• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Bumper

Asked but came back with the typical we aren't offering anything on 2024 races yet, probably because they've had their pants pulled down with the facile vega one

Ah, thanks - not surprised but worth asking!
 
It's still happening now. Ridiculously low at 12s with 365 now.

16's still available with Hills on DIAYT if anyone still wants to hack him. Just looked at the Leopardstown race.....it looks bloody awful so he should be winning that comfortably.
 
Fact To File also declared on 27th at Leopardstown. Don’t let the distance worry you. He’s going to be a weapon.

Do you think he'll stay over bumpers or late introduction to novice hurdles like The Nice Guy?
 
Do you think he'll stay over bumpers or late introduction to novice hurdles like The Nice Guy?

I think Bumpers now. I thought he’d skip bumpers this season but now they’ve started I think they’ll see it through.
 
Asked but came back with the typical we aren't offering anything on 2024 races yet, probably because they've had their pants pulled down with the facile vega one


…..Did I Ask You That; 33-1 Bally with PP.
 
Last edited:
edit - Eggs beat me again!

….sorry, Matey. Really good work on the requests.

Surprised ‘Did I Ask You That’ isn’t in the win today list. I expect a price will be offered but he’s into 12-1 from 16s now with Hills so any chance of a decent offer might have gone.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mighty
DIAYT is now 12/1 with Sky - was 16/1 this afternoon. I’d requested a win today bet with them, but the price will be smaller than I’d hoped.
 
18 and 18.5 available on Betfair Exchange for DIAYT
 
Anyone heard anything about Barry The Butcher? Not taking up his entry is am obvious worry, the longer it goes on the longer it feels like they'll leave him be til next season, especially given the stable is hardly renowned for bumper types.
 
Anyone heard anything about Barry The Butcher? Not taking up his entry is am obvious worry, the longer it goes on the longer it feels like they'll leave him be til next season, especially given the stable is hardly renowned for bumper types.

Not heard anything specific, but imagine he'll follow the HdB stable routine for their best bumper horse. PTP winners bumper at Gowran in March before being put away until novice hurdling next year
 
Not heard anything specific, but imagine he'll follow the HdB stable routine for their best bumper horse. PTP winners bumper at Gowran in March before being put away until novice hurdling next year

The Gowran Bumper is usually contested by an autumn PTP winner I.e next years bumper will be contested by a horse purchased in the last month or so. Think it was Denman Sacre who first pointed this out.

Id guess it might be Mahons Way for Chevely next year.
 
  • Like
Reactions: RoadToCheltenham
The Gowran Bumper is usually contested by an autumn PTP winner I.e next years bumper will be contested by a horse purchased in the last month or so. Think it was Denman Sacre who first pointed this out.

Id guess it might be Mahons Way for Chevely next year.

Henry's also got Killaney King and Zefiro Dodville. His ammo next year could be ridiculous.
 
….Did I Ask You That 25-1 (without boost) in Hills ‘win today’ market.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lobos
….Did I Ask You That 25-1 (without boost) in Hills ‘win today’ market.

Can make this 50/1 with the double odds boost for those wondering probably the best way to get him on side
 
  • Like
Reactions: Eggs