Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Day 2 - Wednesday - Royal Ascot 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Kealy has as well, and possibly pricewise too
    + Rowlands

Comment

Added Alrajaa @ 11.5 in the Royal Hunt Cup. In form Crowley made the right choice today in the opener picking Hamdan Al Maktoum’s third string and Alrajaa is an interesting choice tomorrow. He gets off last years winner Afaak and one of my main fancies (and bottom weight) Montatham, who was really impressive when winning recently at Newmarket. Top weight might not stop Alrajaa - he looks like a group horse running in handicaps. Be those two v the field, terrible fav IMO.

Comment

Had a pretty good day yesterday , mainly due to my J.Crowley L.15..
        Today done similar , R.moore , Frankie , J.C multi's.
        My L.31 today is ...
        1.- Juan Elcano - 1-50.-u/p.
        2.- Alrajaa - 2-25.-u/p.
        3.- Addeyb - 3-00.-2nd.
        4.- Montatham - 3-35.-2nd.
        5.- Selino - 4-40.-2nd.
        Last edited by BigChaang; 17 June 2020, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Fox Champion is another that is catching my eye in the Hunt Cup. He's been really poor for best part of a year but go back to the Royal meeting last year and he finished 4 lengths away from Circus Maximus and Too Darn Hot. Hannon has given him a good mention and he's obviously a classy horse in his day.

1pt ew 40/1

Comment

Originally posted by YoungHustler View Post
            Ranch Hand is proving popular in the 4.40. His price has halved in the last couple of days and is now almost favourite. I've mentioned him in another thread that he needs a good win to bump up his mark so that he can get into the Ebor. I'm hoping that the good win will come tomorrow and I've already taken the 40s for the Ebor. Let's just hope that the Ebor is the plan...

I think some of the bookies have been slow at updating their prices for these AP races so you could wait to see if he wins well and then take a poke at the Ebor if you fancy it.
            Hoping for some luck today as a few I've backed have shortened in price. Ranch Hand is now favourite after being tipped up by lots of the main tipsters. The last time I saw the likes of this was when Agrotera won the Sandringham 2 years ago. I promised myself afterwards(having not backed her)that the next time I saw something like this I would back it blindly. Luckily, my money was already on but I will top up to my 3pts max stake. However, I'm also going to have a saver on Fujaira Prince as his form from last year just can't be ignored and he surely can't be out the top 5?

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              13:15 - Dean Street Doll 33/1 (E/W NAP) - write up the first post on this thread. Also chances (and saver bets on) to Ouzo 6/1 (as pointed out by Saxon Warrior) and Brian Epstein 14/1 E/W (as pointed out by Faugheen_Machine), probably prefer the form line of BE of the two, as Cap Francais has been a cliff horse for me, and still think he's a talent.

13:50 - Kenzai Warrior 12/1 E/W - easy to forgive 2000 Guineas effort having completely ruined the start. It's hard enough coming back from a bad start in any race, let alone the hottest 3yo G1 over a mile. Still ran a nice race thereafter, finishing ahead of some 110+ rated animals, and Roger Teal is absolutely no mug, having landed a Group 3 sprint the day before the Guineas. Step up in trip could suit (no reason to doubt on breeding and performances to date), and sights lowered slightly down in a G3, and although asking a fair amount with a penalty, I think he's better than a 12/1 shot.

14:25 - Kings Caper 16/1 E/W - Reappearance in the Derby Trial at Lingfield, running among some horses rated in the 100's. Back down to handicap company today with that run under his belt. Has met Convict (who runs in the same race) previously, over almost 2f shorter, also giving that one some 10lbs at the time, but just 3lbs difference for this race, so would expect to get closer to that one, at almost double that ones price! Also like Win O'Clock with the girl in form, Hollie Doyle, on board, this one could go well, 15/2 available, and also another from the forum, Arthurian Fable (14/1), though has been weak for a while now, so will keep an eye on the market for that one, but them two are my likely saver bets, in yet another tough handicap.

15:00 - Just hope Japan (10/11) wins, not an awful lot to say about him. In some multiples.

15:35 - Vale Of Kent 20/1 E/W & Qaysar 14/1 E/W - My two main plays, with a saver on Bells Rock (9/1). Vale Of Kent was left out the back and ended a never nearer 3rd on his previous start, to let stable mate, Maries Diamond, hose up. Hopefully the handbrake is off today. Looks a decent E/W play with 7 places available. Qaysar ran a nice race on 2000 Guineas day, giving weight to low 100 rated horses, and being never nearer over 7f, the step up to 1m will surely help, and looked another nice E/W play at 14/1 or 12/1 with 7 places. Won't delve into Bells Rock too much as Saxon Warrior has already done the hard work, but sure to go well again also.

16:10 - Tough little sprint, but Get It 12/1 E/W (4 places) looks a tidy bet. Not much to go on, but the form with Eye Of Heaven (favourite for the Norfolk), could look good after this, and is also a horse I really like. Get It finished ahead of Tactical that day and no reason at this early stage of their careers why that form would overturn, yet is a bigger price. I also like the O'Brien runner, Chief Little Hawk (9/2), Mighty Gurkha (10/1), for Hollie Doyle again, and Yazaman (16/1) at a price. Ultimately it's a tough race, but will mostly be looking at Get It as my main bet.

16:40 - Another tough bloody handicap But can't ignore Fujaira Prince (5/1), who should have the edge over Collide. Ones at bigger prices that I do like are Floating Artist 14/1 E/W (5 places) & Dubai Horizon 20/1 E/W (5 places). Will probably just play Fujaira Prince as the saver, with the other two bigger priced runners my main bets!
              Added Presidential 1:15 today, 28/1 E/W 6 places, plus 44's on the exchanges for small amounts with a view to trade out that position.

Yesterday, as noted on here, Berlin Tango was added @ 7/1 E/W also.

Still scratching my head as to why Lord Tennyson is as short as 4/1 favourite, but the horse that was never put into the same race Lord Tennyson run in LTO , but only finished a neck behind (Vale Of Kent) is a 25/1 poke. I'd imagine improvement expected is a reason, but no guarantee, for a 21pt difference in price!

The other I think is massively overpriced today, and backed as original quote, is Dubai Horizon, 20/1 with 5 places available, and perplexed at why he is such a big price. William Buick is the most in form jockey (in that field) of the past 14 days, just ahead of Jim Crowley. He's yet to get off the mark at RA this year, but only had three rides yesterday, most of which were relatively unfancied. Saeed bin Suroor has also started the season well, being very consistent the past 14 days, with only two of his horses being really well beaten (distance wise), of the others (all 17 of them) 10 have finished top 3, and only one of them has finished beyond 6 lengths behind the eventual winner of the race they contested. SBS for the last 14 days is running at a win rate of 16% and a top 3 rate of 52.63%. He has two runners at Ascot today, the first of which does not appeal to me at all.

Best of luck to you all today
              Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 17 June 2020, 07:50 AM.

Comment

Added Afaak in the 15:35 with 7 places.

Charlie Hills had a 1-2 yesterday in the feature race and as FM points out, weighted to be bang there again.
                ...and if Fallon does get a winner this week I'll be on it

Comment

Same here.
                  Me too lads.

That formline of Bell rock picking up Ouzo at Newmarket makes it a nice related double

Comment

L63

Ouzo
                    Berlin tango
                    Bright Melody
                    Bell Rock
                    Sheriff Bianco
                    Selino

Gl all.

Comment

also L15

Ouzo
                      Japan
                      Bell Rock
                      Ranch Hand

Comment

I'm struggling to keep up with all my bets.

Added Oleksander 40/1 ew in the 2.25. Well beaten in 4th by Kipps at Haydock but stayed on again in the last 100 yards. The step up in trip looks to suit on that run and well drawn in stall 18. He was 2nd fav at Haydock and I'm banking on him improving for the run. He's 10 times the price of Kipps and that looks too big and has sucked me in.

Big price each way Trixie: Oleksander 40s, Fox Champion 33s, Hortzader 28s

Comment

I'm struggling to keep up with all my bets.

Added Oleksander 40/1 ew in the 2.25. Well beaten in 4th by Kipps at Haydock but stayed on again in the last 100 yards. The step up in trip looks to suit on that run and well drawn in stall 18. He was 2nd fav at Haydock and I'm banking on him improving for the run. He's 10 times the price of Kipps and that looks too big and has sucked me in.

Big price each way Trixie: Oleksander 40s, Fox Champion 33s, Hortzader 28s
                          Topped up on Japan at 6/4 too

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                            also L15

Ouzo
                            Japan
                            Bell Rock
                            Ranch Hand
                            I will take that!

Comment

1:15 - Ouzo @ 9/2 (6 places)
                              - Zhui Feng @ 16/1 (6 places)

1:50 - First Receiver @ 9/4
                              - Juan Elcano @ 4/1

2:25 - Bright Melody @ 6/1 E/W (5 places)

3:00 - Japan (NAP) @ 7/4 (main day 2 bet)
                              - Addeybb @ 6/1

3:35 - Bell Rock @ 7/1 E/W (7 places)
                              - Qaysar @ 16/1 E/W (7 places - small bet)
                              - Vale of Kent @ 25/1 E/W (7 places - small bet)

4:10 - Mighty Gurkha @ 8/1 E/W (5 places)

4:40 - Fujaira Prince @ 9/2 E/W (5 places)

Comment

1315 - Ouzo
                                1350 - Russian Emperor
                                1425 - Kipps / Convict
                                1500 - Japan
                                1535 - Bells Rock / Willie John
                                1610 - Tactical
                                1640 - Ranch Hand

Comment

Working...
                                X