Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2024 preview evenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

Thank you and hope everything turns out okay with your pet.
    Thanks bud. She had an allergic reaction yesterday, then reacted to the medicine for that today. Was up until 4am last night with her as she was throwing up every 10 minutes.

Kept her on a bit of boiled chicken tonight and this was just a check up to see that she had kept it down and she seems to be progressing, the vet was happy with her though so hopefully I can sleep tonight and I don't have too much more vomit to clean up

Comment

Originally posted by Dandrew99 View Post

Thanks bud. She had an allergic reaction yesterday, then reacted to the medicine for that today. Was up until 4am last night with her as she was throwing up every 10 minutes.

Kept her on a bit of boiled chicken tonight and this was just a check up to see that she had kept it down and she seems to be progressing, the vet was happy with her though so hopefully I can sleep tonight and I don't have too much more vomit to clean up
      Sounds like she’s had a rough time bless her (and you for that matter) . Fingers crossed she’s on the mend soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Guinness Village View Post
        Proper chubby that Skelton.
        Bit unnecessary

Comment

Dan sounds sweet on Nurse Susan in Pipe, Saxon will be happy.
          Last edited by Magpie; 29 February 2024, 08:11 PM.

Comment

DJ charity bet is Corbett’s cross, so can put the line through that one!
            Grey Dawning for Turners for Skelton

Comment

Watched it back, he did say he loves him, so comment withdrawn

Still stand by the lukewarm comment, but with Willies lot you rarely get much more than that anyway.

Comment

When Jennings started the Ballymore discussion he began by saying let's assume Ballyburn goes for the Supreme. More than a slant, and resulted in very little chat about Ballyburn actually being in the Ballymore. Far more talk about Ile Atlantique. It seemed to me that Jennings was doing his level best to push the horse.

The most interesting moment for me was Townend taking what seemed like an age to answer the question would the Ballymore be an easier race for Ballyburn? After all that thinking he still got the answer wrong. Deliberately?

Comment

Ballyburn shortening right up for the supreme and drifting again for BB. Mystical power also shortening significantly for baring Bingham. Anything said tonight?

Comment

Short write up of our preview evening....

Obvious but Ballyburn wins whatever race he goes too. Odds on that that's the Supreme

Gaelic Warrior has to go Arkle to have any chance of winning a race at Cheltenham. Majority against Marine. Quilixios nice EW price

Facile Vega needs to be stepped up to Turners to have the best chance of winning this year

Lossiemouth wins.

Nara 'interesting' in Boodles

Ginny's Destiny Turners

Envoi Allen Ryanair . Stage Star danger. Banbridge NR

Galopin wins but Gentlemansgame the potential spoiler

Sir Gino wins though Henderson form a slight worry. Bunting best of Irish

Embassy and Ziggy in NHC. Corbetts bad prep. Kilbeg king EW

​​​​​​​Brighterdaysahead beats Jade

​​​​​​​FTF could be vulnerable in Soft ground over new distance to SAF

State Man wins. C Hill will not make the gaff

Teahupoo wins. Irish should run here

Sa Majeste wins whatever race he runs in

Stumptown huge chance in Ultima . The Goffer to run well again

Dinoblue most vulnerable of shorties . Won't get home in soft. Liberty to pick up pieces

Maughreen Bumper

​​​​​​​Premier Magic/It's on the line

​​​​​​​IL Atlantique and Slade Steel Ballymore

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
                    Last edited by Lobos; 29 February 2024, 11:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                      DJ charity bet is Corbett’s cross, so can put the line through that one!
                      Grey Dawning for Turners for Skelton
                      What happened to the BANC being Grey Dawning first choice.......these cheeky trainers.

Comment

• Robbie Power believes Ballyburn & Tullyhill run in the Supreme - so Slade Steel to Baring Bingham

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                          When Jennings started the Ballymore discussion he began by saying let's assume Ballyburn goes for the Supreme. More than a slant, and resulted in very little chat about Ballyburn actually being in the Ballymore. Far more talk about Ile Atlantique. It seemed to me that Jennings was doing his level best to push the horse.

The most interesting moment for me was Townend taking what seemed like an age to answer the question would the Ballymore be an easier race for Ballyburn? After all that thinking he still got the answer wrong. Deliberately?
                          Do you think he did it deliberately just to wind you up ?

Seems to be causing you some anxiety this "which race" thing for this horse.
                          I am completely on your side with regards his breeding and him being more of a stayer on paper.

I really hope he runs in the Baring Bingham for your sake.

But it's worth remembering that you can always lay your stake off, and there was plenty of opportunity to get on him for the supreme at much bigger prices than he's ever been for the BB. The signs were there for quite a while. I assume you haven't by the tone of your comments on the subject. If you have then cool

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Do you think he did it deliberately just to wind you up ?

Seems to be causing you some anxiety this "which race" thing for this horse.
                            I am completely on your side with regards his breeding and him being more of a stayer on paper.

I really hope he runs in the Baring Bingham for your sake.

But it's worth remembering that you can always lay your stake off, and there was plenty of opportunity to get on him for the supreme at much bigger prices than he's ever been for the BB. The signs were there for quite a while. I assume you haven't by the tone of your comments on the subject. If you have then cool
                            I understand your sentiments I really do but to be fair Q the discussion around Ballyburn has been littered with pocket talk for weeks now and so calling out KB for it when many others have been doing exactly the same thing relentlessly seems possibly a little harsh? though I’m sure you have good reason. I don’t do a diary but I will happily declare my hand , he is an 18 point return for me in the supreme and a 140 point return in the Ballymore and I have purposely stayed out of the debate as a consequence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

I understand your sentiments I really do but to be fair Q the discussion around Ballyburn has been littered with pocket talk for weeks now and so calling out KB for it when many others have been doing exactly the same thing relentlessly seems possibly a little harsh? though I’m sure you have good reason. I don’t do a diary but I will happily declare my hand , he is an 18 point return for me in the supreme and a 140 point return in the Ballymore and I have purposely stayed out of the debate as a consequence.
                              Have you laid off your ballymore bet ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

Have you laid off your ballymore bet ?
                                I don’t think I can really afford to without taking funds from other opportunities. It’s just one reality of having less funds available than ideal. I got the horse wrong and I’m likely going to suck it up and move on. If it wasnt for a couple of roll ups my supreme return would be zero. Tbf I was due a bad supreme. I thought his bumper form was overrated and I didn’t think he’d be pacey enough for the supreme. I haven’t got cash out either so all in all I’m just left with hope. My ballymore return is only what it is because I used a load of 2 point hills free bets on him early doors. IA is actually my biggest BB winner so it’s all swings and roundabouts in the end my friend

Comment

Working...
                                X