• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2023 Browns Advisory Novices Chase (formerly RSA)

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
Paddy 'Mad' Merrigan it was Kev, former jockey although looks to have put up plenty overweight in the past few years. He has his own patreon service and is quite a laugh at times on Facebook when he goes live to bash the 'vermin' bookies:excitement:

Hasn't shut up about TRW for ages now, although I'm sure he is, in some way, associated with the P.Neville yard, has posted some selfies at the yard a fair few times, maybe rides out there?

Mad by name mad by nature!
 
Have they said The Real Whacker is 100% coming here - weren't they also contemplating the Gold Cup?
 
Have they said The Real Whacker is 100% coming here - weren't they also contemplating the Gold Cup?

No don't think so.

Hard to imagine they'd go Gold Cup unless Galopin Des Champs wasn't declared though
 
Gainford stays on Gerri, GE confirmed on Racing TV
 
:culpability:

Would have preferred Davy.


What odds if JordyG

No way, Gainford has been very competent on him this season, he’s a very uncomplicated ride too. Have faith in the youth. He’s heading up the next generation of Irish star jocks!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Irish Rugby
No way, Gainford has been very competent on him this season, he’s a very uncomplicated ride too. Have faith in the youth. He’s heading up the next generation of Irish star jocks!

"no way"

We're talking about Davy Russell.... not a no hoper.

I would prefer the MULTPLE G1 winning jockey than Jordan Gainford.



I've not said anything that extreme..... I haven't even said I don't think he's good, or will gho on to be great.



Just Davy Russell is top 5 of all time over fences at Cheltenham/
 
"no way"

We're talking about Davy Russell.... not a no hoper.

I would prefer the MULTPLE G1 winning jockey than Jordan Gainford.



I've not said anything that extreme..... I haven't even said I don't think he's good, or will gho on to be great.



Just Davy Russell is top 5 of all time over fences at Cheltenham/

In all honesty 7lb claimer could steer Gerri well around in the BANC , he travels & jumps. He’s got the temperament of a pony. Gainford will announce himself into the big time in 10 days time Kev. Davy is as reliable as they come but I see no disadvantage in Jordan over Davy for the Gerri ride!
 
If the rain does come and there is any kind of soft in the going can see him going off 6/5-5/4
 
If the rain does come and there is any kind of soft in the going can see him going off 6/5-5/4

If it goes soft i’m all over Galia Des Liteaux ew. I’m just debating about whether to play now at 14/1 with 3 places or wait until the day? Will there be enough runners for some bookies to go 4 places on the day? And will her price hold at double figures if soft?
 
If the rain does come and there is any kind of soft in the going can see him going off 6/5-5/4

I sincerely hope so, he’d be my biggest ever winning single by a long stretch & have as the lynchpin in a rake of multis at 33/1 including a big double with Mighty Potter 12/1 & a yankee with Blazing Khal at the same prices.

Let it rain!
 
In all honesty 7lb claimer could steer Gerri well around in the BANC , he travels & jumps. He’s got the temperament of a pony. Gainford will announce himself into the big time in 10 days time Kev. Davy is as reliable as they come but I see no disadvantage in Jordan over Davy for the Gerri ride!

Haha, well I hope so.... I am very confident despite the classic 'hedging' that I've done.... but my return on Gerri is already good enough that I don't need to have Spectre proving me wrong...

Although in my defensive, every time we've had a big clash I think I've been right :devilish:

#Ginto vs HollowGames and #MyDrogo a bag of dung spring to mind :loyal:
 
Haha, well I hope so.... I am very confident despite the classic 'hedging' that I've done.... but my return on Gerri is already good enough that I don't need to have Spectre proving me wrong...

Although in my defensive, every time we've had a big clash I think I've been right :devilish:

#Ginto vs HollowGames and #MyDrogo a bag of dung spring to mind :loyal:

I suspect Spectre isn’t on at 33/1. I can understand opposing him with Sir Gerhard at current odds but The Real Whacker will make it a proper stamina test that I can only see benefiting Gerri!
 
I suspect Spectre isn’t on at 33/1. I can understand opposing him with Sir Gerhard at current odds but The Real Whacker will make it a proper stamina test that I can only see benefiting Gerri!

Yeah I think he will just do enough... it's his attitude I like the most.

Knowing a horse will find for pressure is a big, big tick for a festival graded race for moi


TBF I'm sure Spectre has a decent price :eagerness:
 
Sir gerhard is a brutal price

His price just shows how little depth there is in the race
 
Sir gerhard is a brutal price

His price just shows how little depth there is in the race

Is it really? A 2x festival winner against 'the real whacker', a veteran thyme hill who won a rubbish Kauto star and was well found out previously, and thunder rock who isnt a g1 horse.

On the day I can see him being a solid 5/2 2nd fav and that would be priced around right behind Gerri, who looks to have a great chance of winning it bar the ground concern.
 
Yeah I think he will just do enough... it's his attitude I like the most.

Knowing a horse will find for pressure is a big, big tick for a festival graded race for moi


TBF I'm sure Spectre has a decent price :eagerness:

I can’t totally understand the argument based on SG previous festival form but you can’t judge Gerri based on his form up to this season, it’s blatantly obvious Gordon has been playing the long game with him.

Sir Gerhard bullied horses as a bumper horse he’d remind you of the type of fella that was shaving as a 12 year old schoolboy then he won a poor Ballymore last year running with the choke out all the way, he won’t be able to do that this season.