• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Stayers Hurdle

Doing alright on the forum with finding something outside of Flooring Porter :highly_amused:

Bob Olinger
Langer Dan
Might I

All been beat!

I threw Proschema into a small Multi today , Has an entry at newbury next friday 3m Long distance hurdle .
Not looking good for the Above three . although i rewatched the replay earlier and Might I was stopped completely after the last and managed 7th .
so give him another chance.....
.Henry still seem's to think that 3miles is what bob want's . again in a small multi at this stage , .
Wait and see , what entries Langer dan gets .... got him as a small single .
But , yes could be F.p's to Lose at this stage ??.
 
….ahead of the Morgiana, I noticed Mullins saying Saldier needs further these days. He did try him over 3m last Christmas but was pulled up early after a few mistakes.
 
Last edited:
….ahead of the Morgiana, I noticed Mullins saying Saldier needs further these days. He did try him over 3m last Christmas but was pulled up early after a few mistakes.

I reckon he might surprise today
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
While agreeing that you wouldn't back him with cash until NRNB, I think it's quite significant that Blazing Khal has been steady at 6/1 even after the injury announcement. It suggests that the money which took him in from 8/1 came from the right faces.
 
While agreeing that you wouldn't back him with cash until NRNB, I think it's quite significant that Blazing Khal has been steady at 6/1 even after the injury announcement. It suggests that the money which took him in from 8/1 came from the right faces.

Exchange tells a different story.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Atlantic Viking
Going to put this here and in the Gold Cup thread - Shark Hanlon on Hewick - RP Members:

All is great with him. He's on a break with TJ [McDonald, owner] and will come back to me on January 1. We'll prepare him then for Cheltenham and he'll go without a run beforehand.

He deserves a break, even if it is only six or seven weeks, after a great year and you're only roughly ten weeks to Cheltenham when he comes back in. We can look to do a breeze or two at some of the tracks or point-to-point courses.

The Stayers' Hurdle is an option for him at Cheltenham – it's an open division and I'm not sure it's great – so I'll definitely be giving him an entry for that and the Gold Cup. We'd love to have a runner in the Gold Cup but if I thought he'd win the Stayers' Hurdle, I'd have nothing against going there either.
 
….Hewick a best price 33-1 for this with Hills, 20-1 elsewhere.
 
Yep. Absolutely no point whatsoever getting involved until the week itself as he'll be a backable price whatever he goes for.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
…..a few ‘win today & Stayers’ offers with Sky for the Long Walk Hurdle;

Proschema 33-1
Champ 40-1
Paisley Park 66-1
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho
Cracking race between two former Cheltenham winners there. Can't have either for the festival, but they delivered a belter there.
 
Love PP, what a horse.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Thyme hill will surely go back over hurdles now after being hammered by mcfabulous today over fences

Jumping fences looks a real effort for him

And there is zero strength in the British staying hurdles division

He could easily win a good pot or two back over hurdles

wouldnt be surprised at all if he lined up in the long walk hurdle in a few weeks time

Unlikely he wins this but at 25s could easily be a trading opportunity
 
  • Like
Reactions: opatcho