Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Day 2 - Wednesday - Royal Ascot 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Day 2 - Wednesday - Royal Ascot 2020

What are you on / what do you fancy / any other thoughts on Day 2 of this years Royal Ascot meeting....

13:15
    - Silver Royal Hunt Cup (Handicap)

13:50 - Hampton Court Stakes

14:25 - King George V Stakes (Handicap)

15:00 - Prince Of Wales's Stakes (Group 1)

15:35 - Royal Hunt Cup (Handicap)

16:10 - Windsor Castle Stakes

16:40 - Copper Horse (Handicap)
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 June 2020, 11:45 AM.

Silver Royal Hunt Cup Handicap:

Going to give a small shout out to Dean Street Doll, now rated 93. Her early 3 year old career she won her maiden nicely from a horse now rated 106. She then went on to perform with credit in the Irish 1000 Guineas trial, finishing 2nd, before proving not good enough in the actual Irish 1000 Guineas, but again not disgraced, finishing 7 1/4 lengths behind the now 116 rated, Hermosa. She was then stepped out in trip and that failed miserably. She had a small break before running in the Snow Fairy Group 3 at the Curragh, over 1m 1f, of which, despite finishing 11th of 12 was still only just 6 odd lengths behind the winner. Her next two starts were write offs, one over further yet again and her last start of the campaign on heavy ground, the first time she had encountered this.

Since moved to David Menuisier, and off the track for 235 days, she headed to Kempton, I'd imagine for a pipe opener, in the Snodrop Fillies Listed Stakes, again, the finish position of 11th, not telling the whole story as she was only 6 lengths behind the winner, the now 105 rated Nazeef, with the 116 rated (and 1000 Guineas winner) Billesdon Brook in 2nd.

She finally ends up in a handicap here where no other horse is rated above 100, in fact, highest is just 96. I think she still has the potential in there as a 100 rated horse, whether she can put her best foot forward on Wednesday remains to be seen, but her early 3 year old form would give reason for some hope.

Dean Street Doll 33/1 E/W
    Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 15 June 2020, 02:09 PM.

Comment

Silver Royal Hunt Cup
      Maydanny @ 7/1 EW (6 places)

Royal Hunt Cup
      Montatham @ 9/1 EW (7 places)
      Arjalaa @ 11.5

Double: Maydanny & Montatham EW @ 95/1

Hampton Court Stakes
      Berlin Tango @ 6/1 EW

Prince Of Wales's Stakes
      Lord North @ 11/1 EW

Windsor Castle Stakes
      Mighty Gurkha @ 9/1 EW (5 places)

Copper Horse
      Almania @ 12/1 EW (5 places)
      Last edited by charlie; 16 June 2020, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Royal Hunt Cup
        Baltic Baron - 33/1 7 places

Untapped potential in what is only his 2nd season with David O'Meara after coming over from France. Is yet to get his head in front in 9 attempts so far but has shown promise in some good races and according to the trainer he has matured and had a small wind op over the winter. Most notable performance last season was probably the 5th place in the big mile handicap at Glorious Goodwood when he had nowhere to go up the rail. Interestingly that run was in a first time visor which was then used again at York (when admittedly he was a little disappointing) but then it was left off for the rest of the season. He had a pipe opener at Newmarket last week (no headgear) when a keeping on 7th without ever really landing a blow - that hopefully should have put him spot on for this and the headgear is back on, this time in the form of cheekpieces.

Comment

13:15 - Dean Street Doll 33/1 (E/W NAP) - write up the first post on this thread. Also chances (and saver bets on) to Ouzo 6/1 (as pointed out by Saxon Warrior) and Brian Epstein 14/1 E/W (as pointed out by Faugheen_Machine), probably prefer the form line of BE of the two, as Cap Francais has been a cliff horse for me, and still think he's a talent.

13:50 - Kenzai Warrior 12/1 E/W - easy to forgive 2000 Guineas effort having completely ruined the start. It's hard enough coming back from a bad start in any race, let alone the hottest 3yo G1 over a mile. Still ran a nice race thereafter, finishing ahead of some 110+ rated animals, and Roger Teal is absolutely no mug, having landed a Group 3 sprint the day before the Guineas. Step up in trip could suit (no reason to doubt on breeding and performances to date), and sights lowered slightly down in a G3, and although asking a fair amount with a penalty, I think he's better than a 12/1 shot.

14:25 - Kings Caper 16/1 E/W - Reappearance in the Derby Trial at Lingfield, running among some horses rated in the 100's. Back down to handicap company today with that run under his belt. Has met Convict (who runs in the same race) previously, over almost 2f shorter, also giving that one some 10lbs at the time, but just 3lbs difference for this race, so would expect to get closer to that one, at almost double that ones price! Also like Win O'Clock with the girl in form, Hollie Doyle, on board, this one could go well, 15/2 available, and also another from the forum, Arthurian Fable (14/1), though has been weak for a while now, so will keep an eye on the market for that one, but them two are my likely saver bets, in yet another tough handicap.

15:00 - Just hope Japan (10/11) wins, not an awful lot to say about him. In some multiples.

15:35 - Vale Of Kent 20/1 E/W & Qaysar 14/1 E/W - My two main plays, with a saver on Bells Rock (9/1). Vale Of Kent was left out the back and ended a never nearer 3rd on his previous start, to let stable mate, Maries Diamond, hose up. Hopefully the handbrake is off today. Looks a decent E/W play with 7 places available. Qaysar ran a nice race on 2000 Guineas day, giving weight to low 100 rated horses, and being never nearer over 7f, the step up to 1m will surely help, and looked another nice E/W play at 14/1 or 12/1 with 7 places. Won't delve into Bells Rock too much as Saxon Warrior has already done the hard work, but sure to go well again also.

16:10 - Tough little sprint, but Get It 12/1 E/W (4 places) looks a tidy bet. Not much to go on, but the form with Eye Of Heaven (favourite for the Norfolk), could look good after this, and is also a horse I really like. Get It finished ahead of Tactical that day and no reason at this early stage of their careers why that form would overturn, yet is a bigger price. I also like the O'Brien runner, Chief Little Hawk (9/2), Mighty Gurkha (10/1), for Hollie Doyle again, and Yazaman (16/1) at a price. Ultimately it's a tough race, but will mostly be looking at Get It as my main bet.

16:40 - Another tough bloody handicap But can't ignore Fujaira Prince (5/1), who should have the edge over Collide. Ones at bigger prices that I do like are Floating Artist 14/1 E/W (5 places) & Dubai Horizon 20/1 E/W (5 places). Will probably just play Fujaira Prince as the saver, with the other two bigger priced runners my main bets!
          Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 16 June 2020, 09:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post

16:10 - Tough little sprint, but Get It 12/1 E/W (4 places) looks a tidy bet. Not much to go on, but the form with Eye Of Heaven (favourite for the Norfolk), could look good after this, and is also a horse I really like. Get It finished ahead of Tactical that day and no reason at this early stage of their careers why that form would overturn, yet is a bigger price. I also like the O'Brien runner, Chief Little Hawk (9/2), Mighty Gurkha (10/1), for Hollie Doyle again, and Yazaman (16/1) at a price. Ultimately it's a tough race, but will mostly be looking at Get It as my main bet.
            Morning COD for the 16:10 tomorrow - When tactical placed 3rd on debut I immediately placed him in my tracker because he very obviously got squeezed out and IMO lost a few lengths, I think he will almost certainly reverse that form with GET IT. He opened at 10s but now generally 7s, Tactical has a good draw in Stall 20 and I think there is a big run coming from him tomorrow
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 June 2020, 08:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 7barrows View Post
              Morning COD for the 16:10 tomorrow - When tactical placed 3rd on debut I immediately placed him in my tracker because he very obviously got squeezed out and IMO lost a few lengths, I think he will almost certainly reverse that form with GET IT. He opened at 10s but now generally 7s, Tactical has a good draw in Stall 20 and I think there is a big run coming from him tomorrow
              You may well be right 7B, and had noted the interference that day. I like a horse up with the pace in the big fields, and Get It is likely to be one of them. Danger of the same thing happening to Tactical would still be there should he track leaders again? More a guess about tactics deployed too, but Get It will go from the off. As said, it's a tough little race, it won't be one I'll be spending a load on for sure.

Wouldn't surprise me if something at a bigger price popped up.

Comment

Happy day, three big handicaps, as well as the classy stuff.

Difficult to pick between two for NAP of the DAY, so I will mention them both.

OUZO now into 6/1 for the Silver Royal Hunt Cup, he is still 5lb well in, form his seasonal debut when he was collared by Bell Rock on the line, with 3&1/2 lengths back to 3rd.
                He can still run from his old mark of 91 at Ascot (He has been marked up to 96 for future races, by the handicapper today)

ARTHURIAN FABLE still 14/1 for the King George V 3yo Handicap over 12 furlongs.
                BHA Handicapper said today he ran to a rating of 86 on 1000 Guineas Day when beaten a short head over an inadequate 10F, staying on strongly.
                He can still run off his old mark of 81 tomorrow, so 5lb in hand on official ratings.
                "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

1.50 Berlin Tango 7/1 added E/W after that victory by Pyledriver in the King Edward.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    1.50 Berlin Tango 7/1 added E/W after that victory by Pyledriver in the King Edward.
                    Took 8's and also doubled with Bright Melody also.
                    Big Kealy mentioned these two I think, and I made a note to see how pyledriver ran.

Comment

With the rain that's come I'm really big on the chances of Alternative Fact in the opener. He'll love a fast pace to go at and I was originally concerned 1m would be a bit sharp - but not now with the rain-softened ground. Frankie booked and I reckon they expect a big run.

Comment

Had a decent go on OUZO and Bell Rock e/w double.

Comment

Well Tuesday was a shocker, but on we go.....
                          1.15 - Joined the Ouzo gamble, Alternative Fact ew
                          1.50 - First Receiver
                          2.25 - Bodyline and Win O'clock
                          3.00 - No bet, just want to see Japan again
                          3.35 - Montatham, Willie John, Petrus all ew
                          4.10 - Chief Little Hawk and Mighty Gurkha
                          4.40 - Fujaira Prince and Selino.

Just a winner would be nice, just the one. Im not greedy.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceiskey View Post
                            Had a decent go on OUZO and Bell Rock e/w double.
                            Same here.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Same here.
                              Also Ouzo and AFAAK
                              I need ouzo to at least hit the frame.

Comment

Working...
                              X