• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Mares Novice Hurdle

I thought that was a really nice performance from Kudasheva - over 2 miles in 'weaker' company she'd still be competitive, so 25/1 is fair enough.

I don't think Luccia would have won that race today :lemo:

Luccia almost certainly wouldn't beat grangeclare west over 2m4f on heavy ground

Fortunately this race is 2m1f on spring ground against mares and she looks to have every chance on what we know having won in a good time very easily.

I wouldn't take the 4/1 though that seems a bit tight. 6 or 7s the shortest I'd even consider for her this far out. As usual the bookies taking no chances.
 
Luccia almost certainly wouldn't beat grangeclare west over 2m4f on heavy ground

Fortunately this race is 2m1f on spring ground against mares and she looks to have every chance on what we know having won in a good time very easily.

I wouldn't take the 4/1 though that seems a bit tight. 6 or 7s the shortest I'd even consider for her this far out. As usual the bookies taking no chances.

Yeah that's fair enough, my point was more around highlighting that it was a good run today ... beating tree's at 4/1 might not be as useful as having had a proper race and coming 3rd to a very good'un.

I'm on Luccia from the bet I think lost me my 365 account, so she owes me a win :miserable:


I just wouldn't rule out Kudasheva - I'd actually consider backing her at 25/1 (if I hadn't already) - although wouldn't be any rush, see where she's entered next time and the make up of that race etc
 
Mares Novice Hurdle winning rprs
love envoi 138 rpr
TMSG 143 rpr
Concertista 145 rpr
Eds 138 rpr
Laurina 154 rpr
Let's dance 146 rpr
limini 148 rpr

Ahorsewithnoname 133 (when 2nd in mares novice)
The model kingdom 133
Luccia 132
Magical zoe 128
Deeply superficial 126
Ashroe diamond 116

Be interesting to see how Luccia progresses, I'd be dissapointed if she wasn't bang there
 
Lovely run from Kudasheva for me. Made all the running and simply ran out of puff in the end with a dodgy last hurdle. Bodes really well in a race that is 3 furlongs shorter against her own sex.
25/1 is a no brainer IMO.

​​​​​​​
 
25/1 is a no brainer IMO.
I hate that term. You could argue that 'no brainers' are for people with no brains.

I can't see Kudasheva turning up next March. From PtPs and starting out by leading out in a 2m4f race, it feels like they don't see her stepping back in trip. In my view, more likely to be aimed at the Fairyhouse G1 at Easter.
 
I hate that term. You could argue that 'no brainers' are for people with no brains.

I can't see Kudasheva turning up next March. From PtPs and starting out by leading out in a 2m4f race, it feels like they don't see her stepping back in trip. In my view, more likely to be aimed at the Fairyhouse G1 at Easter.

Not think the naming of the race means if she has any chance at being around that grade, they'll throw another dart at it? I'm of that opinion anyway.
 
Not think the naming of the race means if she has any chance at being around that grade, they'll throw another dart at it? I'm of that opinion anyway.

Completely agree. Henry has already said he’s going to go mob handed. Can’t see them holding back any viable candidates
 
Let me guess, Magical Zoe form :highly_amused:
 
In the Irish Field today, owners of Magical Zoe:

"Magical Zoe is likely to head straight to the Cheltenham Festival in March. If all goes right, then we'll be going for the Jack de Bromhead Mares' Novice Hurdle and it would be truly magical if we could win that race for the family."
 
  • Like
Reactions: isitmarchyet
In the Irish Field today, owners of Magical Zoe:

"Magical Zoe is likely to head straight to the Cheltenham Festival in March. If all goes right, then we'll be going for the Jack de Bromhead Mares' Novice Hurdle and it would be truly magical if we could win that race for the family."

Magical news to my ears , R.T.Chelt's/ :encouragement:.
 
In the Irish Field today, owners of Magical Zoe:

"Magical Zoe is likely to head straight to the Cheltenham Festival in March. If all goes right, then we'll be going for the Jack de Bromhead Mares' Novice Hurdle and it would be truly magical if we could win that race for the family."

Would be lovely if this happened. Must be oh so hard for both Henry and Rachel to go to work every day with poor Jack heavy on their minds. Don't know how they do it. Desperate stuff.
 
Halka du tabert entered in a mares maiden hurdle at Naas on Thursday.
 
Between Waters got an entry at Newbury next Wednesday. First time I've seen her with one... But may have missed a previous. A good sign at least.

Henderson could end up with a very, very strong hand in the MNH.
 
Between Waters got an entry at Newbury next Wednesday. First time I've seen her with one... But may have missed a previous. A good sign at least.

She's also got an entry at Ffos Las over 2m on Thurs, looks like shes ready to be out! :bee:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
I'm looking forward to seeing Between Waters too ! , hope the wait is worth it , :cheerful:.
 
  • Like
Reactions: On The Fringe
She's entered at Ascot Friday too! Clearly keen to get her out... Lets hope temps have got a bit milder by the end of the week
 
….Halka du Tabert into a best price 16-1 (Hills) for this after winning this afternoon.
 
  • Like
Reactions: KickOnMyCockers
As Eggs rightly pointed out Mares have their own thread so moved this here. Bloody women pft!

Gordon Elliott’s Halka Du Tabert followed up a bumper win by making most of the running in the Care At Home Services Mares Maiden Hurdle under Jack Kennedy.

Mullins’ Eabha Grace was the evens favourite but having briefly looked a threat, she had no answer to the 5-2 winner close home, going down by 11 lengths.

“She’s a nice mare. She has a good, high cruising speed but just gallops at the back of it and I told Jack to make plenty of use of her today,” said Elliott.

“I liked from the second last to the line the way she galloped. I’d say she’s smart.

“She might go next for the Solerina in Fairyhouse at the end of January.”

​
 
….Halka du Tabert into a best price 16-1 (Hills) for this after winning this afternoon.


….14-1 now.

Deeply Superficial out to 12-1 after defeat today, I wonder how they stack in the Elliott pecking order.
 
Last edited: