• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2022 Novice Hurdle Division

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
Have requested a price twar with skybet, see what they say, they weren't willing to price up anything yesterday for 2022/2023 doubles so not holding out much hope to be honest

Added at 12/1 !!!! Disgraceful price. Really interested in the Novice Mares Hurdle price. 25's plus would be fair I'd say.
 
Added at 12/1 !!!! Disgraceful price.

….much in keeping with this years markets.

I do wonder if it’s best keeping powder dry until they run & try & catch them in the ‘win today’ market for a bit more value.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: Alexmilton
Does anybody know who's training any of theses? Hoping to do profiles for them all at some point although they tend to work better when I know who's training them :D

Ex-French jumpers, registered as exported to GB

Message Personnel
Ramure
Tanganyika
Kotmask

French bumpers - exported to Ireland
In Excess
Il Etait Temps

Listed in Triumph markets, was with Joseph Tuite but is no longer registered with him on BHA ratings site.
Gentleman Joe

Many thanks for any assistance that can be offered.
 
Does anybody know who's training any of theses? Hoping to do profiles for them all at some point although they tend to work better when I know who's training them :D

Ex-French jumpers, registered as exported to GB

Message Personnel
Ramure
Tanganyika
Kotmask

French bumpers - exported to Ireland
In Excess
Il Etait Temps

Listed in Triumph markets, was with Joseph Tuite but is no longer registered with him on BHA ratings site.
Gentleman Joe

Many thanks for any assistance that can be offered.

I can't help I'm afraid K but the preview books will be out soon and the authors will have that info....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kotkijet and Eggs
Does anybody know who's training any of theses? Hoping to do profiles for them all at some point although they tend to work better when I know who's training them :D

Ex-French jumpers, registered as exported to GB

Message Personnel
Ramure
Tanganyika
Kotmask

French bumpers - exported to Ireland
In Excess
Il Etait Temps

Listed in Triumph markets, was with Joseph Tuite but is no longer registered with him on BHA ratings site.
Gentleman Joe

Many thanks for any assistance that can be offered.

Message Personnel - Dan Skelton
Ramure - Stuart Edmunds
Tanganyika - Venetia Williams
Kotmask - Gary Moore
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kotkijet
Message Personnel - Dan Skelton
Ramure - Stuart Edmunds
Tanganyika - Venetia Williams
Kotmask - Gary Moore

You utter legend! Thank you so much :)

Will be interesting to see what Stuart Edmunds can get out of Ramure...

I can't help I'm afraid K but the preview books will be out soon and the authors will have that info....

That does remind me I should keep an eye out for OJA!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Bonjers
Sneak peak of a page of the Jumpers To Follow book (if you click and zoom in!)

https://twitter.com/paulfergusonJTF/...37423719211020

Have to say that 'shallwehaveonemore' has gone completely under my radar. Any thoughts? Same owner as Goshen and Fifty Ball, won the bumper that Shishkin and Mister Fisher have won in recent times. 50's for the Supreme.
 
Last edited:
Have to say that 'shallwehaveonemore' has gone completely under my radar. Any thoughts? Same owner as Goshen and Fifty Ball, won the bumper that Shishkin and Mister Fisher have won in recent times. 50's for the Supreme.

The form of that Kempton race looks terrible, but I know the runner up was expected to win that day and they thought/think he could be a decent animal so perhaps time will prove me wrong.
The cynic in me tells me the horse will get a series of duck eggs then pop up in a valuable handicap somewhere, it wouldn't seem likely to me that he could have a Supreme horse on his hands but that's just a personal feel...
 
The form of that Kempton race looks terrible

In the interests of fairness, the first 4 home have still only had that run! 5th well behind, visually it looked decent. You can look at the form for the race Shishkin won, which looks horrendous, but we all know how that went.
Not one i'm in a huge rush to get onside but thought it worth bringing up. I'm not a particularly big Gary Moore fan!
 
Last edited:
In the interests of fairness, the first 4 home have still only had that run! 5th well behind, visually it looked decent. You can look at the form for the race Shishkin won, which looks horrendous, but we all know how that went.
Not one i'm in a huge rush to get onside but thought it worth bringing up. I'm not a particularly big Gary Moore fan!

Yes that's fair, it was the RPRs influencing me, but as I said I know the Hendo horse was expected to win and if he fulfils the potential they believe he has then the pair could end up decent animals.
Question, because I don't know the answer, has Moore ever won a festival race ? I can't recall one...
 
In the interests of fairness, the first 4 home have still only had that run! 5th well behind, visually it looked decent. You can look at the form for the race Shishkin won, which looks horrendous, but we all know how that went.
Not one i'm in a huge rush to get onside but thought it worth bringing up. I'm not a particularly big Gary Moore fan!

Im a very big Gary Moore fan......
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsKpazeA5L8
 
Yes that's fair, it was the RPRs influencing me, but as I said I know the Hendo horse was expected to win and if he fulfils the potential they believe he has then the pair could end up decent animals.
Question, because I don't know the answer, has Moore ever won a festival race ? I can't recall one...

Sire de Grugy, Queen Mother
 
You utter legend! Thank you so much :)

Will be interesting to see what Stuart Edmunds can get out of Ramure...



That does remind me I should keep an eye out for OJA!

Don't know whether it's been mentioned elsewhere but OJA is now available to pre-order. Paper copies are being dispatched "mid September'.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Kotkijet
I've never bought 'One Jump Ahead' before, for the purposes of Cheltenham Fest antepost, is it worth it? (there's nowhere better than this place, but always good to read more). Just had a quick look on the site and it seems to be very English centric judging by the stable interview section? Not knocking that, fully aware there is an entire season outside the festival, just curious. How many of the 'winners' come from the original book and how many come from all the 8 quid updates?!

https://www.mhpublications.co.uk/pub...one-jump-ahead
 
Last edited:
I've never bought 'One Jump Ahead' before, for the purposes of Cheltenham Fest antepost, is it worth it? (there's nowhere better than this place, but always good to read more). Just had a quick look on the site and it seems to be very English centric judging by the stable interview section? Not knocking that, fully aware there is an entire season outside the festival, just curious. How many of the 'winners' come from the original book and how many come from all the 8 quid updates?!

https://www.mhpublications.co.uk/pub...one-jump-ahead

He gets decent information from Ireland so wouldn't be too concerned about that AV. It's well worth the money imo, not necessarily for Cheltenham but just to whet the appetite for the season ahead.
 
I've never bought 'One Jump Ahead' before, for the purposes of Cheltenham Fest antepost, is it worth it? (there's nowhere better than this place, but always good to read more). Just had a quick look on the site and it seems to be very English centric judging by the stable interview section? Not knocking that, fully aware there is an entire season outside the festival, just curious. How many of the 'winners' come from the original book and how many come from all the 8 quid updates?!

https://www.mhpublications.co.uk/pub...one-jump-ahead

I always buy it and use it as a basis for a Cheltenham assault. It's also worth keeping the back issues and revisiting them periodically as horses can often get a decent write-up and not run that season for whatever reason. There is usually a French section, an English and Irish Pointers section and an 'Unraced Bumpers' section so for me it's worth 11 quid. I've never bought the Cheltenham previews so don't know how good they are. Like most publications / articles it should be viewed as a source of information and not a tipping service.​​​​​​
 
  • Like
Reactions: The Fellow
Mark Howard’s book is easily the best of these, and well worth buying. I don’t agree with all of his assumptions on potential or his assumed future routes, but the book gives good info on very many of the horses you want to know about.
 
I've never bought into any of these books as I've always been happy with the input from the likes of this forum and my own knowledge. Do they really add much more than we, as a group, can give ?
 
I've never bought into any of these books as I've always been happy with the input from the likes of this forum and my own knowledge. Do they really add much more than we, as a group, can give ?

I would say that the books give people, including FJ Members, some names, information, and possible targets, and these then filter into peoples minds and onto this forum, and into the betting markets price requests.

Without them we would all lack that input, not pick up on horses plans so quickly, and it would be a darker place, for much longer.