• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Mares Novice Hurdle

I couldn't fault that as a hurdles debut. She sets a decent standard.
 
Jumped at pace Aswel as Skelton didn’t take any prisoners. And dossed infront making you think lots still under the bonnet
 
Loved the way she seemed to doss a bit, one crack and readily picked up. Impressed by that.
 
Time was 12 seconds quicker than Jet Powered yesterday
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs
Time was 12 seconds quicker than Jet Powered yesterday

Today's race was run much faster than jet powered race was

That's all that tells us

skelton set a visibly fast pace from the get go, whereas lots of horses ran keen at the start yesterday as they went slow
 
Hope a few got on at the 25/1 with hills I highlighted a few months back

She should have a huge chance

Had that awful thing today where convinced I had backed as a single, was scouring apps and tracker only to find in a few doubles as opposed to a single…devastating

great shout at those prices and good luck to all on already, missed the boat for mine so might have to try a dreaded roll up along the way…. :suspicion:
 
Any news on Between Waters? lol think I've backed the wrong one

I’d like to see an entry soon. Hard to know with Nicky he doesn’t really have system he follows with his novice mares unlike the geldings.
 
Had that awful thing today where convinced I had backed as a single, was scouring apps and tracker only to find in a few doubles as opposed to a single…devastating

great shout at those prices and good luck to all on already, missed the boat for mine so might have to try a dreaded roll up along the way…. :suspicion:

Just back her at 4's. Still a decent price. Forget the roll ups.
 
Kudasheva goes today over 2m4f. Up against Grangeclare West. Interesting entry with the 2m Mares Novice Hurdle in mind.
 
Kudasheva goes today over 2m4f. Up against Grangeclare West. Interesting entry with the 2m Mares Novice Hurdle in mind.

Last 3 winners all raced over further than 2m prior to Cheltenham and Henry started Honeysuckle and Telmesomethinggirl over 2m4. The 2m1f can take some getting.

Decent race to start her in - Firm Footings and Summer Melody have some decent looking form, My Trump Card is nicely bred and Grangeclare West could be anything.
 
Kudasheva goes today over 2m4f. Up against Grangeclare West. Interesting entry with the 2m Mares Novice Hurdle in mind.

I’m still of the opinion that the PTP mares are not going to be the most prolific in this race.
 
I thought that was a really nice performance from Kudasheva - over 2 miles in 'weaker' company she'd still be competitive, so 25/1 is fair enough.

I don't think Luccia would have won that race today :lemo:
 
I thought that was a really nice performance from Kudasheva - over 2 miles in 'weaker' company she'd still be competitive, so 25/1 is fair enough.

I don't think Luccia would have won that race today :lemo:

Lovely performance against what looks to be a grade 1 winner in waiting to my eyes. Set out from the off to make it a test aswell and no doubt Henry will have her on the boat to the mares novice as its in his sons' name.

Probably going to get a bit of a hit for this but, I wasn't that impressed with Luccia yesterday. She's a saint won't be seeing which way they go in a mares novice hurdle, 4/1 is particularly disgusting. :lemo:
 
I thought that was a really nice performance from Kudasheva - over 2 miles in 'weaker' company she'd still be competitive, so 25/1 is fair enough.

I don't think Luccia would have won that race today :lemo:

A good comment.
An exercise worth doing sometimes, (picturing another horse in a race) as it can provide perspective. Even if it's imaginary :highly_amused:

FWIW - I 100% agree.
Luccia can get fucked (at the current price's :highly_amused::devilish:)