• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Mares Novice Hurdle

Bookies seem fairly impressed with Lot of Joy there. Trimmed with most - they're cutting for finishing second now then...
 
Bookies seem fairly impressed with Lot of Joy there. Trimmed with most - they're cutting for finishing second now then...

2 1/2m soft ground and stiff finish probably too much for her there. A drop back and better ground will help. She'll need to improve again though.
 
2 1/2m soft ground and stiff finish probably too much for her there. A drop back and better ground will help. She'll need to improve again though.

I get that angle but Denise cutting her from 16/1 to 10/1 for that is rancid.
 
Pink in the park entered for the mares hurdle at fairyhouse on sunday, same one in which allegorie de vassy won last year, over the same course and distance as the solerina.
 
I'm really excited by Luccia and she is a strong bet for me. I have less than 1pt on her as a single so am curious how many points would make it a proper one for you? A proper bet for me is 1pt as that is my average cash stake.

For Cheltenham I’d do something like 15-20 points a race split across maybe 3 or 4 antepost and on the day. And if I fancy one massive like Gaelic last year, I’d have something like 30 points on the one horse.

My betting for Cheltenham deliberately dwarfs everything else. That’s always been my MO.
 
Credrojava beating She's a Saint at Taunton just then, slight knock to the Luccia form?
 
Credrojava beating She's a Saint at Taunton just then, slight knock to the Luccia form?

Possibly. On the flip side, think you could argue they pulled a long way clear of third and Harry Skelton got the fractions wrong and kicked on too early maybe...
 
Just Listening to a Podcast - Champ - new year preview , Talking to Adrian Heskin .
He said Magical Zoe , they Like her alot , going to have a break and then possibly one run .
Or even straight to the Mares Nov Hdl.
 
Just Listening to a Podcast - Champ - new year preview , Talking to Adrian Heskin .
He said Magical Zoe , they Like her alot , going to have a break and then possibly one run .
Or even straight to the Mares Nov Hdl.

She’s the best we’ve seen imo of the mares. Was surprised to her price drift a couple points with firms.

Would rather she had another run before going straight to Cheltenham.

More annoyed I didn’t get her onboard prior to her second run as she won at 16/1 that day and won well.
 
Nico jocked up on Between Waters at Hereford on Wednesday over the guts of 2m6f. All her entries over the last few weeks have been north of 2m4f also Hereford wouldn’t be a usual starting point for Nicky’s better novices.

I know the mares novice takes some staying over the new course but I’ve got my concerns he’s interested in targeting this race with her. Anyone else in the same boat?
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
I’m just glad to see her taking up an entry
 
Nico jocked up on Between Waters at Hereford on Wednesday over the guts of 2m6f. All her entries over the last few weeks have been north of 2m4f also Hereford wouldn’t be a usual starting point for Nicky’s better novices.

I know the mares novice takes some staying over the new course but I’ve got my concerns he’s interested in targeting this race with her. Anyone else in the same boat?

Not declared for Hereford. BHA showing as entered again over 2m5 at Wincanton on Saturday...