• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

2022 Novice Hurdle Division

  • Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 4957
  • Start date Start date
What are people's thoughts on O'Toole who split Kilcruit and Sir Gerhard at Punchestown ?

Excellent stayer. Probably overlooked because he's not one of the big trainers horses but definitely a candidate for the Albert Bartlett.
 
Definitely agree with that

I like both letsbeclearaboutit, who was very good in bumpers and has plenty of stamina in both sides of his pedigree

And otoole for the bartlett at this very early stage

Both are 33/1

Just had a small bet on both
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: That Horse
Backed Gerri Colombe at 40/1 for the ballymore. Although he hasn’t beaten much in his bumpers, he looks to have a with a touch of class about it him. Think this will be his target
 
Also like Hollow Games who is with Gordon, personally backed him for the bartlett. Looked alright in his 2 bumpers and is a 3 mile PTP winner
 
It's strange but every time we talk a horse up on here, the latest being O'Toole, it appears in the 'most popular bets ' list on Oddschecker. We are definitely living in the Truman show.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Saxon Warrior
Another one I've had my eye on and I think he may have been mentioned here before but do correct me if I'm wrong is a purchase by the Moran's and Gordon at the April Tattersalls PTP sales , American Mike where he was the biggest sale at 195k. Here is his replay of his only run and PTP Win. With him being 4 years old, they may end up sending him through bumpers this season then go Novice hurdling in 2023
 
Another one I've had my eye on and I think he may have been mentioned here before but do correct me if I'm wrong is a purchase by the Moran's and Gordon at the April Tattersalls PTP sales , American Mike where he was the biggest sale at 195k. Here is his replay of his only run and PTP Win. With him being 4 years old, they may end up sending him through bumpers this season then go Novice hurdling in 2023

American Mike is on my radar too. Was really impressive in that PTP and I spoke to someone who is more into their PTP than myself and they gave American Mike as one to look out for, so all positive really.

I think I’ll wait until stable tours to see if there’s any plans because as you say he’s only 4. The 5 year old record in the potato race isn’t great either and he of course has the option of staying in bumpers for a year, although he didn’t look a particularly quick horse in his PTP to my eye :abnormal:

maybe he will follow the same path as Ginto did for the same connections last year?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Zachx02
American Mike is on my radar too. Was really impressive in that PTP and I spoke to someone who is more into their PTP than myself and they gave American Mike as one to look out for, so all positive really.

I think I’ll wait until stable tours to see if there’s any plans because as you say he’s only 4. The 5 year old record in the potato race isn’t great either and he of course has the option of staying in bumpers for a year, although he didn’t look a particularly quick horse in his PTP to my eye :abnormal:

maybe he will follow the same path as Ginto did for the same connections last year?

May end up that way yeah, seems like Gordon likes doing a season of bumpers with his PTPers anyway, Sir Gerhard is 6 and even he went through a season of bumpers and won a 3 Mile PTP like Ginto who's 5
 
  • Like
Reactions: Topofthegame2021
What are people's thoughts on O'Toole who split Kilcruit and Sir Gerhard at Punchestown ?

Looks like he'll be fairly useful, though I do think Sir Gerhard didn't run his true race tbh.
 
Looks like he'll be fairly useful, though I do think Sir Gerhard didn't run his true race tbh.

Yep, that was very clear. Where do you see O'Toole going COD ? I'm thinking Albert over Ballymore.
 
Yep, that was very clear. Where do you see O'Toole going COD ? I'm thinking Albert over Ballymore.

He's a difficult one to assess for me, but if you factor in Sir G not running his race then O'Toole probably finishes 3rd in that bumper. Obviously he is a lot lighter raced than that pair, but I think he needs 2m 4f+ the rest will depend on his actual ability. Couldn't rule out anything at this stage. It's comfortable on this fence :highly_amused:
 
He's a difficult one to assess for me, but if you factor in Sir G not running his race then O'Toole probably finishes 3rd in that bumper. Obviously he is a lot lighter raced than that pair, but I think he needs 2m 4f+ the rest will depend on his actual ability. Couldn't rule out anything at this stage. It's comfortable on this fence :highly_amused:

Cheers. His TWAR price is a bag of shite. Think I'll back him for Albert and take it from there.
 
Cheers. His TWAR price is a bag of shite. Think I'll back him for Albert and take it from there.

Yeah, I've not been inspired by many of the TWAR prices as of yet tbh.
 
Yeah, I've not been inspired by many of the TWAR prices as of yet tbh.

Agree. Very poor. I've only found a few I like. Blue Lord, Dark Raven, Grangee, Statler and The Bosses Oscar are the only ones I've backed so far. Last season at this stage I had about 50 ! Have had to do several for multiple races which is not normal for me but I had to adapt.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ComplyOrDie
Agree. Very poor. I've only found a few I like. Blue Lord, Dark Raven, Grangee, Statler and The Bosses Oscar are the only ones I've backed so far. Last season at this stage I had about 50 ! Have had to do several for multiple races which is not normal for me but I had to adapt.

Can pick out so many examples, but the fact that Five O'Clock is 14s TWAR on Sky is one of the biggest outrages for me. To put into context, was 7th in Martin Pipe in 2020 - I was on TWAR at 25s for this year's fez where was a NR, and since then, hasn't even been seen!?
 
  • Like
Reactions: ToniC
Anyone by any chance know who Call Her Now has gone into training with? Purchased for 230k at Tattersalls in May I think and is out of a half sister to Denman, possible one for the Mares novice hurdle
 
For anyone with a Ladbrokes account Letsbeclearabout it is 50/1 for the AB. He’s a general 33/1 shot currently across Oddschecker.

This can also be boosted to 60/1 if you’ve not already used them :welcoming:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lbur4288
For anyone with a Ladbrokes account Letsbeclearabout it is 50/1 for the AB. He’s a general 33/1 shot currently across Oddschecker.

This can also be boosted to 60/1 if you’ve not already used them :welcoming:

Thanks Just gone In again at 60s. One of the few over priced horses in this years ante post market. Can’t believe he’s double the price of that yak Ramilies
 
  • Like
Reactions: Topofthegame2021
Plans for JWM, Gerri Colombe and Grand Jury here, apparently gets info straight from connections according to other members.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: The King Pimm