• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Novice Hurdlers

Could be yes

I don't see Willie running both gaelic and grangeclare in the lawlors of naas

And with grangeclare not being entered in the Limerick 3 mile grade 2 id think hes very likely to be running at naas

Lawlors looks right for Grangeclare West as they don’t seem to be sure on his trip yet.
 
Nicky Henderson dead set on Luccia for the Tolworth.

Too early to presume that means a setback for Jet Powered? Wasn't mentioned in his Christmas runners video...

Or could JP head to Haydock for the Supreme trial? Jonbon route...
 
Any chance they go the Galopin Des Champs route with Gaelic Warrior if Grangeclare West wins the Lawlors easy?

​
 
Altobelli running tomorrow, 50s for the supreme. Andy holding put it up a while ago
​
 
  • Like
Reactions: Magpie
Nicky Henderson dead set on Luccia for the Tolworth.

Too early to presume that means a setback for Jet Powered? Wasn't mentioned in his Christmas runners video...

Or could JP head to Haydock for the Supreme trial? Jonbon route...

Yep I posted weeks ago that this could be her next target ....makes complete sense bearing in mind her bumper performance on deep ground at the track.

Could be some race if Authorised speed and tahmuras both pitch up as well. Were she to win the tasty supreme exchange prices generally available would look even tastier....the folks that have been laying these bets must have bigger balls than carberry. I know it’s not hendos mo to run a mare in the supreme but I doubt it’s his mo to run mares in the tolworth either.
 
Patrick puts up 3 maidens to keep an eye on over christmas:

Parmenion
Shanbally Kid
Alastor

First 2 been talking horses on here for a while, especially parmenion I believe they chose vauban over him as their triumph horse last year, not heard anything about Alastor though
 
  • Like
Reactions: JamieSensible
Yep I posted weeks ago that this could be her next target ....makes complete sense bearing in mind her bumper performance on deep ground at the track.

Could be some race if Authorised speed and tahmuras both pitch up as well. Were she to win the tasty supreme exchange prices generally available would look even tastier....the folks that have been laying these bets must have bigger balls than carberry. I know it’s not hendos mo to run a mare in the supreme but I doubt it’s his mo to run mares in the tolworth either.

seem to remember Nicholls naming the tolworth for hermes allen as well
 
Patrick puts up 3 maidens to keep an eye on over christmas:

Parmenion
Shanbally Kid
Alastor

First 2 been talking horses on here for a while, especially parmenion I believe they chose vauban over him as their triumph horse last year, not heard anything about Alastor though

I can’t get on board with Alastor but it could bite me. His breeding makes my brain twitch.
 
Nicky Henderson dead set on Luccia for the Tolworth.

Too early to presume that means a setback for Jet Powered? Wasn't mentioned in his Christmas runners video...

Or could JP head to Haydock for the Supreme trial? Jonbon route...

JP is fine. He'll run somewhere else in the NY.
Nicky hinted that Luccia is the best of all his current crop. Perhaps she'll end up his Supreme horse.
 
I can’t get on board with Alastor but it could bite me. His breeding makes my brain twitch.

Was just about to post exactly the same thing....no way I’d want to part with a penny until I see how he jumps around other horses and at speed.
 
Il have a right strop if hendo runs luccia in the Supreme

Full on tantrum :boxing:
 
If Luccia is destined for the Tolworth, and wins.
The Supreme has to come into the equation, especially if one of his other mares looks very good. And he has no serious geldings.
The related double's might be worth small stakes. maybe between waters or horsewithnoname.
Sky go 40-1 supreme for Luccia.
 
Interested to see how firestream gets on tomorrow. Very impressive on his hurdles debut and has the right sire for Cheltenham out of a dam that finished third to quevega in a mares hurdle.
 
Too early to presume that means a setback for Jet Powered? Wasn't mentioned in his Christmas runners video...

I seen a screenshot of a Q&A with Nicky today re: Jet Powered. To summarise…he’s a active/busy horse & he’s not in any great rush with him, he didn’t do a lot with him before Newbury & he’ll have come on a lot for the run, will be out in the new year. He also dampened expectations somewhat by saying he’s not sure he’s in the same league as his previous best two mile novices currently.
 
Interested to see how firestream gets on tomorrow. Very impressive on his hurdles debut and has the right sire for Cheltenham out of a dam that finished third to quevega in a mares hurdle.

Yes I was quite taken with his performance last time too. Should be interesting to see if he can follow up. Played him tomorrow in a small stake double with Inedit Star, just out of interest in the Irish Point form from France.