Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Day 2 - Wednesday - Royal Ascot 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
    Main singles today are:

Alternative Fact EW
    Arthurian Fable EW
    Baltic Baron EW

Have also done the Maydanny/Montatham double that someone made a good case for and waiting on Japan for a nice double with Circus Maximus.

TBH I'd just settle for Japan doing the business!!

Think I will probably leave the last 2 races alone unless the day is going well.
    I've re-invested the Alternative Fact returns into Afaak EW who joins Baltic Baron in being my two goes at the Hunt Cup.

Comment

Added Shailene 25/1 E/W in the 4.40.

Comment

Topped up on Fox Chairman at 28/1 in the Royal Hunt Cup. High draw looks to be essential after watching the first race.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Place laid the Queens horse, First Receiver, in the 1:50.
          Went well!

Comment

Well done winners. Great race that.

Comment

Originally posted by Saxon Warrior View Post
              Given the condensed calendar up to the French, Irish and Epsom Derby’s, by the end of this week we will be only a week away from the Irish Derby, with two weeks to the French and the Epsom Derby’s.

I would suggest that those that ran last week in Ireland, including Vatican City, would be more likely to contest the Irish Derby (with two weeks between races).

That leaves those that AOB has brought over to Ascot this week, being possible Epsom Derby try-outs, including Mogul and Arthur’s Kingdom today, Russian Emperor tomorrow, with Santiago and Nobel Prize on Friday.

Today didn’t seem to give us a definite Ballydoyle number one Derby horse, now it’s the turn of Russian Emperor.

His run last week in the Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial, on the face of it looked a bit disappointing.

However, Overall that Trial race has turned out to produce better Derby hopes among the placed horses than those actually winning it.
              Capri came 3rd in it then won the Irish Derby
              Sovereign came 3rd in it then won the Irish Derby
              Idaho placed in the trial and the Epsom and Irish Derby’s.

So I’m interested that AOB is backing him up 8 days after that trial, in Ascot.
              That tells me (if he is a Derby horse) the horse is more likely to be an Epsom horse than an Irish Derby horse, given the extra week’s rest before Epsom.

Now we just have to know if he is good enough.
              We find that out tomorrow.
              On official ratings he’s already 2nd best tomorrow, even though he has looked a bit green in his last two runs.

He could step forward a lot, and if that happens tomorrow, then the 40/1 for Epsom could look big post-race.
              Great shout Saxon

Comment

Great shout Saxon
                RUSSIAN EMPEROR
                Yep, he looked like 1m4f could suit him an awful lot better. Had three races this year now, much more than any Derby competitor, and a break of 2&1/2 weeks before the Derby should help.

I took 7/2 for todays race and 45/1 for Epsom when I made the post yesterday.
                Hope he turns up at Epsom now (12/1 biggest current price) to prove I was thinking was along the right lines.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

Had to laugh when Sky Racing pundit just said AOB doesn't usually target his Epsom Derby horses via the Hampton Court Stakes.

Hmmm, that's because The Derby is usually run over two weeks before the Hampton Court Stakes.
                  "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

RUSSIAN EMPEROR
                    Yep, he looked like 1m4f could suit him an awful lot better. Had three races this year now, much more than any Derby competitor, and a break of 2&1/2 weeks before the Derby should help.

I took 7/2 for todays race and 45/1 for Epsom when I made the post yesterday.
                    Hope he turns up at Epsom now (12/1 biggest current price) to prove I was thinking was along the right lines.
                    Looks like he would be better over further to me, which is why I was slightly against him today.
                    I took the 45-1 before derrinstown so sitting pretty decent now with Kameko @ 14's & English King 16's
                    Aside from Pyledriver who travelled like a mile and half horse yesterday I'd say those three have ran the most convincing races pointing towards the Derby so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Quevega View Post
                      Looks like he would be better over further to me, which is why I was slightly against him today.
                      I took the 45-1 before derrinstown so sitting pretty decent now with Kameko @ 14's & English King 16's
                      Aside from Pyledriver who travelled like a mile and half horse yesterday I'd say those three have ran the most convincing races pointing towards the Derby so far.
                      That don't look a bad hand to have at all Q!

Comment

Had to laugh when Sky Racing pundit just said AOB doesn't usually target his Epsom Derby horses via the Hampton Court Stakes.

Hmmm, that's because The Derby is usually run over two weeks before the Hampton Court Stakes.
                        Brilliant

Comment

lol I hate Ascot, I think I'll just give up tbh

Comment

This is painful today

Comment

This is painful today
                              It's proving a costly day. I have backed almost all the high draws in the Hunt Cup with the extra places. If that goes wrong then it'll be a hole I'll be struggling to get out of this week.

Comment

Originally posted by robith View Post
                                lol I hate Ascot, I think I'll just give up tbh
                                Leaning that way myself! Brutal

Comment

Working...
                                X