, Bunting has been confirmed to be bought by Tony Bloom, highly likely to be heading to Closutton.

3yo and won impressively at Fontainbleu over 2200m, could be an early Triumph Hdle candidate.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HesTheOne
In the HRI registrations today, Bunting has been confirmed to be bought by Tony Bloom, highly likely to be heading to Closutton.

3yo and won impressively at Fontainbleu over 2200m, could be an early Triumph Hdle candidate.

Kargese another attractive Triumph contended confirmed to be with Mullins now as well.
 
Last edited:
Doubt we'll see him over hurdles again. I'd be very interested in a price for next year's Ascot Gold Cup.

Melbourne Cup this year is his main target though.

Spot on :encouragement:
They don't think hes good enough to be a Champion Hurdle horse next season hence the shift in focus. Can't get his jumping right, so you couldn't back him for any hurdle race ante as might not even jump one again

Melbourne been the 2 year plan (with 3 options beforehand) and all going well Gold Cup next year.
 
Spot on :encouragement:
They don't think hes good enough to be a Champion Hurdle horse next season hence the shift in focus. Can't get his jumping right, so you couldn't back him for any hurdle race ante as might not even jump one again

Melbourne been the 2 year plan (with 3 options beforehand) and all going well Gold Cup next year.

Any early whispers re: Gaelic Warrior’s plans regarding the big or small obstacles R4H? I appreciate Willie won’t have have even given it a moments consideration yet so I’m desperately enquiring as a man clutching at too big a BANC positional straw!
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Run4Home
Any early whispers re: Gaelic Warrior’s plans regarding the big or small obstacles R4H? I appreciate Willie won’t have have even given it a moments consideration yet so I’m desperately enquiring as a man clutching at too big a BANC positional straw!

No, one of those which usually no decision are made until November with the schooling sessions.
Seems to be mixed feelings, Willie v the rest :biggrin-new:

Only 2 races Rich wants though Melbourne Cup and Gold Cup - GW his best bullet at the latter for awhile! Something to bear in mind anyway.