• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Bumper

Who you thinking lobos?

I'm surprised Chapeau didn't get the declaration today for Wednesdays bumper but there's still Thursdays bumper he could go for.

Interesting that Ile Atlantique is the one chosen by Mullins for Wednesday.

One of Chapeau, Better Days Ahead or KOK
 
One of Chapeau, Better Days Ahead or KOK

Obviously it isn't as straight forward as last year of just backing Facile Vega :welcoming: Hard to workout to pecking order of Mullins ones at the moment. Chapeau probably the best that's been out so far. Better Days Ahead much better second time out, probably due to Elliott leaving work to be done on them. So will be interesting to see KOK next time out.
 
Especially as he is ineligible for the Champion Bumper.

Ohhh yeah i see, i've overlooked that I must say. Get the feeling that Chapeau could be the one but you'd really want to see him round Leopards for a fair idea of his ability. KOK's form wasnt exactly boosted today with Faulty not winning.
 
No Chapeau in the bumper

Cato Capone
Caldwell Potter
KOK
Special Cadeau
Lecky Watson

Codd is on Caldwell, am I right in thinking he doesn't ride many of giggys? So may not necessarily had the choice?
 
No Chapeau in the bumper

Cato Capone
Caldwell Potter
KOK
Special Cadeau
Lecky Watson

Codd is on Caldwell, am I right in thinking he doesn't ride many of giggys? So may not necessarily had the choice?

I remember a bit of debate about this last year when Codd rode Braeside ahead of the Festival. But then he ended up on Run Wild Fred in the NHC. Not sure what to make of that other than it is not a strict rule if it is one.
 
I remember a bit of debate about this last year when Codd rode Braeside ahead of the Festival. But then he ended up on Run Wild Fred in the NHC. Not sure what to make of that other than it is not a strict rule if it is one.

And rode KOK in his debut bumper. So I’d say he’s chosen the ride.
 
I know he's associated with a bookie, but Ruby seems pretty confident on Fact To File putting up a good showing today, likes what he's seen at home, and also said he wasn't entirely for DIAYT yesterday from his homework.
 
I know he's associated with a bookie, but Ruby seems pretty confident on Fact To File putting up a good showing today, likes what he's seen at home, and also said he wasn't entirely for DIAYT yesterday from his homework.

Weapon. He’s the one.

In all seriousness, I wrote a piece on him just after the season ended, putting him up as my Ballymore horse as I thought they’d skip bumpers. I’m still confident he’ll make the grade in bumpers though as he has a bit of everything.
 
Pick the bones out of that then. Loved what he found off the bridle. He’ll love the hill. But is that form really good enough? Needed every yard of 2m4f too.

20/1 best price now. I think that’s very fair.
 
Last edited:
Pick the bones out of that then. Loved what he found off the bridle. He’ll love the hill. But is that form really good enough?

Can’t really judge the form to be fair. It is a head scratcher. I think they went a good pace. I liked the way he put his head down. He was a bit green. Agree he’d like a strong finish at Cheltenham. I wasn’t blown away but maybe I always want bumper horses to win doing handstands. He’s in the mix but nothing more.
 
Bumpers looking very open. If Elliott got Down Memory Lane into a bumper or Henry with Barry the Butcher or Killaney King targeted the bumper, any of those would be better than the ones we have seen out so far.
 
Bumpers looking very open. If Elliott got Down Memory Lane into a bumper or Henry with Barry the Butcher or Killaney King targeted the bumper, any of those would be better than the ones we have seen out so far.

I must say, watching DIAYT cross the line yesterday, I did think Henry just be tempted to get a run into BTB and then give him a dart at the Champion Bumper.
 
Bumpers looking very open. If Elliott got Down Memory Lane into a bumper or Henry with Barry the Butcher or Killaney King targeted the bumper, any of those would be better than the ones we have seen out so far.

Based on their points they might be but that doesn’t always translate to bumpers, as we’ve seen so far.
 
…..20-1 still available for FTF.