• HELP US - Become a Patron - Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated ... a small donation each month would be a huge contribution. Become a Patron!

Arkle 2019

Anything on bapaume? He's been cut for this but he's a 3 miler and as far as im aware stays over hurdles.
makes no sense to me.

" A smart sort over hurdles, he has schooled over fences and is ready to kick off in a beginners chase. If it doesnt work out for him - and hopefully all will go well- he could always revert to hurdles. He has a similar profile to Footpad before he went over fences last season."
 
could have said same thing about footpad

Nothing like it. Footpad diddnt get the 3 at punchestown. Bapauame was running on heavy at auteuil over 3m1
Footpad beat device the crack 2 miler at auteuil
 
Have you watched his French races?

Only the one against De Bon Coeur, where for all that he finished 2nd he was ridden to place, because quite frankly none of them had much chance against the DBC.

I just watched his latest win over 2m 3 1/2f in a slightly lesser grade and stayed well to the line there but from his early Triumph Hurdle trial days I had him down as one for intermediate distance, and until I see something that says he can win over 3m I will probably stick to that. He could no doubt drop down in class and probably pick something up at 3m, but not for me at the top level.
 
Willie can train them to win at any distance.
Even Quevega was 3rd in the Punchestown champion hurdle over 2 miles (aged 5)
 
Nothing like it. Footpad diddnt get the 3 at punchestown. Bapauame was running on heavy at auteuil over 3m1
Footpad beat device the crack 2 miler at auteuil

Talking about the one race,
and you're correct that he didn;t get the three as well as the first two home in that race, on that day,
but he did get it better than the 9 other horses in that race (some real stayers got outstayed by footpad)
who'd have thought it ?.
 
Nothing like it. Footpad diddnt get the 3 at punchestown. Bapauame was running on heavy at auteuil over 3m1
Footpad beat device the crack 2 miler at auteuil

I'm confused, Footpad finished 3rd @ Punchestown, Bapaume only 5th, Footpad was some 18 lengths behind the winner that day, yet Bapaume was 30 lengths behind the winner, yet Footpad isn't a stayer but Bapaume is, or have I misread something?
 
I'm confused, Footpad finished 3rd @ Punchestown, Bapaume only 5th, Footpad was some 18 lengths behind the winner that day, yet Bapaume was 30 lengths behind the winner, yet Footpad isn't a stayer but Bapaume is, or have I misread something?


Watch his 2 races at auteuil. Where he came to finish 2nd in the French champion hurdle over 3m1 on heavy that's a huge mark up on his form he loved the fixed brush.

He's no 2 miler
 
Time for the irish to show their hand.

Paloma Blue
Mengli Khan
Draconien
Cilaos Emery
Bapaume
Getabird

Who will lay down the biggest challenge to Lalor/Kalashnikov
 
Time for the irish to show their hand.

Paloma Blue
Mengli Khan
Draconien
Cilaos Emery
Bapaume
Getabird

Who will lay down the biggest challenge to Lalor/Kalashnikov

Cilaos emery
 
Navan will be interesting this weekend. Hopefully Mengli Khan will turn up to take on whatever WM runs.
 
As mentioned previously I'm determined to have the winner of this race, no matter what (haha!), in part to give me as good a chance as possible to get some sort of decent return on the number of free bets I'm 'farming'. Before the weekend I had already had a decent amount invested (about 80% free bets) across Kalashnikov (biggest winner), Draconian, Mengli Khan and Paloma Blue, predominantly at decent prices.

I was prepared for one more to jump out on the UK side although slightly frustrating just how good a performance Lalor put in (well done to those on at 33s!) and how much his price has dropped as a result. Anyway no way I am letting him slip through the net, so the weekends free bet hoard and a couple of points of real money have gone down at around 7s.

I'd love to not have to back another one in this race but feel Scooby is slowly grinding me down on Cilaos Emery, so might have to bite the bullet at some point on that one for a small investment at a decent price. Fun and games :)
 
Be surprised if Cilaos Emery is fast enough for the Arkle.
 
Be surprised if Cilaos Emery is fast enough for the Arkle.

The 159 rated 2 mile hurdler?

Grade 1 winner beating melon over 2
2nd in the grade 1 ryanair hurdle

Travelled all over supasundae on his only try over 2m4 where he travelled supremely well before not getting the trip behind proper grade 1 horses.

Has form in and around much jazz 3rd in the champion hurdle
 
Last edited:
The 159 rated 2 mile hurdler?

Grade 1 winner beating melon over 2
2nd in the grade 1 ryaniar hurdle

Travelled all over supasundae over 2m4 before not getting the trip and getting done on the line. Behind Apple's jade.

Has form in and around much jazz 3rd in the champion hurdle

That's what I'm talking about ...haha!
 
First off the bridle and outstayed Melon. Mick Jazz travelled all over it. Doesn't look like a fast horse. Also if you watch the 2017 Supreme they tried to make all and got outpaced.
 
Last edited:
Kalashnikov - Run 7 times , 5 x 1st. 2 x 2nd. all over 2m.
All wins good , good to soft , 2nds on Heavy .
A worthy Favourite at this stage i think , But all credit to Lalor for the win Yesterday.
Will be interesting to see the Irish horses as they come out , and I'm Sure it will be
a great Arkle in March.