Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

2024 preview evenings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

I don’t think I can really afford to without taking funds from other opportunities. It’s just one reality of having less funds available than ideal. I got the horse wrong and I’m likely going to suck it up and move on. If it wasnt for a couple of roll ups my supreme return would be zero. Tbf I was due a bad supreme. I thought his bumper form was overrated and I didn’t think he’d be pacey enough for the supreme. I haven’t got cash out either so all in all I’m just left with hope. My ballymore return is only what it is because I used a load of 2 point hills free bets on him early doors. IA is actually my biggest BB winner so it’s all swings and roundabouts in the end my friend
    On the calling out thing, that you called me out on
    I think I've had similar discussions as this has been going on weeks, and aside from a gentle nudge on the folly of ignorance and stubbornness It was meant in good faith.

I've done that many doubles with the main protagonist's that I was happy either race.
    But if he runs and loses in the supreme then I'm left with all my hopes on exactly the same Ile Atlantique bet. I cashed a 33-1 ticket for Mystical clever clogs but do have in a double with Ballyburn.
    If Ballyburn wins the supreme and Ile Atlantique wins the BB then I'm fucking rich.

Comment

• Originally posted by Quevega View Post

On the calling out thing, that you called me out on
      I think I've had similar discussions as this has been going on weeks, and aside from a gentle nudge on the folly of ignorance and stubbornness It was meant in good faith.

I've done that many doubles with the main protagonist's that I was happy either race.
      But if he runs and loses in the supreme then I'm left with all my hopes on exactly the same Ile Atlantique bet. I cashed a 33-1 ticket for Mystical clever clogs but do have in a double with Ballyburn.
      If Ballyburn wins the supreme and Ile Atlantique wins the BB then I'm fucking rich.
      In which case I won’t be greedy and I’d be perfectly happy with just IA . If the races were chronologically the other way round then I’d genuinely cheer him in for you. As it stands I can’t

Comment

• Originally posted by Rooster Booster View Post

I understand your sentiments I really do but to be fair Q the discussion around Ballyburn has been littered with pocket talk for weeks now and so calling out KB for it when many others have been doing exactly the same thing relentlessly seems possibly a little harsh? though I’m sure you have good reason. I don’t do a diary but I will happily declare my hand , he is an 18 point return for me in the supreme and a 140 point return in the Ballymore and I have purposely stayed out of the debate as a consequence.
        All my comments about Ballyburn would be exactly the same had I not backed the horse. He is nowhere near my best winner, in a pretty rubbish ante-post list. As if you can't have an opinion without having a bet? That's narrow minded bonkers, and always has been. Just an oh so obvious cheap shot. I think it's a terrible shame that a 2m4f-3m horse is being forced at the whim of the trainer to do something he shouldn't really be doing, particularly as he is a penalty kick in the longer race. He should have started at 2m4f, never swayed from that distance, and be unbeaten. I find it hard to believe any other top trainer would have gone the Mullins route. No point going through all the arguments which I gave on the novice hurdle thread. I would only add that some people have recently made the argument that soft ground should sway the decision towards the Supreme. If anything it should be the other way. He would stay three miles now. The soft ground won't slow down the Supreme pace that much, and Townend will need to maintain a position. There will be no change of tactics because he simply hasn't got the pace to risk doing that. We don't even know how he would cope without daylight. He could end up running on empty and being run down just like Facile Vega, He is no better than that horse over two miles. He is a true odds on shot for the Ballymore, not for a Supreme.

I don't see why anyone who feels strongly enough should just sit back and applaud what they feel is an obvious mistake. All trainers make mistakes, and that includes Mullins. It's very much easier to paper over them when you have so much quality. Fact To File is another one, but clearly that mistake isn't as obvious as Ballyburn. Seemingly, you cannot take anything this trainer says at face value. A few days ago 'Mystical Power for the Supreme', yet the market suggests he is going Ballymore. So he is prepared to risk a horse over a new trip in preference to a horse who would likely dot up. There is zero logic to the man. I would like to say (although it's no consolation) we won't ever see this horse over two miles again, but who knows with this trainer? He likened the horse to Faugheen which on all known evidence doesn't make any sense. As I said on another thread if he won 2/3 novice hurdles, and the top novice hurdler got beat, I doubt he would be too fussed.

As for my comments on the preview it was a fair representation of what was said, no more than that. I had a very small NRNB on Ballyburn for the Supreme which might yield a small profit should he get away with it. A big part of me wishes I hadn't even bothered. I think there is very good chance bookmakers will get one of their best starts ever to a Festival meeting.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post

All my comments about Ballyburn would be exactly the same had I not backed the horse. He is nowhere near my best winner, in a pretty rubbish ante-post list. As if you can't have an opinion without having a bet? That's narrow minded bonkers, and always has been. Just an oh so obvious cheap shot. I think it's a terrible shame that a 2m4f-3m horse is being forced at the whim of the trainer to do something he shouldn't really be doing, particularly as he is a penalty kick in the longer race. He should have started at 2m4f, never swayed from that distance, and be unbeaten. I find it hard to believe any other top trainer would have gone the Mullins route. No point going through all the arguments which I gave on the novice hurdle thread. I would only add that some people have recently made the argument that soft ground should sway the decision towards the Supreme. If anything it should be the other way. He would stay three miles now. The soft ground won't slow down the Supreme pace that much, and Townend will need to maintain a position. There will be no change of tactics because he simply hasn't got the pace to risk doing that. We don't even know how he would cope without daylight. He could end up running on empty and being run down just like Facile Vega, He is no better than that horse over two miles. He is a true odds on shot for the Ballymore, not for a Supreme.

I don't see why anyone who feels strongly enough should just sit back and applaud what they feel is an obvious mistake. All trainers make mistakes, and that includes Mullins. It's very much easier to paper over them when you have so much quality. Fact To File is another one, but clearly that mistake isn't as obvious as Ballyburn. Seemingly, you cannot take anything this trainer says at face value. A few days ago 'Mystical Power for the Supreme', yet the market suggests he is going Ballymore. So he is prepared to risk a horse over a new trip in preference to a horse who would likely dot up. There is zero logic to the man. I would like to say (although it's no consolation) we won't ever see this horse over two miles again, but who knows with this trainer? He likened the horse to Faugheen which on all known evidence doesn't make any sense. As I said on another thread if he won 2/3 novice hurdles, and the top novice hurdler got beat, I doubt he would be too fussed.

As for my comments on the preview it was a fair representation of what was said, no more than that. I had a very small NRNB on Ballyburn for the Supreme which might yield a small profit should he get away with it. A big part of me wishes I hadn't even bothered. I think there is very good chance bookmakers will get one of their best starts ever to a Festival meeting.
          Why are you posting this and quoting me …genuine question? I have already explained my financial situation and have made it clear I am staying out of any discussion with regard to which race he should be in? Are you looking for me to respond?

Comment

• I agree with a lot of this Kinloch, but you clearly have had a bet.

Accusing Willie of doing things on a whim and doing things no other trainer would do is beyond any credible reasoning or rationale.
            I think he'd give you a wry smile and a tip of his hat. Then wish you a good day.

And I took you on face value when you said you'd only post one comment on the subject. I forgive you though, as things change.

If he runs and loses in the Supreme, then take in the moment of validation.

Or you could even Lay him and profit from your beliefs if you like

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post

I think it's a terrible shame that a 2m4f-3m horse is being forced at the whim of the trainer to do something he shouldn't really be doing, particularly as he is a penalty kick in the longer race. He should have started at 2m4f, never swayed from that distance, and be unbeaten.
              He ran an equivalent RPR to what Marine Nationale did in the Supreme Hurdle last year. No novice horse in the last ten years has run a higher RPR over 2m pre-Cheltenham, yet he isn't a 2 miler? Fair enough, he could of stayed at 2 1/2m mile and been unbeaten, but according to ratings he has also proven himself to be a top class 2 miler as a novice so I would suggest Mullins has more than justified his decision.

Comment

• Deleted...

Comment

• Is there any previews on tonight being streamed ?

Comment

• Barberstown preview is on tonight..

Anyone there taking notes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
                      Is there any previews on tonight being streamed ?
                      Unibet on YouTube 7pm

be interesting
                      Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post

Unibet on YouTube 7pm

be interesting
                        Who's on the panel

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post

Who's on the panel
                          Nicky, Nico, Segal, Kealy,& couple others ….hard to see on my screen as upcoming stuck on top
                          Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post

Nicky, Nico, Segal, Kealy,& couple others ….hard to see on my screen as upcoming stuck on top
                            Hopefully the carpets are a sound enough surface or Nicky might not travel over

Comment

• 2 hrs of Henderson waffling on ……..

Comment

• Originally posted by Magpie View Post
                                2 hrs of Henderson waffling on ……..
                                Then they'll move onto the arkle

Comment

Working...
                                X